• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Best Movies Never Made?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
What movies interest you, despite never being made, or remaining in development hell for years? For instance: Superman vs. Batman, Ghostbusters III, etc.

I'd like to hear of any good ones. For some reason, I like looking into this stuff...

I would've loved to have seen Ghostbusters 3, but I'll settle for the video game. I also wonder what Batman Triumphant would've been like.

Superman- Tim Burton...would have rather seen this than Superman returns.. but i must admit, nick cage would have been horrible..still i'd see it.

The Batman Beyond live action film. If done right it could've been amazing. But I'm glad we got Batman Begins/The Dark Knight.... hopefully some day down the road then.

Superman- Tim Burton...would have rather seen this than Superman returns.. but i must admit, nick cage would have been horrible..still i'd see it.
This as well is something I would've liked to have seen.

Edgar Rice Burroughs ,the creator of Tarzan, wrote another character into a series of books, John Carter : Warlord of Mars. If you take the time to read them, that would be my choice.

Edgar Rice Burroughs ,the creator of Tarzan, wrote another character into a series of books, John Carter : Warlord of Mars. If you take the time to read them, that would be my choice.
I believe a John Carter film is in the works.

An honest-to-God, 0% CGI, direct-to-THEATERS Gremlins 3. It'll never happen. :csad:

And I saw this a year ago hoping it was a real teaser, but of course, it wasn't...

[YT]ffl1Kztn6Yg[/YT]

This one would of been a good teaser too if it was less dark...

[YT]4Y2pHa7iufk[/YT]

i actually was thinking of this today

Ghostbusters III
The original drafts of Alien 3 (with the xenomorph coming to Earth)
Burton's Batman 3
Cameron's Spider-Man
Superman Lives (it would have sucked, but i still would have wanted to see it)
Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash

And of course Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian...not really

I loved Raimi's Spider-Man, but I really would have loved to have seen Cameron's take on the character and material.

The Legend of Zelda

That would seriously be the most epic movie of all time.

Tim Burton's Superman, Live Action Batman Beyond, and Batman vs. Superman all would have been cool, too.

I loved Raimi's Spider-Man, but I really would have loved to have seen Cameron's take on the character and material.

You can find some of the Camron scripts online. I've found the "scriptment" with sandman and "Carlton Strand" who is basically a kingpin-esque villian with electro powers (which i didn't much care for), and a second draft with Doc Ock (which i did like).

And yes, Batman vs. Superman would have been awesome. With any luck they'll scrap the Justice league movie and give us that.

Wolfgang Petersen's Superman Vs. Batman

]You can find some of the Camron scripts online. I've found the "scriptment" with sandman and "Carlton Strand" who is basically a kingpin-esque villian with electro powers[/B] (which i didn't much care for), and a second draft with Doc Ock (which i did like).
I read the treatment with Strand in it, and good lord did I hate it.

While I wouldn't say best never made, I would have loved to see:

JJ Abram's Superman
Darren Aronofsky's Batman Year One
James Cameron's Spider-Man
David Goyer's Flash
Peter Jackson's Halo
Unbreakable 2

I would have liked to have seen the live-action Batman Beyond, personally. Heck, I might have even liked seeing Ilya Salkind's original concept for Supergirl (complete with Brainiac as the villain and an actual Reeve cameo minus the incest angle that would have been in :super:III) if WB hadn't wussed out on the franchise by that point.

Also, I would have probably enjoyed Jan DeBont's Godzilla - while it completely removes the nuclear metaphor, this Wiki synopsis still sounds more respectful to Toho's Godzilla than what we got:
In July 1994, well after the originally announced release date, TriStar tapped Jan de Bont to direct the film. de Bont confessed to liking the older Godzilla films, although he stated that many of the later ones with their monster free-for-alls were a bit silly. Although he intended to keep humor in the picture, de Bont also pledged to deliver stunning effects and preserve the indomitable spirit of the Japanese Godzilla. de Bont assembled a team and had Rossio and Elliott rework the script to make it more to his liking. The revised script was ready in December 1994. Godzilla was to look like his traditional Japanese counterpart with his Atomic Breath. Godzilla was created by an ancient Alien race to protect the Earth from a giant shape-shifting Alien monster, the Gryphon (originally planned to be King Ghidorah). The two behemoths finally met in New York City, taking out most of Manhattan in the fight.

Batman Triumphant

:up:

I kid, I kid. :o

What movies interest you, despite never being made, or remaining in development hell for years? For instance: Superman vs. Batman, Ghostbusters III, etc.

I'd like to hear of any good ones. For some reason, I like looking into this stuff...
'Batman Triumpant'

EDIT: Goddamn you, Warhammer. Got to it before it did:csad:

Daredevil 2
Some type of marvel ultimate alliance movie
Dr. Strange live action movie
Justice League live action movie

I will have my revenge!...:funny:

'Titanic 2: Return of DiCaprio!'
'Mindhunters II: KILMER BACK!'
'Another @#%$in' Uwe Boll Movie!'
'HULK 2: HULK DARKER!'
And, the one I want the most...
'FRANK "DUNCAN" GARRETT: THE PRANK-CALL KING!!!' - If you have no idea who Frank "Duncan" Garrett is... that a peek at this b@$tard:
PROFANITY WARNING!!!
[YT]7VBYBhT8e-E[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"