• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top 5 Movies You're GLAD Will Likely Never Happen

George Lucas should've done sequels in the first place. :o

Plus given Spielberg and Amblin's involvement, I can just see it probably follow the route of "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and give Marty a son to try and take up the mantle so that the series can continue without him...this son would most likely be played by Shia Labeouf (no, that's NOT an exaggeration...that's probably exactly who they'd get).

But they already gave Marty a son... Marty Jr. and they wouldn't be able to use him since he was also played Michael J. Fox. Either way, bad idea.

My list only has one in it so far. :/

-The Legend of Zelda. Some games are easy to adapt to film, others not so much. A Zelda movie falls into the latter category. It would be a lose-lose situation. If they want to make a good movie, then it wouldn't really be accurate to the games. If they want to make a faithful adaptation, then it would just be a straight up silly-ass movie. Anyone who thinks otherwise is totally delusional.

George W Bush and his sing along friends
Rosanne and Rosie O'donnell's Hawaiian adventure
American Godzilla 2
Peter Jackson's "King Kong Lives"
Joel Schumacher's 3rd Batman disaster

That movie is at the AFM, with James Wan. Sorry.

Hmmm... seems that you're right about this. But... Wan is a better director than Paul W.S. Anderson, so... maybe it could be good. Not sure though. The premise sounds faithful but that doesn't mean that they won't find some way to screw it up.

Still, it's better than Anderson's supposed premise of Kristanna Loken or whoever as a modern day Belmont tracking down Dracula (Jonathan Frakes). That would have been horrible.

Darren Aronofsky and Frank Miller's Batman: Year One:

They were going to change Batman to the point that he's unrecognizable, it deviates quite a lot from the original comic considering it's co-written by Frank Miller (the original writer of the comic) and it was much more violent than the original, very likely it would be rated R.

Miller also injected the psychopathic version of Batman that fights crime to just make himself feel better, not very heroic considering how heroic/optimistic Batman was in the original Batman: Year One comic.

I'm glad it didn't happen and we got the great Batman Begins (which took some of the best elements of the original Batman: Year One comic).

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinion_jett_yearonereview.html

Dragon Ball: Evolution 2

James Cameron's Spider-Man

Catwoman 2

George Miller's Justice League

Jack Black as the Green Lantern

Jack Black as Green Lantern was a bad idea. But to me Jack Black in any movie is. I'm glad for all the projects with him as an actor that won't be made.

[A];17690230 said:
I'm proud I didn't get that stupid reference.

LOL; same here.

Darren Aronofsky and Frank Miller's Batman: Year One:

They were going to change Batman to the point that he's unrecognizable, it deviates quite a lot from the original comic considering it's co-written by Frank Miller (the original writer of the comic) and it was much more violent than the original, very likely it would be rated R.

Miller also injected the psychopathic version of Batman that fights crime to just make himself feel better, not very heroic considering how heroic/optimistic Batman was in the original Batman: Year One comic.

I'm glad it didn't happen and we got the great Batman Begins (which took some of the best elements of the original Batman: Year One comic).

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinion_jett_yearonereview.html

Ugh... I just read that script review, and I agree it would have been terrible, at least as a Batman film. It sounds like they did okay with the Gordon stuff, but how the hell do they get so far off course with Batman?

Just more proof that Frank Miller no longer understands Batman and should never write another story about him again.

The Silmarillion
Tolkien's epic tale of the first age of Middle-Earth (The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings are set within the third age). It is written more like a historical document rather than a story, with hundreds of characters and many different stories taking place over millennia.
It is a brilliant and beautiful book but would be a mess of a film, due to the sheer amount of information, characters, locations and the style in which in the stories are told. Even if multiple films were made to try and cover as much information as possible it would still not work, as the filmmakers would have to turn each film into a narrative story which could not be done without compromising the massive amounts of information that the books style allows to be told.
Luckily the rights for a movie have not been sold yet and I don't think they will be any time soon.

Steel 2
Cool as Ice 2 your Mother
It's Pat, again!
Look who's talking and won't shut up
On even Deadlier Ground

John Woo's Metroid, he was attached to the project at one time right? He's in no way the right director for this, especially since there's no doves on Planet Zebes.

Zelda - It's just too big to be adapted, as much fun as exploring 8 dungeons is in the video game, it would be boring on screen.

Magneto spin-off movie - I guess this is still a possibility, but hopefully the backlash against Wolverine halted the progress

Spider-man 4 - Yeah, it's supposed still going to happen, but I doubt it, it's been over two years since Spider-man 3 and we still don't even have a script.

Anymore Fox Marvel movies - They don't have any more properties do they? I really want them to just give up, let all the properties revert back to Marvel/Disney. Marvel studio's is 2 for 2, Fox is what 2 for 20.

Dude you are dead wrong about SM4. It IS happening. Raimi did Drag Me To Hell in those two years and they have been working on a script for a year now. Do you seriously think Sony is not gonna greenlight their biggest moneymaking franchise. Just because they're taking longer doesn't mean it's not happening. And hell, did you ever think they just want to make a good film? I'd rather take my time with it, especially after SM3. And Raimi knows the game now, and doesn't want that. So they're taking more time. Fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"