The Winter Soldier Top Three Directors In The Running To Direct Sequel

Marvel is notoriously cheap.

Hopefully they aren't so stingy when it comes to Avengers and get Whedon back.

Marvel is notoriously cheap.

Hopefully they aren't so stingy when it comes to Avengers and get Whedon back.

They are, but hopefully with Disney at the head of the table they will help temper that label a little bit and Marvel won't shy away from getting the people they want regardless of price-tag(within reason I mean)

I hate garbage like that. I remember it was because Marvel was "cheap" was the reason Whedon got hired. Yeah we got such a cheap, underqualified director for Avengers.

Honestly being more frugal with budgets IMHO is something Hollywood should be doing more of these days when you see all the money that got wasted and lost on John Carter or cutting the budget of a project like THE LONE RANGER from $250 million to $215 million.

I'll take thrifty and quality films over spendy and Green Lantern any day.

^ Agreed with both of you.

Will you guts still support Marvel's penny pinching if salary disputes cause cast members and Whedon to ditch Avengers 2?

Will you guts still support Marvel's penny pinching if salary disputes cause cast members and Whedon to ditch Avengers 2?

Marvel has the contracts on their side with the actors already. So, it won't.

Didn't they have contracts with Terrance Howard and Ed Norton.

I would think so since they were laying the groundwork for Avengers since way back then.

Norton wasn't about money and Howard was already the highest paid actor in Iron Man. It's not Marvel's fault he decided to turn diva and make laughable and unrealistic demands.

The only thing MS has lowballed has been initial contracts, which tend to start out lowish to keep costs down but pay better as time goes on through multi-picture deals.

MessiahDecoy, at the end of the day these people are all full grown adults and they sign these deals of their own free volition. So I mean . . . if you don't like it, don't sign the deal.

This has worked out pretty well for Chris Evans considering before Cap he was falling into obscurity and Cap has pretty much revived and saved his career.

Oh. Were back in the 'Marvel Studios is cheap' mode? Really? I mean... honestly?
Haven't we talked about that last year already? Or two years ago? Or back when Terrence Howards was replaced?

I think Roger Donaldson would be an interesting pick for director of Cap2. He did Thirteen Days and The Recruit. Also did the Bank Job with Jason Statham, so he has some action stuff under his belt.

Oh. Were back in the 'Marvel Studios is cheap' mode? Really? I mean... honestly?
Haven't we talked about that last year already? Or two years ago? Or back when Terrence Howards was replaced?
I don't buy that "Marvel is cheap" reasoning either when people are replaced or they go for a slightly lesser-known actors/actresses. They go with whoever fits into what they are trying to do for each film.

I think Roger Donaldson would be an interesting pick for director of Cap2. He did Thirteen Days and The Recruit. Also did the Bank Job with Jason Statham, so he has some action stuff under his belt.
Don't forget Species ;) .

I dunno, I think the director should be American.

So we're supposed to pretend they're not cheap?

MessiahDecoy, what the industry needs right now is a little bit of cheap.

According to critics, Joss Whedon was the cheap choice. So what do you have to say to that?

MessiahDecoy, what the industry needs right now is a little bit of cheap.

According to critics, Joss Whedon was the cheap choice. So what do you have to say to that?

Whedon had more credentials than being cheap like being a comic book expert.

If he was hired mostly to save money then it is safe to say Marvel got lucky.

Luck won't help them in most cases.

If I had a dime for every internet poster who acted like he was an inside man...

Don't forget Species ;) .

I dunno, I think the director should be American.

I know he did Species, but 13 days was a political thriller, The recruit was about spies and all that, and bank job had statham which he was kickin' ass and takin names. All things it sounds like this Cap2 wants to include.

I get it's a Captain America movie, but I didn't know being an american was a prerequisite for director?

I don't care if the director's a Fungi from Yuggoth as long as it delivers a kick ass Cap movie.

I agree that Captain America should be played by an American but directed by an American is not exactly a prerequisite. You might be able to get a different perspective from an outsiders point of view than from someone closer to home, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"