Trailer has been rated, running time 2:25!?

Who's playing Cobra Commander...?

Listen, love the heck out of the first one, even if it does get a little loopy sometimes but the energy through out that bad boy is fun.

This one looks a bit more serious but still seems to be having fun. A shame about Rachel not making it back but everything else looks nice.

Snake Eyes looks fantastic.

Wait, where are the super suits? Those were the best part of the first movie! And no Marlon Wayans? Fail.

...Nah I'm just ****ing with you guys, that trailer looked surprisingly good. Cobra unfurling their banners on the White House looked cheesy in a good way and Snake Eyes' ninja battle on the side of the moment is the kind of over the top action that makes ninjas so awesome.

Also kind of surprised that they made it look like Tatum was taking a backseat to the Rock.

I'm impressed, it definitely looks better than the first one. Along with an improved cast, the script by Paul Wernick & Rhett Reese and better action than its predecessor, and we may be in for a treat.

Yeah everything worked about that trailer. STORM SHADOW, SNAKE EYES (no lips yesss), and JINX holy ****

...Nah I'm just ****ing with you guys, that trailer looked surprisingly good. Cobra unfurling their banners on the White House looked cheesy in a good way and Snake Eyes' ninja battle on the side of the moment is the kind of over the top action that makes ninjas so awesome.

I know what you mean. I laughed a bit, but I think it will still be fun to watch in the theatre. Plus did anyone get a Superman 2 vibe from that bit?

Also kind of surprised that they made it look like Tatum was taking a backseat to the Rock.

I barely noticed him in the trailer, so that's probably one of the reasons I don't have much complaints about it. Saying that though I'd have no grievance if they chose to have the Rock as the lead.

I liked the first one. I'm not that hyped for this one, except for Bruce Willis (who I am hoping is in more of the film than just a brief cameo). Reason? The budget just looks significantly reduced.

What do you guys think of Snake Eyes' new suit? I like it, though part of me was hoping his mask would be cloth-like. At least it isn't like the last one which still baffles me whenever I look at it.

http://screenrant.com/gi-joe-2-retaliation-trailer-kofi-143250/

GI-Joe-2-055.jpg

GI-Joe-2-111.jpg

GI-Joe-2-118.jpg

GI-Joe-2-119.jpg

GI-Joe-2-131.jpg

This looks awesome! A more serious tone, The Rock, Bruce Willis &, what appears to be, alot more Snake Eyes!

Selling the rock as a Joe leader over Tatum as a Joe leader seems more plausible.

Looks a helluva lot better than the first one. Guess Channing bites it early on. And I like how they imply that John McClane could be in this.

What do you guys think of Snake Eyes' new suit? I like it, though part of me was hoping his mask would be cloth-like. At least it isn't like the last one which still baffles me whenever I look at it.

Definitely an improvement. Though the thing is, weren't most people happy with his look when they first saw the promo pics for the first one? I noticed a lot of positive feedback for it. I think the problem is that it only looks good in those promo pics or when he's in shadow. They tried to emulate a certain look from the comics and in that kind of lighting it does look like they got it, but the facade crumbles when he's in a well lit shot and then it looks goofy.

Sad if it's true they kill off Duke. I'm a fan of the character, not Tatum

I liked the first one. I'm not that hyped for this one, except for Bruce Willis (who I am hoping is in more of the film than just a brief cameo). Reason? The budget just looks significantly reduced.

Yea, but considering it looks like the budget isn't wasted on ludicrous amounts of poor CGI, I'm fine with it. The first film is one of a very small number of films that were so bad I had to turn it off not 20 minutes in. This looks significantly better.

I'm looking forward to this. Starting to gain confidence in the director. The Rock holding that .50 cal cannon, now THAT'S Roadblock!! Also, really liked the remix of 7 Nation Army for the music.

It ironic considering the effects in the last movie were pretty terrible, it seemed Sommers didn't care some shots seemed like CGI cuts scenes. This looks a lot more polished and less cartoony.

Is it confirmed Scarlett, Destro and Baroness are out of this one?

Rachel Nichols(Scarlett) has already said she wasn't offered a role even though she wanted in.

Storm Shadow looks bad ass too. More like a white ninja than a guy with a white jacket with a white ski mask on (Gi Joe 1)

Is it confirmed Scarlett, Destro and Baroness are out of this one?

All but confirmed it would seem. I only miss Scarlett and Destro. We never got to actually see the real Destro until the end just like CC and I was disappointed with Scarlett in the first movie because some of the interviews for the first movie overplayed that they were going for the Scarlett/Snake Eyes relationship when in the movie they barely acknowledge on another, instead seem to suggest done in a thousand times before type of relationship between Wayan's character and Scarlett where the smart girl plays hard to get with the dickish hero character.

That and she was such an idiot in the first movie (though the whole thing was very badly written). Really couldn't stand the "I can't scientifically prove emotions exist, therefore I don't believe in them". One of the many times I just felt like there was a desk somewhere in the world that could do with my head hitting it.

And lets just not mention how badly written the Baroness origin was.

Hey, Sommers! The guy who directed the Justin Beiber movie has made a significantly better looking film than yours. You might want to get your **** together. :o

Definitely an improvement. Though the thing is, weren't most people happy with his look when they first saw the promo pics for the first one? I noticed a lot of positive feedback for it. I think the problem is that it only looks good in those promo pics or when he's in shadow. They tried to emulate a certain look from the comics and in that kind of lighting it does look like they got it, but the facade crumbles when he's in a well lit shot and then it looks goofy.

Yeah, I remember the reaction being positive which baffled me as well. His look was so simple, but they still found a way to screw it up. It's like they really didn't realize the "tone" part of things is just how a lot of people in comics look. He looked like a shirtless guy to me.

Nice trailer! I liked the first one too, but this one doesn't seem so 'fantastic', the tone looks a little bit more serious.
Bruce Willis has a cameo (again, like in Expendables) or his role is bigger than that?

And not one word of pro america propaganda from the internets.
Yo Jo.

I'm looking forward to this. Starting to gain confidence in the director. The Rock holding that .50 cal cannon, now THAT'S Roadblock!! Also, really liked the remix of 7 Nation Army for the music.

It's by Glitch Mob. I really love that remix, so hearing it in this trailer was a pleasant surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7e7tCn7Bk
[YT]-m7e7tCn7Bk[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"