Transformers Transformers crowd reports!!!!

My theater was packed....8PM showing.....the theater manager actually had to come in and make an announcement to let people know that because all the showings were sold out, there would be NO seat saving.....huge ovation because some people were holding like 5 and 6 seats.

Anyway, back on point....it literally got a standing ovation as soon as the credits hit, and I mean as soon as they hit. More than 3 quarters of the crowd stayed until the end of the credits. Aside from the kid behind me that just wouldn't shut up, it was a great experience....the crowd was really into everything

haha same here i about the mananger coming out when she said it was time to come in everyone started going crazy. and let me say OP WAS F****N GREAT!

Full theater. Laughs throughout the entire movie. Cheer and standing ovation at the end. Lots of cheers during parts of the film. People loved it. Heard a lot of people saying they were seeing it again.

Man, the theater was packed as hell, luckily we were able to sit all the way at the top. I have to say, this may very well be the best movie Michael Bay has ever made. By the time the movie ended, everyone was cheering

The place where I went to see it had 2 8pm showings, and my theater was 95% filled. Crowd was very, very reactive and responsive. Alot of "I gotta see that again".

Huge word of mouth. HUGE.

This movie is a summer masterpiece :)
For me theatre 100% full. Great reaction during the movie. A bit silence during the long and confusiong final battle, but applause at the end :)

This movie is indeed a masterpiece.:word:
Anyway, I went to the 8:00 showing. The theater was mostly full. Great reaction from the audience. When the end credits started, there was theater-wide applause. (Myself and my 9 friends included.)

In my short 31 years on this Earth, I have never had an experience like this. My friends and I got their about an hour early and the 8 o'clock showing was already sold out so we had to see the 8:30 showing, which was fine with me because by the time we got our tickets and got inside the line was already forming for the 8:30 showing. So we were within the first ten to get into the theater, and we got to sit right in the middle of the theater. We were seated about 45 minutes prior to the start of the movie. What I found really neat was the fact that I actually talked to a bunch of strangers and had really good conversation with them. The atmosphere was happy I guess you could say. As soon as the lights dimmed, you could hear a pin drop in the theater. What was really nice was that there were no commercials and no previews. I would imagine that would be because it was a speacial preview and all the movie previews will be in there starting today. The crowd really got into it. They laughed and clapped throughout the movie. I absolutely loved this movie. One of the biggest skeptics, which was one of my friends, came out of this movie with his jaw dropped. He said, They did it right. That is absolutely the first time that I have ever been a part of a theater crowd that actually stood up and gave a standing ovation at the end of the movie. Once again the experience alone was worth the price of admission. I am totally excited for my wife to go see it with me. This will definitely be an experience for her too.

The only time I ever saw this sort of reaction to a movie was Superman the Movie and Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Star Wars. But Superman the most as no one knew what Star Wars was about, but in Superman, people where cheering during the opening credits. The whole movie going experience seeing this reminded me of seeing STM in December 1978. The part where Superman did the loop de loop after saving Lois and then she faints got a standing ovation. That is the closest. Well, wait, also Jurrassic Park 1. The audience reaction also reminded me of that audience reaction too.

it wasn't sold out. i would say about 85% full

Mine was really full. Some guy was even smoking during the movie.

Damn pushed enter. Anyway movie was great crowd loved it and word of mouth will be huge.

The movie started at 12:50 instead of midnight, and it was hot in the theater cause the AC was on a timer. My crowd was a little mad

Auditium: Cine Capri 70x30 wide screen Dolby Digital
Capacity: 95% full at 8:00 pm show

I purposely went to last night show at this theatre because of the big screen and I figured that this would be a movie where the right crowd would make it a memorable experience. The excitement was reminiencent of the first Batman movie in 1989.

Considering you had a great mixture of Transformers fans and teenage girls who probably came to see Shia and Josh Dumeshel; the management at the theatre did an excellent job of ensuring that no ones viewing pleasure was compromised. I wish more theatre managers would address the crowd before certain features. However the Cine Capri auditorium is the exception where management before each feature informs the audience how special the auditiorum is and that they are available to make sure your visit is great. So having said that there were no phone disruptions, loud talkers or irritating teenage girls that have to leave the theatre in packs to go to the bathroom. Instead the crowd laughed at all the right spots, cheered in all the right spots (particularly when Bumble Bee turns into the 2009 Camaro).

I plan on seeing it again this weekend at the UA Galaxy in Dallas that has a
75x30 foot screen with excellent sound.

Overall, this movie did enough to satisfy the fans and was accessible enough with it's comedy and multi-ethnic cast to reach all audience.

Biggest laughs in my theater = [BLACKOUT]when Sam's mom gets all excited that he actually has a girl in his room[/BLACKOUT]

first off this was probably the best movie in the past 7 years and at the the end of the movie it was if the world was really saved everyone stood up cheered and clapped literally for about five minutes. i really felt at the end that the autobots saved the day:trans:

my theater was filled with a bunch of f'ing morons that were hootin and hollerin at the "hot" cars. it was stupid as hell why cant they just keep there thoughts that they like how the car looks to theirself. its not hard to keep your mouth shut during a movie. but other than that the people seemed to like it. i was in aww the entire movie because of how amazing it was

the boys pheromone levels indicate that the boy would like to mate with the female

my theater was filled with a bunch of f'ing morons that were hootin and hollerin at the "hot" cars. it was stupid as hell why cant they just keep there thoughts that they like how the car looks to theirself. its not hard to keep your mouth shut during a movie. but other than that the people seemed to like it. i was in aww the entire movie because of how amazing it was

That sucks. But that's what Bay wanted...to get these people to love those GMC vehicles.

the boys pheromone levels indicate that the boy would like to mate with the female

LOL! Great laughs from my audience for that one too.

I don't think the talking was a bad thing... it shows that the audience REALLY responds to a film. If the audience hates the film, they will either laugh at all the wrong places or they will moan about how they hate it or "here we go again."

Not the case with Transformers... I have never really experienced a film like this before and I can only imagine the 80s films such as JP, Back to the Future and the first Batman may have had this type of an experience.

The audience loved it and obviously loved it ALOT. The reaction was HUGE. Hell, I'm usually one that is able to restrain myself during movies, I never talk or really react with the crowd that much- here, I couldn't restrain myself. I think I said, "wow" a couple of times- not sure because there was a lot of loud reception all around me. But, I think this movie caused me for the first time seeing a movie to verbally respond... it was that kick ass!

The scene that did that was the first scene Optimus meets Sam. I had a massive fangasm during that scene and had to try to keep my excitement at bay because of that. Lol. And something interesting to note- I never watched the cartoon, I only played with the toys when I was younger and read and loved the screenplay. So, I can only imagine those who did watch the cartoon back in the day and how they responded to that scene.

Because, let me tell you- you don't need to be a die hard TF fanboy to get a fangasm during many moments in this film. I could, even though I wasn't old enough to see it in theaters, probably say JP would have had a similar reaction from the audience... there's just something very universal about the concept, whether you watched the cartoon or not. :up:

i remember wanting to tell the woman behind me to calm down. she was laughing at almost EVERYTHING.

There was a guy like that in my theater, don't know what his deal was though- maybe he was just really excited? I seriously don't know. I just know that the first time Blackout appeared he laughed a couple of times- not "that's funny" kind of laugh though, more of a "oh my fcking god! I can't believe I'm seeing this- this looks awesome!" type excited type laugh.

I actually liked at the end where
the mom and dad says something about how we should just trust the government and if their were any secrets they would tell us because we are Americans......oh and the President on the plane asking for ding-dongs was priceless!!

The response was fabulous ESPECIALLY to Optimus Prime AND Peter Cullen's lines. "one shall stand, one shall fall"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"