First Avenger Captain America Crowd Reports!!

My theater only went crazy at the last scene and the after credits scene. Those were the best parts of the film anyway.

I saw it at midnight last night. It was pretty full. Nobody clapped at the end, but people got excited when The Avengers teaser popped up. :D It seemed like everyone enjoyed the film though.

Last edited:
If you don't applaud during this movie, you hate America. Just sayin'.

My theater was crowded & over half of the people stayed for the Avengers trailer afterwards. There wasn't much reactions besides the laughs from the jokes in the movie, which is what I usually see when I go see a movie at the theater.

My theater was crowded & over half of the people stayed for the Avengers trailer afterwards. There wasn't much reactions besides the laughs from the jokes in the movie, which is what I usually see when I go see a movie at the theater.

Word is out because way more than half stayed for the after credits scene in the two showings I've seen.

A good Friday night crowds at one spot. 9:55 pm - a 558 seat auditorium 90% filled and a near sell out of a smaller 3D showing at one location.

Another location light 6:50 pm crowd in large auditorium, half filled at best.

When there was a false ending (like the ROTK ones), some guy applauded, then we heard another guy snapped "The movie's not over yet!" That got everyone laughing. :D

Also, when Nick Fury appeared, there was some noise of gasp or cheer in the audience.

I have to admit, I got a bit choked up during the radio scene between Steve and Peggy, even though I knew he was coming back. That scene was quite powerful emotionally.

Last edited:
I remember the ROTK endings Billy Crystal said it best when he said something like congrats to Peter Jackson for its 11 nominations..for its eleven endings.

I went to see Cap at the worst of my cities 8 movie theatres, and went to the 3:10 showing. It was a small theatre and it was prob about 60% full (I counted 39 people). Not bad because this theatre is in a retirement community and is EASILY the worst of the 8 theatres here. I looked in Harry Potter which played at the same time and I counted 33 people, for what that's worth...

When SLJ showed up some guy shouted "F*** YEAH!" And everyone was lauging and clapping. While I was some what offended as I had my kids with me, but it was kinda funny.

Opening night, packed theater, and great reactions from the audience. Everyone clapped at the credits and people went NUTS during the post-credits extra. :D

How nuts would people be if they suddenly put Hulkbuster armor vs the Hulk in the teaser?

How nuts would people be if they suddenly put Hulkbuster armor vs the Hulk in the teaser?

I feel like most people except die hard comic fans wouldnt know what it was

I caught the 10:00 AM showing and even then it was quite packed. I'd say the theater was about 90% full. It was a very active crowd, they laughed at a lot of the lines and funnier scenes and seemed to love the movie. In particular, one moment that got a huge reaction was,

when Chester said to Cap "I'm not kissing you!" (or whatever he said to that effect) before Cap jumps onto Red Skull's jet. That got quite a loud amount of laughter and there was even some clapping after that.

It was very nice overall to see the crowds having such a good time. Can't imagine what the later showings must be like.

My crowd was so into the movie (especially the middle aged lady next to me) that they laughed at all the jokes, and when Nick Fury made his appearance there was a lot of people applauding (me being one of them). The applause was even louder when Cap made his triumphant return with the rescued soldiers. My theater was packed and I think there were guys without tix sneaking in, because there were ticket holders who couldn't find a seat. I am hoping the #1 box office for Cap, as unlikely as it may be.

Last edited:
Almost every scene with Tommy Lee Jones in it got a big laugh

Same here. Tommy Lee Jones was practically the star of the show when I went. That was nice to see though.

I get the sense most people enjoyed it . Definately laughter in the right spots with the exception being Nick Fury. Just about everyone laughed at him appearing for some reason. Also 2/3 of the crowd stayed through the credits.

The reaction to the Spider-man teaser trailer was negative though. There was a wtf reaction basically. More along the lines of "why is someone else playing him" kinda talk

My theater was really crowded lots of old folks and i don't think anyone left their seats after the credits started to roll.

The reaction to the Spider-man teaser trailer was negative though. There was a wtf reaction basically. More along the lines of "why is someone else playing him" kinda talk
Ugh...Tell yo' theater folk to quiet down next time...

Ugh...Tell yo' theater folk to quiet down next time...

I live near a navy base so there was alot of immature soldiers. Lucky they settled down once the film started . Except one guy yelled "HOO-RAH"during the marvel logo at the start of the film and a few people told him to ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"