Transformers Transformers crowd reports!!!!

I'm not the biggest transformers fan, I watched the show when i was a kid though, but im not like some of you guys; im more into batman. But anyway, I went to go see it last night and I have to be honest, the spiderman 3 midnight showing crowd was bigger the transformers opening night showing crowd. But that didnt matter because transformers was better then spiderman 3.

I was troubled by the saleen mustang that they tried to make look like a police car. In real life theres no such thing as a saleen mustang police car.... that bothered me alot because im a car nut and i couldnt get it out of my head when I saw the car.

It has been a while since I have seen a movie where you could tell the whole audience was into it. I sometimes think audiences have gotten too cynical to truly enjoy these movies but that went out the window last night because my audience loved it.

I saw it at a theater near a college campus so most of the audience were guys my age range (31) that grew up on the cartoon and they loved it and clapped at the end.

Lots of oohhs and aahhs for Bumblebee's upgraded Camaro look.

Lots of laughs when Sam's mother spoke at the very end to the reporters

"your head seems so much larger on TV"

I'm not the biggest transformers fan, I watched the show when i was a kid though, but im not like some of you guys; im more into batman. But anyway, I went to go see it last night and I have to be honest, the spiderman 3 midnight showing crowd was bigger the transformers opening night showing crowd. But that didnt matter because transformers was better then spiderman 3.

I was troubled by the saleen mustang that they tried to make look like a police car. In real life theres no such thing as a saleen mustang police car.... that bothered me alot because im a car nut and i couldnt get it out of my head when I saw the car.

Well, if you want to go there, who the hell uses a GMC Topkick as a personal vehicle? And you never know if some states might get ideas from this movie and try and use a Saleen...they use vettes.

It has been a while since I have seen a movie where you could tell the whole audience was into it. I sometimes think audiences have gotten too cynical to truly enjoy these movies but that went out the window last night because my audience loved it.

Definitely dude.

I just went again and just as good as the first time through and although the audience didn't really go "yeah! Prime!" due to being for the most part general movie goers- they all loved it and it got applause at the end as well. I sometimes go to a movie two times and usually only one time the movie gets an applause at the end. This movie is 2 for 2 so far and counting.

I'm taking my Dad tomorrow night at 9:30 after work. I am also trying to convince my Mom to go see it... one thing hit me today, this isn't a superhero type movie as much as it is a Jurrassic Park/ Independence Day (I know that some people on here hated it, but that movie was HUGE during the 90s for a reason- I remember general audience reaction to it).

I am already planning on seeing this movie more times than I saw Spider-Man 3... I seriously can not get enough of it. This movie is phenomenal- definitely the Jurrassic Park of this decade, that's for sure.

But, as I was saying- crowd reaction generally remains the same. Hell, my sister who originally asked me to take her and then immediately beforehand went, "oh no, is this going to be a geeky guy movie?!" came out saying "awesome, amazing, best film I've ever seen!"

So, guys spread the word- get as many people to see the film as you possibly can and I have a feeling TF will more than dominate the box office. Just help spread the word and getting people to go and experiencing that "OMFG!" experience. :up:

And you never know if some states might get ideas from this movie and try and use a Saleen...they use vettes.

well in the 80s they made mustang police cars but right now the muscle car police car is the dodge charger version, so i dont know why they didnt just use that since its already a police car.

It doesnt matter that much though it still was a very good film. Pretty funny too.

Full theater. Laughs throughout the entire movie. Cheer and standing ovation at the end. Lots of cheers during parts of the film. People loved it. Heard a lot of people saying they were seeing it again.

Same way here at my theater.

We have a rich town here and I have seen them use mustangs and cameros as police cars there. It's a rich snooty town.

The best audience I've every been in. EVeryone was laughing and clapping and commentating on the trailers. During the movie everyone was clapping and laughing.
when Bumblebee got his new look the audience gave a standing ovation
it was the most I've ever seen an audience get into a movie, and was the most fun I've ever had at a theater.

Awsome enough for me. Agentpat is my fave Routh hater and I respect her word. WoooT!!! :woot:
hahaha.gif

LMFAO!!! I thought you were a fan of SR? I remember we had a really interesting volley of posts way back when, but I don't remember if that was before or after the film unspooled. Did something change? Or maybe my memory is shot (wouldn't surprise me.)

Anyhoo, it's nice to find a majority of like-minded fans. Michael Bay gets a lot of grief about his style and approach, but I find his films VERY entertaining. At least we know what to expect when we buy the tickets, and in some cases, may actually have are expectations exceeded. Such was the case (in my experience) with TF. :heart:

Crowd was in the 40-50% attendance range, but it was a small theater where that's considered normal. The bigger theater in my area was completely sold out all day.

The crowd really liked it, and the kids ate the movie up. They laughed and cheered during the whole thing.

My theatre was pretty full but not sold out, and people laughed at all the horribly unfunny jokes and cheered at the end of this piece of **** movie, so a piece of **** sequel will unfortunately follow rather than a sequel that will offer the much needed improvement.

My theatre was packed to the BRIM, and everyone was in great spirits. I went @ 8 p.m. on Monday. Lots of laughs, biit of sarrow from some people with the Bumblebee stuff ... and there was a HUGE section reserved for members of this Transformers website, and there was pops for everything refrencing the cartoon. The first "transformers noise", "OP speaks", etc. Lots of military applause too, one of my friends who joined us at the movie was ex-army and he was proud while watching. As well they should be. One of the best experiences I've ever had at a movie in terms of what was scene on film, and crowd interaction. The film got a huge ovation at the end.

Holy Shatner, I've never been in such a loud/active crowd. When it ended they cheered like their sports team had won the world championship. Really awesome crowd. SOLD OUT.
That sums up my experience in the theater 100%.

Ok i saw the film twice so i will post on how both crowds reacted.

First Crowd (premier)
-not that enthusiastic
-digged the comedy
-clapped at the end
- I saw some people being dissapointed with the final battle.
- overall ok crowd

Second Crowd (general public)
- This crowd made me have a better movie experience.
- after the Qatar attack i heard a few holy ****s lol
- Everyone loved the transformations and action. A lot of wows and ahhh
- Crowd loved the comedy.
- They loved the scene when BB scans the new camaro. They even applaud.
- Clapped during OP first transformation and when he says " i am Optimus Prime" :woot:
-Clapped at the end.
- One guy had his kids with him. And he and his wife were taking turns during the movie taking care of a crying kid outside. On one part the guy was so in to the movie he sat on the stairs of the theater lol.
- It has been a while since i've seen a crowd so into a movie.

Had the same experiences, but flipped around.

Going again tonight sometime from 9-10 PM. Think it might resemble the first (your second) viewing.

hahaha.gif

LMFAO!!! I thought you were a fan of SR? I remember we had a really interesting volley of posts way back when, but I don't remember if that was before or after the film unspooled. Did something change? Or maybe my memory is shot (wouldn't surprise me.)

Anyhoo, it's nice to find a majority of like-minded fans. Michael Bay gets a lot of grief about his style and approach, but I find his films VERY entertaining. At least we know what to expect when we buy the tickets, and in some cases, may actually have are expectations exceeded. Such was the case (in my experience) with TF. :heart:

I was a SR supporter...mostly trying to defend Routh against the detractors. But after watching the movie AND THEN watching Pirates 2 what that came out...I realized what a weak movie SR actually was. VERY disappointing.

But this movie is a very different scenario. They sort of overplayed the comedy...the action is great, when you can see it...and the character development for the Transformers is next to nil. But I can appreciate it as a start to a franchise and love it for what it is...a big fun movie. And you're right about the Bay thing...this is a drastic improvement of a movie on his part.

The crowd I was with skewed heavily asian (from the looks of it Asian-American). There were many cheers from the opening credits on. The loudest cheers when the Autobots were falling to Earth. Lots of cheers when Megs and Prime says their infamous lines to each other.

At the end, there was a smattering of applause. Nothing earth shattering. A couple of folks seemed to love it-- and they let it be known. But, there were lots of grumblings too. Most people just seemed happy that it was over.

Definately a better audience reaction than Spider-man 3... but nowhere near the stuff I saw, say in Batman 89 or Jurassic Park.

I hated when people were laughing out loud at moments in the movie that were not supposed to be funny. It totally takes me out of the movie and it makes me uncomfortable as I feel like I'm watching the movie with a bunch of idiots or something.

For example, people laughing out at the shot of the Transformers climbing on the Observatory. What the heck was so funny about that? I work at a movie theater too and I supervise the film and presentations, and my favorite movie right now is Transformers. Every single time I peek in to watch that scene, it gets laughs and chuckles. ARGH! It drives me crazy.

Another example is where Sam says, "No, NO!" Right before he gets up to run away after Barricade transforms and chases him. That gets a lot of laughs too and I don't know why!

-TNC

I hated when people were laughing out loud at moments in the movie that were not supposed to be funny. It totally takes me out of the movie and it makes me uncomfortable as I feel like I'm watching the movie with a bunch of idiots or something.

For example, people laughing out at the shot of the Transformers climbing on the Observatory. What the heck was so funny about that? I work at a movie theater too and I supervise the film and presentations, and my favorite movie right now is Transformers. Every single time I peek in to watch that scene, it gets laughs and chuckles. ARGH! It drives me crazy.

Another example is where Sam says, "No, NO!" Right before he gets up to run away after Barricade transforms and chases him. That gets a lot of laughs too and I don't know why!

-TNC

LOL the same thing happened to me yesterday.... The weird thing is that they laugh when megatron was attacking everyone in the sector 7 area...i mean literally laughing..

I went two times, 6th and 9th of July. Both times it was sold out, I was really suprised because the movie is now almost a week in theaters and still it gets sold out. I loved the audience yesterday. You could tell there were a lot of fans, when Blackout transformed and attacked everybody was cheering. When all the Autobots meet for the first time and with Optimus, everybody was screaming. Also with the first fight with Bumblebee and Barricade the audience went crazy. Finally some action". When Megatron said "You fail me again Starscream" everybody was like, YEP that's Starscream. Also the comedy worked really well, everybody was laughing. When the movie ended everbody was clapping very loud. I've never experienced this at a movie but it was GREAT! I love this movie!!!!!! :trans:

-TNC

Aren't you the pretentious one?Holy crap,go watch it by yourself bootlegged in a goddamn basement or something.It's a public theater,don't expect everyone to act according to your desires.

Saw it tonight for the third time,it only gets better.Seats were full a good half hour before the film started.People coming in 15 mins before and later had to really look for seats.People clapped during many parts,especially during Prime's opening lines and the Decepticon roll-call.Lots of laughs and chuckles which didn't bother me at all,human beings enjoying themselves in a positive matter is a good thing.If you're a cold hearted loner *****e,like I said,go watch a bootlegged copy at home.

Friends loved it,and even after 3 views,I still love this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"