First Avenger Captain America Crowd Reports!!

I would say my theater was a normal reaction. Nothing totally geek-a-zoid like standing ovations or anything, but cheers nonetheless. It was a fun experience.

I could not hear a thing during the Avengers teaser as everyone was going nuts.

Our crowd was great.

About 1/3 of the crowd started cheering for the Amazing Spider-Man trailer.

Paramount logo comes on, a round of applause.

Laughter at the funny moments, TLJ stole those, and gasps at the "Holy Crap" moments the biggest one was [BLACKOUT]towards the end when the Hydra guy gets chopped to bits by the propeller.[/BLACKOUT]

Small cheer for [BLACKOUT]Sam Jackson at the end[/BLACKOUT]

Most everyone stayed for the post credit "scene"

lol, when it said "CAPTAIN AMERICA WILL RETURN FOR THE AVENGERS", one guy yelled pretty loud, "I waited for that?"

The theater cheered when the Avengers trailer started, it erupted when the Avengers logo came on.

This is the sort of movie that really pleases the crowd. My midnight showing ate it up. Laughter, cheers, I think I even heard a girl cry when [blackout]Bucky died[/blackout]. Just a crazy, enjoyable experience, and I can't wait to see it again.

Oh, and the audience went NUTS when [blackout]Fury[/blackout] showed up, and for the Avengers teaser. Like, NUTS nuts.

My 2D theater was about 95% full if not sold out. There were 2 other screens showing 3D but I couldn't tell you how full those were. Noticed a lot of Cap related t-shirts and other Marvel ones as well. Also saw several people taking photos with a dude with a plastic Cap shield and children's mask. The crowd laughed and cheered when they had to and went crazy with the Avengers teaser, about 80% stayed to see it.

My theater looked to be at near capacity in 3D. Some laughs and a decent response throughout but I heard a lot of people calling it "patriotic garbage" on the way out and a guy called some other guy a philistine.

I saw the movie last night in my town, which is a smaller college town. The theatre was full of college aged kids, and the crowd was very enthusiastic. Cheered at the spiderman trailer, cheered every few seconds leading up to the start of the movie. During the movie, people cheered and clapped at all the right parts. End of the movie got a lot of clapping and cheering. I think only two people left after the movie. Everybody else waited for the Avengers teaser which got a huge reaction from the crowd.

My crowd the midnight showing did not sell out and there was very little applause. People did laugh at the jokes throughout though

Lets see how packed are the theaters today Friday:yay:.

Checking out crowds this afternoon at a few different theatres and I'm pleasantly surprised at what I'm seeing. Maybe it's the heat or the love of the character is greater than I originally thought but these matinee crowds are more than solid and far more than I expected. I'm going again tonight to see the Friday night crowd.

:yay:

Checking out crowds this afternoon at a few different theatres and I'm pleasantly surprised at what I'm seeing. Maybe it's the heat or the love of the character is greater than I originally thought but these matinee crowds are more than solid and far more than I expected. I'm going again tonight to see the Friday night crowd.

:yay:

Thanks !!.Waiting for your Friday night crowd report....:cwink:.

Saw the 2-D Midnight with a bunch of my friends (Was first in line! :woot:) and got awesome seats. And this was the best midnight movie crowd I've had since Scott Pilgrim.

People cheered when The Amazing Spider-Man trailer came on.

A good amount of the women "D'aaaaaw" at the grenade scene.

Every TLJ joke was pure gold.

When Stan Lee came on scree everyone erupted into cheering to the point where no one heard what he said.

Everyone went Holy **** with the propeller thing. Even I did. Didn't expect it.

When Nick Fury came on screen once again everyone erupted into cheering. Thank God there was a long enough pause before he said anything.

The majority of the people stayed for the After Credits scene though some of them still left. :/

But when the After Credits Scene started there was a hush. And as soon as the teaser started people got so excited and once it said "The Avengers" everyone just lost it. And I actually cheer. And I'm one of those people who condones cheering or clapping at movies.

It was a great time, I can't even begin to imagine the monster of a midnight showing The Avengers is going to be.

wow I wish I had been in such a reactive crowd.

One of the funniest lines in the movie:

"Can I have a volunteer?" "We already volunteered, that's how we got here!!"

Saddest line (girl behind me was crying):

"Just pick a slow one. I don't want to step on your fee-"

One of the funniest lines in the movie:

"Can I have a volunteer?" "We already volunteered, that's how we got here!!"

Saddest line (girl behind me was crying):

"Just pick a slow one. I don't want to step on your fee-"

Tell me about it. This is the MAIN reason why I place Caps above the rest of the Marvel Studios Movies. the end pulled on my heart strings like the others hadnt. The crowd was completely silent at the end. The avengers trailer cured that though haha.

Captain america is a true tragedy, it really hits home with the very last scene too, I was choked up. I know thats traditional caps, and thats his story, but the other heroes just dont have and I love it so much more.

Tell me about it. This is the MAIN reason why I place Caps above the rest of the Marvel Studios Movies. the end pulled on my heart strings like the others hadnt. The crowd was completely silent at the end. The avengers trailer cured that though haha.

Captain america is a true tragedy, it really hits home with the very last scene too, I was choked up. I know thats traditional caps, and thats his story, but the other heroes just dont have and I love it so much more.

I felt myself get really choked up during the radio scene before he crashed and I kept saying to myself "What the Hell? This is a Comic book movie."

and then when he said the last line of the film it tugged at them once again and there were a few moments of silence until people busted out into applause.

I'm seeing a showing tonight with some friends who couldn't make the midnight and I'm going to gauge audience reaction again because I remember my friend told me that a problem he had with Thor was that at our midnight every joke was gold and people loved it, but during other showings after that no one really laughed at anything so I hope more people than comic book fans love this movie as much as I do.

I had a good crowd. First I want to start out by saying when I stood in line, many people were seeing Caps and better yet, almost all of them were seeing it in 2D. Each time someone said they wanted to see the 2D showing of Caps one of the workers at the ticket booth would go "Are you sure you don't want to see it in 3D? Are you REALLY sure?" lmao

My crowd was really into it, laughed at many of the funny parts and shocked at certain moments like when the guy died in the propeller. But there was one old man sitting a seat away from me who could NOT stop laughing. Seriously, he laughed every two minutes at even the smallest things and would not stop. It was the type of person laughing who makes everyone around them laugh too LOL

I was really surprised at how many people stayed behind for the trailer, about 2/3 of the audience. The general movie goers have really gotten smart. Everyone loved it!

I saw it at 9:45 AM this morning. Still chewing on it and need to see it again(and again) but it's a good movie at least. Problem was that the damn theater had no air conditioning for some reason and the sound on the movie was suprisingly low so it was hard to clearly hear all the dialogue. But those aren't the movie's problems, they're the theater's.

I was suprised to see nearly a full house(200 seat theater) for such an early showing. And once the film was over there was quite a bit of applause....then even more once the after credits scene rolled out.

The theatre was jam packed with kids and families and everyone cheer loudly at the end with clapping also the crowd was ecstatic with the avengers teaser trailer .

The theatre was jam packed with kids and families and everyone cheer loudly at the end with clapping also the crowd was ecstatic with the avengers teaser trailer .

Same with mine. I think you're gonna find another divide between the critics and the audiences.

We had a very nice crowd at the midnight showing here in Dayton. It wasn't just comic fans, judging by the fact that the girls sitting next to me started looking up info on the Avengers during the credits and I had to tell them who Bruce Banner is. They also wouldn't shut up about how hot Chris Evans is, but as a heterosexual male, I found it kind of hard to disagree with them. Overall, the crowd responded very positively to the whole thing, and everyone I overheard seemed to really be looking forward to the Avengers.

My screening got a full house (probably a sell-out), with audience having to sit in the first five rows to watch the movie. They laughed at most of the jokes, particularly ones from Tommy Lee Jones (who got the best lines, I think). In the end, there were some scattered applauds (me included). Unfortunately, most of the audience left when the credits begin to roll, so they didn't get to see the Avengers trailer.

Just got back from seeing it. Really enjoyed the movies. Theater was about 90% full. Only about half stayed for the Post Credits and everyone erupted with a load roar when it was shown.

I wasn't even in the largest of theaters and most of it was full. Crowd had a great response. Everyone applauded at the end.

When it said, "Captain America Will Return for The Avengers" one guy in the back of the theater yelled, "Spoiler alert!" :funny:

Most people left for the after credit sequence, but there was still a good amount there. Everyone cheered. Just badassery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"