Crowd Reports!!!

Dave40

Civilian
Reaction score
Lets post here your crowd reports!: How full was your theater?, many showings sold out??,how was the audience´s reaction?. :yay::supes:

Last edited:
Malaysia - most weekend's seats 70-80% sold out on time slots 6pm-midnight.... lots available on afternoon shows... or, very late shows like 12:30am, or 1am

Philippines - full all throughout the day (yesterday). we had to cancel 4 reserved seats an hour before our scheduled time, but was surprised that they were immediately resold at midnight screening.

Boston - My friend and I showed up about an hour early and there was already a big line. By the time everyone got in there, the place was packed. However, my crowd reaction was mixed at best.
People laughed at weird spots that obviously weren't mean to be laughed at - a lot.
When it ended there was a short applause and then only a handful of people stuck around for the credits.

not sure how the crowd is going to be, but I know my theater is sold out, I pre-ordered my tickets on the 21st (of May) at 9am, went back at 11am and it was sold out lol so I'm guessing thats good....and its not like this is a small theater, its huge and they have 2 iMAX offerings (both sold out) where as most only have 1.

In England we don't applause films.

In England we don't applause films.

Indeed we don't. There are no actors or film makers present to receive the applause! Seems dumb to applaud. You applaud a concert or theatre production, not a screen!

I'll report back tonight :) CHRISTMAS MORNING! HAPPY MAN OF STEEL DAY !

All I can say is the group I'm going with Friday night got the last tickets for the 8:00 showing. Oh & it's on 6 screens.

from Facebook, movie line ups in the Philippines for Man Of Steel :D

abz5gI2W.jpg

Back fr a full cinema... some people tried to applause in the end.. but we dont have that culture.

JAKARTA, Indonesia (June 13, 9pm showing) - Cinema I wanted to book (Premiere Cinema) had only one seat left so I couldn't watch it (I was with my girlfriend). I watched it it a standard cinema, where it was around 95% full.

Hard to gauge the crowd reaction, but this was the most packed I've seen a crowd watch a film here in Indonesia.

just got back from picking up my pre-ordered tickets..........you know.....you pre-order these things to "AVOID!!" line ups........to use the damn machine I had to wait 25 mins in line, the machine ran out of paper, was about to switch to another machine....longer line up....went to the box office with my print out, had to wait in line again, was told its sold out....I argue that I already have it booked and paid for (while holding up the print out as proof).....nope its sold out.

Had to get the manager to come out, go over my paper work and then finally he gave me my tickets and said see you at 10pm.....I'll be there at 7 since I dont trust them lol

So thats what happened when I figured I'd swing by for 5 mins to get my tickets, ended up spending close to 2 hours and a half just to get them printed out :p ....thats the length of the damn movie I want to see lol

just got back from picking up my pre-ordered tickets..........you know.....you pre-order these things to "AVOID!!" line ups........to use the damn machine I had to wait 25 mins in line, the machine ran out of paper, was about to switch to another machine....longer line up....went to the box office with my print out, had to wait in line again, was told its sold out....I argue that I already have it booked and paid for (while holding up the print out as proof).....nope its sold out.

Had to get the manager to come out, go over my paper work and then finally he gave me my tickets and said see you at 10pm.....I'll be there at 7 since I dont trust them lol

So thats what happened when I figured I'd swing by for 5 mins to get my tickets, ended up spending close to 2 hours and a half just to get them printed out :p ....thats the length of the damn movie I want to see lol

LOL Dude, that is why you for the printable tickets on cineplex.com. So easy and hassle-free. Just print them off at home and avoid all lines.

Hi. I hated it myself (report on why later :p ), my theather was full (free screening), but most importantly, everyone else cheered and apparently loved the movie.

LOL Dude, that is why you for the printable tickets on cineplex.com. So easy and hassle-free. Just print them off at home and avoid all lines.

yeah....they made me print out a code that I have to either have scanned or punch into the machine and it prints out the tickets :S boo lol

Hi. I hated it myself (report on why later :p ), my theather was full (free screening), but most importantly, everyone else cheered and apparently loved the movie.

thats the part I care about :D, honestly I'm bummed anyone hates it or dislikes it, but thats something to be expected as you cannot make everyone happy.......but as long as the majority likes it then I'm happy lol

New guy here and been lurking for a while. I know where all dissappointed with the critics in RT but why beleive them? I know for sure that it shattered the box office in the Phillippines.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/man-steel-shatters-philippines-box-office-record-142031329.html

So it's probably not as great an accomplishment as turning back time to save the woman he loves, but Superman shattered box office records in the Philippines this week.
"Man of Steel," a rebooted version of the defender of truth, justice and the American way, easily navigated cultural barriers to rack up the equivalent of $1.7 million on 466 screens across the Southeast Asian country this week. Warner Bros. said that accounted for 90 percent of the box office market share.
It marks the biggest opening day ever for a movie in the Philippines.
The film opens in the United States on Friday. Some industry observers predict it will gross roughly $100 million over the weekend.
In other box office news, "This is the End" continued to out-perform projections, racking up $7.8 million domestically on its first full day of release. The apocalyptic comedy's distributor is revising its estimates upwards and now predicts the film will generate in the mid-$30 million range through the weekend.
The comedy follows A-list actors like Seth Rogen and James Franco as they try to survive the end of the world. It opened on Tuesday night.

So cheer up guys!

Hey guys for those of use going to see the midnight screening tonight and/or seeing it this weekend, let's take pictures of the lines in different cities. I'm curious to see what it will be like around the country. I'm thinking about turning on my voice recorder on my phone and putting it in my pocket during the movie. Just to hear the crowd reactions during the movie.

I'll take some pics tomorrow night KW! I would love to hear your crowd reactions!

WOW those are some long lines. Do you know those are from yesterday or today?

Facebook said it was early today and from my own experience from going to just get my tickets....those lines are nothing......I'm kinda scared at what its going to be like tonight when I go for the actual movie....I'm taking my 12 year old brother...he might get trampled :wow::wow: (he's a tiny little 12 year old who hates it when I call him that lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"