The Dark Knight Rises Best quote of the trilogy

I'm disappointed that

"Things are worse than EVURRR"

isn't on the list :huh:

I voted for the first one,

"If you make ourself more than just a man"... though

"Why do we fall" is recurring theme that's both epic in scope and applicability, but now I wish I had chosen "other", no.. not for falafel...

I think the most meaningful quote was during the ice fight \ training session with Ras where he says

Bruce: "The man had a gun.."
Ras: .. "would that stop you?"
Bruce: "I've had training"
Ras: "The training... is NOTHING..the WILL is EVERYTHING.... the will to act"

neer a treur word [set of words] was spoken.

you can apply this to just about every situation in the modern world.

Yeah that Ice fight scene is one of my favourites in Begins, the whole but about it not being Bruce's fault but his Fathers for his parents death, you can almost see Batman being "born" in that scene.

Ra's' "legend" quote best represents the ongoing theme of the trilogy, so I voted for that. "Why do we fall" really ties the films together though.

I was kinda surprised that Alfred's "Maybe we should all stop trying to outsmart the truth, and let it have its day!" quote wasn't an option. It really struck me for some reason. It might have fit a bit better if Bane's main motivation was to crush Gotham for the Dent lie that created the "false peace".

For my personal favorite quote though, it would probably be "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the Villain."

In the context of the films however, I think the best excuted is Gordon's speech at the end of TDK. The music, the imagrey, and the narration comes together perfectly to create the most moving part of the series, imo.

I like Batman's "truth isn't good enough" and Ra's classic "legend" quote. The entire "Will To Act" scene is a quotable too.

Those are my top three I would think.

I connect with the "why do we fall?" line the most. It applies to life in general, it's a simple but powerful reminder. Never give up, keep going and keep hope alive.

"Everyone. Everybody. I, uh... I wanna thank you all for coming here tonight and drinking all of my booze. No, really. Uh... There's a thing about being a Wayne that... you're never short of a few freeloaders, like yourselves, to fill up your mansion with, so, here's to you people. Thank you. I'm not finished. To all of you, uh, all you phonies, all of you two-faced friends, you sycophantic suck-ups who smile through your teeth at me, please leave me in peace. Please go. Stop smiling. It's not a joke. Please leave. The party's over. Get out."

"Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane."

Last edited:
Here's a couple more quotes that I liked from the series:

"It's not that simple. With the Joker it never is."

"I need 10 minutes with the scene before your men contaminate it."

I loved how they nailed the complete directness of Batman's approach towards things. Kudos to Bale for the perfect intonation too.

Also Gordon's quote in TDKR which I can't recall word for word where he tries to justify his part in the lie to Blake. Something about hoping that Blake has a friend like he had, someone who'll plunge their hands in to the dirt so that he could keep his clean.

Basically any time Gordon talks about Batman in this trilogy the dialogue is gold. :woot:

One day you may face such a moment of decision...and in that moment I hope you have a friend like I did, to plunge their hands into the filth, so that you can keep yours clean!

For me it was a tie between

"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough.......Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded" & "You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time!" After listening to them again and watching their respective scenes, I chose the truth/faith comment. I think it's a testament to the greatness of this trilogy to have so many great quotes and to see how many more really great ones are suggested.

"Everyone. Everybody. I, uh... I wanna thank you all for coming here tonight and drinking all of my booze. No, really. Uh... There's a thing about being a Wayne that... you're never short of a few freeloaders, like yourselves, to fill up your mansion with, so, here's to you people. Thank you. I'm not finished. To all of you, uh, all you phonies, all of you two-faced friends, you sycophantic suck-ups who smile through your teeth at me, please leave me in peace. Please go. Stop smiling. It's not a joke. Please leave. The party's over. Get out."

LMAO! nice...

but you should have added

"Amusing, but pointless...none of these people have long to live."

One day you may face such a moment of decision...and in that moment I hope you have a friend like I did, to plunge their hands into the filth, so that you can keep yours clean!

I like that quote, but honestly, it felt like he was channelling George Smiley.
It's little wonder that most people complained that that scene is where they had the most trouble understanding what Gordon was saying. Even Batman would have mouthed through that scene in a slightly more audible growl.

I think what really surprises and delights me the most is Christian Bale gets the biggest laugh in TDKR with "So that's what it feels like" Seen it with sold out shows over 7 times and that is the line with the biggest laughs every time.

ooooh here's one you all forgot....

"Justice is balance... you burned down my house, and left me for dead...Consider us even!"

that quote is boss!

Wuertz: Dent?! I thought you was dead!?

Two-Face: Half.

I like that quote, but honestly, it felt like he was channelling George Smiley.
It's little wonder that most people complained that that scene is where they had the most trouble understanding what Gordon was saying. Even Batman would have mouthed through that scene in a slightly more audible growl.

So that's what Gordon said? Yeah, I didn't get a lot of that either, but wow, that is a powerful quote.

So that's what Gordon said? Yeah, I didn't get a lot of that either, but wow, that is a powerful quote.

Yeah, it's pretty deep, that's obviously why e kicked up the drama on that read.
Second only to the speech he gave foley (and the lines from a tale of two cities)

Wuertz: Dent?! I thought you was dead!?

Two-Face: Half.

And the way Two-Face drinks from the shot glass, swallows, and then wipes off the alcohol that runs out of his hole-laced chin, then proceeds to put his hand on the table with his hand cocked on the gun.

Like.A.Boss.

Yeah, it's pretty deep, that's obviously why e kicked up the drama on that read.
Second only to the speech he gave foley (and the lines from a tale of two cities)

Gah, I really enjoyed the hell out of Rises. I don't know if I can wait until the box set comes out in December to see it again!

"it's sonar like a.."

"submarine Mr Wayne, submarine"

Love how Mr Fox gets him all the equipment and never mentions Batman, really well written and funny.

"Know your limits, Master Wayne"

Sums up the entire trilogy in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"