The Dark Knight Rises Best quote of the trilogy

From the script:

Blake: These men, locked up in Blackgate for eight years, denied parole under the Dent Act. Based on a lie.

Gordon: A lie to keep a city from burning to the ground. Gotham needed a hero, someone to believe in -

Blake: Not as much as it does now. But you betrayed everything you stood for.

Gordon: There’s a point. Far out there. When the structures fail you. When the rules aren’t weapons anymore, they’re shackles, letting the bad get ahead. Maybe one day you’ll have such a moment of crisis. And in that moment, I hope you have a friend like I did! To plunge their hands into the filth so you can keep yours clean!

Blake: Your hands look pretty filthy to me, Commissioner.

From the script:

Blake: These men, locked up in Blackgate for eight years, denied parole under the Dent Act. Based on a lie.

Gordon: A lie to keep a city from burning to the ground. Gotham needed a hero, someone to believe in -

Gordon: There’s a point. Far out there. When the structures fail you. When the rules aren’t weapons anymore, they’re shackles, letting the bad get ahead. Maybe one day you’ll have such a moment of crisis. And in that moment, I hope you have a friend like I did! To plunge their hands into the filth so you can keep yours clean!

I felt so sorry for Gordan at that moment. He was damned if he did and damned if he didnt.

Decent men in an indecent time, followed with Batman's response. After that? Bane's spiel about being molded by the darkness.

ICAMEHERETOSOPYOU.jpg

TDK:
"Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." --Alfred Pennyworth

From the script:

Ah, yes...I remember that scene. That's when I wanted to slap the **** out of Blake for not understand the circumstances in which Gordan was under when coming up with that lie.

Ah, yes...I remember that scene. That's when I wanted to slap the **** out of Blake for not understand the circumstances in which Gordan was under when coming up with that lie.

You missed the point Bro, Blake wasn't mad about the lie & the ending of TDK, he was upset about the 1000 inmates locked up in Blackgate without trial under the Dent act... Kind of like [don't kill me here] Guatanamo Bay & some [not all] folks [allegedly] wrongfully imprisoned without trial or charge because they are suspected of "questionable association" [not trying to derail the thread] that's wrong.

He said something like "you went against everything you stood for"

it wasn't about Batman, it was about the Dent act, and the consequences of the lie [everything that happened afterwards]

[imo]

He was right. And that's why Gordon wrote the "the truth about Harvey Dent" speech, and wanted to resign.

which is why Blake came back with the "Your hands look pretty filthy to me commissioner"
It was bugging the hell outta Gordon for those 8 years too. [supposedly]

Last edited:
I loved most of Joker and Banes lines. I don't think anyone could've delivered them better than Heath and Tom.

My favorites though:

Gordon: I never said thank you.
Batman: ...And you'll never have to.

And then...

Selina: You've given them everything.
Bruce: Not everything. Not yet.
(The delivery on this one was awesome from Christian Bale.)

The people of this city he is giving everything for, hated him for the past 8 years and he still stands up for them and ultimately, does give them 'everything.' And he didn't even ask for a thank you. All the other lines are really cool and delivered by great actors, but these ones make Batman stand out most to me as a symbol, and a TRUE hero.

Last edited:
"You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness...and I...won't kill you...because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

Now tell me, is this not the most perfect representation of the relationship between Batman and The Joker? It gave me chills the first time I heard it

"You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness...and I...won't kill you...because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

Now tell me, is this not the most perfect representation of the relationship between Batman and The Joker? It gave me chills the first time I heard it

Perfection:up:

Bane said:
Torture? yes, but not of the body. Of the soul. I will build you and gotham up with hope and then destroy you. Hope is really the key to torture.
Gotham will build to a point of joy and then be wiped from the map...
And then...when gotham is ashes... Then you have my permission to die.

Pure evil. Necessary Evil.

This one still seems pretty close, "Legends" is winning it, and I have to say it is my favourite, it perfectly describes Batman to me and also Nolan's films, its not just about him but that Batman is bigger than one film or trilogy, what his symbol and what he represents is the most important thing about the character.

Nolan knew he wouldn't make the films forever but knows Batman will live on strong after them so showed great respect to the character.

I like having someone around to open doors for me.

One quote to reflect the essence of the three movies as one story?

Easily

Ducard: "If you make yourself more than just a man ... if you devote yourself to an ideal ... and if they can't stop you ... you become something else entirely ... a LEGEND, Mr. Wayne."

"Anyone can be a hero..." the way they recall back to the scene where Gordon puts his jacket around Bruce made it so damn emotional for me.

I loved most of Joker and Banes lines. I don't think anyone could've delivered them better than Heath and Tom.

My favorites though:

Gordon: I never said thank you.
Batman: ...And you'll never have to.

And then...

Selina: You've given them everything.
Bruce: Not everything. Not yet.
(The delivery on this one was awesome from Christian Bale.)

The people of this city he is giving everything for, hated him for the past 8 years and he still stands up for them and ultimately, does give them 'everything.' And he didn't even ask for a thank you. All the other lines are really cool and delivered by great actors, but these ones make Batman stand out most to me as a symbol, and a TRUE hero.

You somehow quoted my two favourite dialogues from the trilogy! I absolutely agree with everything you've said. There are just so many cool lines in those movies, but I somehow always found those to be the most affecting.

The quote that summarizes the relationship between Ra's and Bruce, with the brilliant delivery by Neeson:
"You will never learn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"