Triplet...

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by tonytr1687, Jan 28, 2006.

1. KikiDee Registered

First off I just want to say that I absolutely love reading yours posts. They are usually extremely detailed, well-written and very insightful or at least entertaining.

I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, but from my pov it's all about the fantasy. I didn't have a problem with Lana not freaking out or at least showing some form of shock in the FOS. To me it would have felt unnatural and taken away from what was happening between the two. I love being wrapped in a story with the music and the emotion of the moment.

There's a lot of wonderful points in your post, but I decided after the first time I went to a movie that was translated from a book that I loved to let go. It's never going to be the same as what you've played in your head time and time again. This is somewhat along those lines.

I laugh at the things that really don't make sense and I revel in the things that elicit a response whether it be anger, grief or sheer pleasure.

It's easy for someone like myself to "fill in" the things that aren't really cohesive. So, for me, it was a roller coaster of pure emotion. I didn't stop to think. I just went for the ride. I'm just sorry it didn't give that to you.

Sometimes it's nice to be ignorant.[​IMG]

2. BaK Registered

oh common Pat..
    Lois - Lana thing can be explained in so many ways..
    don't be so - ''unimaginative''.. :) (and a lazy viewer too who needs everything shown/played/resolved)..

Lana could have been distracted even more then first time around
    by Clark's and hers new status (broke up) so she simply doesn't go there..

Things were not happaning the same 2nd time around, and for a good reason - Lex/Lana too..

3. avidreader Registered

You make some very valid points in your post Pat but I have to agree with Kiki's summation of it all. Let me get lost in the fantasy.

However, I will give you my thoughts on this scene. Lana didnt go to Lois's apartment in the second play because she had just had a fight with Clark and was likely not wanting to be in the company of anyone else. My guess is she went straight back to the dorm and Chloe met up with her there.

We dont know what time it was that Lana went there the first time, as we never got to see a clock, so it could have been late afternoon and the water on the floor was rising and spread throughout the whole room. It wasnt just about to spill over the sink. I'd have to watch it again to see why the toaster only decided at 11.00 to short out.

I cant get past this nagging feeling that Lana is going to somehow remember all of this via dreams or whatever.

4. avidreader Registered

Okay, I had to go over to DTS and see what they were saying about the episode and as you would expect most of the ones that hated it are the Clana fans. However, I think the majority were very favourable of the episode and understood what was actually happening.

I think there are only a few at Ksite that didnt like it, but they tend to speak louder than the ones that did.

5. tonytr1687 Registered

I have a feeling she'll find out for real in the season finale. As for Lana's reaction to Clark revealing his secret...you can chalk it up to her having had her share of suspicions for many years, as well as the fact that when you witness something like that your first reaction isn't freaking out but moreso shocked...and Lana was certainly shocked in the Fortress. But it was a silent state of shock. Remember how she just stood there in the loft with Lois, staring into space with that perplexed look on her face? Her reaction was realistic IMO. And we already know that there was some dialogue cut out of the opening scene so perhaps some of her other emotions in that scene were cut out.

6. avidreader Registered

I thought all of that Fortress Scene in the beginning was very whimsical, the music, the lighting. It was a great way to portray because effectively that scene never actually happened.

7. BaK Registered

I would more then love if they choose to go the path of her slowly getting to know what actually had (not) :) happened that day - in some ''magical'' way..

How exactly - that would be a challenge..

8. NHawk19 insert witty comment

Hey I'm right there with you. I love the show but SV just frustrates me to no end some days, and usually simple things can correct it.

This ep is what I expect week to week from the show, but it didn't deserve the level of hype it recieved. In terms of it being the 100th episode and all the hype it got this one should have been more. No silly time warps no gimmicks, just character driven plots that push the story of Clark Kent to new heights.

9. avidreader Registered

The way I see it. She'll keep working with Lex, and finding out more, he'll keep feeding her stories about Clark and how untrustworthy he is. And she may start connecting some dots in her subconcience, leading to dreams of the events that didnt happen. She wont tell him what she knows, but she'll start to feel resentment towards him pushing her towards Lex until she see's Lex's true colours and finally understanding why Clark never told her.

Next season will be all about her encouraging Clark more to fulfill his destiny. She has to play some part of this and not just in the last couple of episodes.

10. musclesforsupes Registered

11. GothicPowerMix1 Registered

A) Why would Lana blame Clark for her going to Lex ? That was Lanas choice.

B) I do hope Lana does find out eventually how Lex REALLY is then Lana can understand why Clark is the way he is towards Lex

C) If Lana finds out on her own I think she will be just even MORE ticked off at Clark then she already is & rightfully so

D) Hopefully once Lana sees Lex helping Zod, Braniac. the other 2 Kryptonians that will most likely give her a hint right there what kind of person is. I am sure Lana would not be thrilled that Lex is helping aliens that tried to kill her in the Premiere

12. avidreader Registered

I dont think she will. If you got that out of what I said, then I didnt mean for it to come off like that.

She has to, otherwise she will end up with Lex Luthor, and I dont think that happens in any continuity

That's what I was saying in my post, which is where the misunderstanding may have come as you said in your first point. However, I dont think rightfully so is what I would say. She has a lack of understanding what his motivations are so I can see why she would be ticked off.

Well Lana is terrified of the 2 kryptonians as it is now, so hopefully she will reach this conclusion.

13. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

*sigh*

:rolleyes:

14. musclesforsupes Registered

15. tonytr1687 Registered

I dont think Lex is going to know that hes helping Fine free an alien dictator. Fine will probably manipulate Lex into unknowingly helping him. I'm thinking Lana will slowly connect the dots and figure it all out, Lex will suspect this and Lana will start to see Lex's dark side come out. That first instance between them in Reckoning was foreshadowing.

16. Red King Littlefinger

Any idea when your Vengance review is going up trip?

17. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Well, probably sometime after I've written it... *sigh*

Getting over a pretty nasty cold so I haven't been in the reviewing kind of mood...

I hope to have it done before Tomb airs on Thursday.

18. Red King Littlefinger

Oh ok just wondering.

Hope you feel better.

19. BaK Registered

It's her choice, all right, but you can't just completely take out Clark's ''Spaceship..? what spaceship?'' attitude/handling of it as a cause for her making that kind of choice..

20. avidreader Registered

I watched Lockdown last night, and Lana said that she had only been working with Lex for two weeks on the spaceship.

They've been working together on it since Splinter, so she wasnt being totally honest either.

21. Red King Littlefinger

Is she ever?

22. Serene Registered

23. BaK Registered

I don't think it's been established anywhere precisely when did they start ''working'' on it together, so she could not have lied.
    But do correct me if I am lying..:)

24. tonytr1687 Registered

I dont think Lana specifically mentioned it was 2 weeks. She just said "me and Lex have been researching the spaceship for weeks."

25. avidreader Registered

Nope. She definitely said a couple of weeks, when she was talking to Clark in the Loft. A couple usually means two. And they became partners in the spaceship research in Splinter.

But I dont think she's usually in the habit of lying, she was just attempting to play the whole thing down so Clark wouldnt get upset.

WRONG!