The Official TIH Marketing Discussion Thread

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
The films not even 5 months away....wheres the trailer! Poster? Where is it all?

The teaserhas to be debuting with super bowl, i would think. Keep your eyes peeled!

Its a joke, it really is.

We dont know what the Hulk looks like. Well we do but still we should have at least a pic of him by now.

At least.

My friend thinks that maybe Marvel isn't THROWING it out constantly because Spider-Man 3 was so hyped up and then, for some reason, alot of people nit picked it apart.

Maybe they just don't want a CRAPLOAD of hype and stuff for Iron Man and Hulk. Then maybe towards the releases, it'll get a bit more.

If Dark Knight is a bad movie, people will be pissed. I personally think they're going way too far in their advertising.

We should have #1 an official teaser poster #2 a godamn teaser trailer, something, even if its like what The Dark Knight did at first just an image with music and dialogue..something, what are they waiting for the last minute?

Webhead how the bad place is The Dark Knight overdoing their promotion, one real trailer and 2 posters...wow that seems like a lot.

They have posters everywhere, they're throwing pictures and stuff online alot, two trailers (and don't they want two or three more?), a couple promo sites, MORE THAN 2 POSTERS (where are you getting just two from? At the top of my head I have like 4+ counted), and aren't they sending Joker cards in the mail? And things where your phone rings? I dunno. I'm not keeping up with all of it. It's too much.

I'd say the marketing right now is nearly non-existent...

I think we won't see anything until the CGI is completely done. Remember 2003? They released too soon and everyone started with the Shrek jokes.

More like the "Lack of Marketing" discussion. It's strange how TIH has no marketing strategy whatsoever, whereas the first one had too much marketing.

More like the "Lack of Marketing" discussion. It's strange how TIH has no marketing strategy whatsoever, whereas the first one had too much marketing.

Just because you don't see it yet, doesn't mean there is no strategy or that being "delayed" isn't part of it. Now whether it works or not..is another story. We'll have to wait and see.

I think we won't see anything until the CGI is completely done. Remember 2003? They released too soon and everyone started with the Shrek jokes.
i think this is the most common statement, and one that i still dont get. watch the superbowl trailer on you tube, then watch the same bits from the movie and i dare any one to say they are very different. the only bad thing about the superbowl trailer is it showed just how much the hulk modle changed in just about every scene he was in.
this close to the end of jan, no poster, no tralier and no toys in stores....i dont get that either. this needs hype, it needs to show the people that hated the first hulk that this one is what we all wanted to see.

Okay... I never post. I read the posts here on the site just about every day, but for the most part I really dont see a reason to post anything so I dont.

But I just cannot set back on this one.

I actually enjoyed the last Hulk, and was dissapointed that the majority of people that saw it didnt really care for it (my wife included), but I grew up a Hulk fan, and they could have had a guy running around in a green rubber suit, and I would have enjoyed it just because it was the Hulk on the big screen.

Now to the point of this lack of marketing... I just dont get it. In my opinion they are making a huge mistake by not showing anything. Everyone that didnt like the previous Hulk... In their mind they already plan on not giving this one a chance... So how would you get them into the theatres to see this "new" Hulk movie? By showing what a great cast they have put together for this one, and by atleast showing hints of what this new Hulk is going to look like. And I dont mean on websites like superherohype... I mean on TV, and in posters at theatres, and some kind of promotions in stores.

They have got to know that in order to change the minds of the people that didnt care for Ang's Hulk that they are going to have to show something, and with enough time for everyone to get it through their head that this isnt a sequal, but a "supposedly" different take on the Hulk story.

That would be like making Batman Begins only a couple of years after Batman Forever, and not doing any marketing for it. How many people would have really gave it a chance?

The super bowl trailer is a smart move.... but at this point... It really wasnt even a choice if they wanted to give this movie a chance.

Thats just my opinion

I'm starting to get pissed, Louis where is this god damn teaser!?

Your answer to all your questions...

The marketing is awaiting the VFX people to send back the finished product as we speak. As soon as that is done we will see a trailer/teaser and more footage/pics. Man, its good to be back!!!

Hmm I wonder when the VFX people will send the finished product..

Should be very soon..

Psst...I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: The Marketing isn't present because The VFX CREW IS NOT DONE WITH THE FX YET!!! Once the studio gets the FINISHED PRODUCT back, then we will have the posters and trailers/teasers! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS? They DO NOT, repeat... DO NOT have the VISUAL FX BACK YET!!! That is whats holding back the TIH marketing. The marketing plan is set and ready to go. I spoke to one of the execs three days ago.

Psst...I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: The Marketing isn't present because The VFX CREW IS NOT DONE WITH THE FX YET!!! Once the studio gets the FINISHED PRODUCT back, then we will have the posters and trailers/teasers! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS? They DO NOT, repeat... DO NOT have the VISUAL FX BACK YET!!! That is whats holding back the TIH marketing. The marketing plan is set and ready to go. I spoke to one of the execs three days ago.
woah settle down big guy! dont get kicked off again lol. ok, what your saying is fair enough, still does not excuse lack of hype or marketing. effects ready or not, surly a little teaser, like the first had, with no huge effects at all, could of been whipped up very early on. evryone can read what you have just written, but because its not the answer they want (myself included, this wait is killing me :csad: ), your still going to get posts about lack of marketing. i agree with ksshane 100%, it should of been moving long ago to get the bad taste out of the peoples mouths. i recently just wrote up a whole bunch of updates, and added all the pics i could on the one forum i frequent the most. no one commented on this movie since norton was re-writing the script. and the reaction i got was that the first movie was so bad they are betting this will bomb too. and im telling you, its a consensus most people have that saw hulk.

woah settle down big guy! dont get kicked off again lol. ok, what your saying is fair enough, still does not excuse lack of hype or marketing. effects ready or not, surly a little teaser, like the first had, with no huge effects at all, could of been whipped up very early on. evryone can read what you have just written, but because its not the answer they want (myself included, this wait is killing me :csad: ), your still going to get posts about lack of marketing. i agree with ksshane 100%, it should of been moving long ago to get the bad taste out of the peoples mouths. i recently just wrote up a whole bunch of updates, and added all the pics i could on the one forum i frequent the most. no one commented on this movie since norton was re-writing the script. and the reaction i got was that the first movie was so bad they are betting this will bomb too. and im telling you, its a consensus most people have that saw hulk.
Sorry about that...whew! almost blew a gasket, lol. I am getting as antsy as everyone else here. They are delaying my manips for this movie. I have work to do and I'm waiting for some stuff. Anyways, nice to be back. ( I won't be using any language to get booted again anyway, lol.) My weapons are my words. Later Hulk.

please stop it.
the CGI model is IMO already finished. lets say that a high quality hulk render takes 30 hours.
so 30 hours to render. you send it to a magazine or you make a poster. and voila.

its simple.

people need to stop acting like we will have to wait until the premiere to see the first CGI scenes.

well then the vfx crew is not good enough.

obviously. all will we defend everything from them ? :o

please stop it.
the CGI model is IMO already finished. lets say that a high quality hulk render takes 30 hours.
so 30 hours to render. you send it to a magazine or you make a poster. and voila.

its simple.

people need to stop acting like we will have to wait until the premiere to see the first CGI scenes.

True.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"