Tron: Uprising

Aww, man. I was enjoying this series so much more than the movie. It ending doesn't surprise me though.

Its nice it may return if Tron 3 is successful but I don't really seem to care since it'll probably be completely redone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This was such an awesome show. My kids and I will miss it tremendously. Why do all the good shows get cancelled.

But it's not just action. This show has flair like no other. It also have good writing, acting, awesome music, and of course off the hook visuals.

listened to the soundtrack today. pure awesome.

also, after watching that music video Kane52630 posted, it looks like paige turns against tesslar and helps beck/the renegade.

From IGN:
Tron: Uprising Producer - "We Need More Viewers"

Edward Kitsis talks about the struggling show, saying its fate has not been decided.

Eric Goldman said:
Edward Kitsis was at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour to promote his hit series -- with his partner Adam Horowitz -- Once Upon a Time this week. But when I spoke to him, I also asked about the status of Tron: Uprising, the animated series he and Horowitz are producers on.

Kitsis was very excited to talk about Tron: Uprising, exclaiming, “It’s so good!” when I first mentioned it. However, it’s no secret that the Disney XD series has struggled and recently reports spread that it was cancelled, after one of the show’s storyboard artists, Eric Canete, tweeted it was “sadly ending.”

Since then though, as news spread, sourcing Canete’s tweets, that the show was over, he’s tweeted more statements, saying things like, “Jeez. Before things get out of hand- I did NOT cancel TRON, NOR AM I LOOPED INTO ITS FUTURE AS A SERIES. There. Get off me, Disney Troopers” and “Speculator sites: My opinions are my own & not 100% corroborated. STOP REPOSTING & RUMORING AS IF WHT IM SAYING IS GOSPEL.”

When I spoke to Kitsis this week, he told me, “I don’t know what the future [of Tron: Uprising] is now. I know at the present, I can say we need more viewers. I’m so proud of that show and I love that show and anyone who watches it loves that show. The problem is, not enough people are watching it. And so I would love to sound the alarm, because I love the characters and the world and it’s really… It’s a shame that more people aren’t watching it, because I think they’re missing out.”

When it came to his love of the series, Kitsis added, “I’m not even being like, ‘It’s my show!’ Because Charlie Bean runs the day to day. Adam and I created it but Charlie and a great team of writers run the day to day and there are times when I’m just a fan."

When it came to those reports that Tron: Uprising already been canceled, Kitsis remarked, “At this point, I don’t believe its fate has been decided. So if people keep watching, then there’s still a chance. Please watch. Tell your friends!”

With the way it's scheduled to air, I don't see the point in even bringing up the idea of increased viewership.

It's fate not yet decided just seems to be a politically correct way of saying CANCELLED.

sucks this show got cancelled and ultimate spiderman still goes on

Yep. We can only wait and see if they make a new show whenever they get around to making Tron 3. The least I hope for now is that they look at Uprising in regards to how interesting and fun they can make Tron 3 to be.

INTERVIEW WITH TRON UPRISING'S LEAD VEHICLE DESIGNER, DANIEL SIMON

Interview by Jean-Eric Hénault

For those who haven't heard about it yet, Tron Uprising is one of the latest TV shows with the highest ranking by both critics and viewers on IMDB with an average score around 8 and 9. You should definitely check it out.

Daniel Simon is probably the most in-demand vehicle designer in the entertainment world right now. He's the one that designed the new vehicles in the breakthrough and visually stunning film Tron Legacy, also, the retro and yet so futuristic machines in Captain America, along with the hero ship in the upcoming Universal film Oblivion, featuring Tom Cruise. We predict this guy is just getting started, remember his name, you'll hear about him a lot more over the years. We thought it woud be inspiring to ask someone also very well established in the film industry, the guy who helped design some of the most successful and highest-grossing films of the past decade to introduce Daniel to us, his name is Ryan Church.

Daniel Simon Introduction by famed Ryan Church:

Ryan Church: I remember the first time I saw Daniel's work, he was pretty far along with his first book and many of the designs were very close to finished. Seeing those images was a very cinematic experience- I felt that I wasn't looking at illustrations so much as fully finished products that were real in every way except for being able to reach out and touch them. And they were great designs- likeable and fresh and instantly attractive. Fun stuff!! And that's the fun of much of Daniel's work, the viewer gets to experience and evaluate the design as a fully realized, 'real' piece of technology, nothing is left to the imagination. What I've noticed in my career is that concept art as a doctrine is on a pretty steady march towards the photoreal depiction of original designs and I consider Daniel and important pioneer in the history of this process.
http://danielsimon.com/hollywood/

INTERVIEW WITH TRON UPRISING'S ALBERTO MIELGO

A SERIES OF 3 INTERVIEWS WITH ALBERTO MIELGO, DANIEL SIMON AND CHARLIE BEAN ON THE BREAKTHROUGH ANIMATED SERIES, DISNEY'S TRON UPRISING. CHECK IT OUT!

An interview by Carlos Aguilar and Jean-Eric Hénault

We get on the grid with 3 exciting interviews with the team behind Disney's spectacular new TV series called Tron Uprising. We begin with this interview with the show's art director, Alberto Mielgo who has the chance to work with an amazing crew of equaly talented artists.

In the next few days, we will also feature an interview with Daniel Simon, lead vehicle designer on the show along with Charlie Bean, Executive Producer/Director on Tron.
What is the creative process and involvement as an Art Director, Production Designer on Tron Uprising. What is your role on the production process?

My first duty was to create the universe where everything is happening and also colorize everything on it. This includes not only the environments and the cities,but it also includes the treatment and colors for characters, and to make sure they work within this world. I also have to make sure that the vehicles are part of the same world. All the elements have to mix properly.

After a really long time designing every single piece and deciding about the look and treatment of every object, I go through a very important creative process, which is the colorist script. The colorist script is a very important element in this TV series because every sequence on the show is being art directed in terms of lights and color. I find that the most important aspect of this creative process is the colorist script. That’s where I decide about colors and then with Charlie we think about if a scene needs more attention into certain areas. It’s all about colors and lightning. What I usually do is a very detailed painting, which is like an example of how the final image is going to be.

Anyone see the last episode and saw this?

w9FkU.jpg

Anyone see the last episode and saw this?

w9FkU.jpg

Cool. I didn't even notice it.

Another great episode. Loved the look on Pavel's face when he got a little bit more crazy at the start of the episode.

Was always intrigue by Paige at the start and I'm enjoying her more and more.

Yeah if you noticed in Legacy, they used their Tron 2 logo as a easter egg. It just seems less than a coincidence they did it again in the show for Tron 3.

NEKSF.jpg

I wish there was more of a sign this show will continue past this season.

I just found out that Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad) voiced Cyrus in "Scars, Part 2" (in the flashback when he saves Tron) and in "The Stranger"! :wow:

I swear, his voice and "mannerisms" as Cyrus sound so completely different to the way I'm used to hearing him as Jesse. Someone could tell me they were two different actors and I would probably believe them. And I'm really good at picking out voices! He was that good.

He seriously needs to get a career in voice acting after Breaking Bad.

I just found out that Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad) voiced Cyrus in "Scars, Part 2" (in the flashback when he saves Tron) and in "The Stranger"! :wow:

I swear, his voice and "mannerisms" as Cyrus sound so completely different to the way I'm used to hearing him as Jesse. Someone could tell me they were two different actors and I would probably believe them. And I'm really good at picking out voices! He was that good.

He seriously needs to get a career in voice acting after Breaking Bad.

Didn't realize those were the same guy. I guess it makes sense that Tron would trust him to be the first Renegade due to his actions.

sucks this show got cancelled and ultimate spiderman still goes on
Meh the show was good, not great. Music was the best thing about it. Animation was hit and miss and at times choppy.

Tron training a new Tron makes no sense to me. I don't think they lined the plot up with Legacy very well.

Ultimate Spider-Man is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"