Turn that $%&# rap off!

When will white people accept the fact that rap music is here to stay and that it is not a fad? Ive never seen so much out right hatred for a genre of music like I have seen for rap. Some even have bumper stickers saying how much they hate it. Am I the only one that thinks that is insane?

When will white people accept the fact that rap music is here to stay and that it is not a fad? Ive never seen so much out right hatred for a genre of music like I have seen for rap. Some even have bumper stickers saying how much they hate it. Am I the only one that thinks that is insane?

When it comes to 99% of radio hip hop, that hatred is justifiable. But when that hatred is placed upon the entire rap genre as a whole (without considering the artists out there who deliver some of the finest lyricism of our day), then I tend to define that as just plain ignorance.

Oh **** better stop listening to MF Doom, I'm white. :whatever:

....and rap fans need to stop getting bent out of shape when someone dislikes their music tastes. I can't tell you how many people(black and white) b^tch me out because I refuse like rap...even though I never say a aword about my dislike for it other than "nah, I'm more of a rock/metal fan myself"

I'll admit there are a lot of of jackass rap haters but you just generalized all whites(funny though because whites are responsible for majority of rap album sales) as a whole simply because of a few dumbasses.

....and rap fans need to stop getting bent out of shape when someone dislikes their music tastes. I can't tell you how many people(black and white) b^tch me out because I refuse like rap...even though I never say a aword about my dislike for it other than "nah, I'm more of a rock/metal fan myself"

I'll admit there are a lot of of jackass rap haters but you just generalized all whites(funny though because whites are responsible for majority of rap album sales) as a whole simply because of a few dumbasses.

See, people that just have different tastes don't bother me at all. Like I said earlier, that's what makes us different and interesting. We are not all the same nor will we all share the same tastes, ideal/ideals, morals or values. What an incredibly boring world that would be.

It's the people that say rap sucks or it's not music that bother me.

See, people that just have different tastes don't bother me at all. Like I said earlier, that's what makes us different and interesting. We are not all the same nor will we all share the same tastes, ideal/ideals, morals or values. What an incredibly boring world that would be.

It's the people that say rap sucks or it's not music that bother me.

As long as they don't try and shove it down my throat I'm fine with other people's taste I'll even let them listen to it in my car as long as they keep it as a decent volume(like I keep my music)

...and there's always a group of people who think their music is superior and I hate anyone who says "that sucks" and thinks their opinion is fact...it annoys the piss out of me. When you say something sucks you better be talking about a vaccum cleaner or a hooker other wise it's just an opinion.

As long as they don't try and shove it down my throat I'm fine with other people's taste I'll even let them listen to it in my car as long as they keep it as a decent volume(like I keep my music)

...and there's always a group of people who think their music is superior and I hate anyone who says "that sucks" and thinks their opinion is fact...it annoys the piss out of me. When you say something sucks you better be talking about a vaccum cleaner or a hooker other wise it's just an opinion.

Word :up:

Everyone here at the office has the ability to play music via their pc, laptop, ipod stereo, or whatever, and for the most part it's always within earshot. Employees play everything from country to rock to jazz, etc. I prefer to listen to hip hop during my stints here, and while it's not annoyingly loud, it can be within earshot, same as everyone else's music. The stuff I play just sounds "hardcore", but isn't extremely explicit stuff. One of the dudes near my cubicle actually comes over and says, "I'm not trying to be a dick, man, but could you play something else other than rap? I'm not really a fan of it, you know?" i'm like, everybody else plays rock and whatever else all the time and you're telling me that doesn't distract you, huh? He says nothing, but just repeats, "I'm just not really into rap stuff, man." So I say, when other people cut out the country and rock, I'll turn mine off. I try to be cool with people and refrain from having enemies, but some just seem adamant on walking into that territory. :o

play this song everyday for a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA_xXWSXyFI

Rap sucks anyway. :o

;)

Really now, the other guy is in the wrong, no matter how much I hate rap.
And I do think it sucks and I don't consider it music at all, sorry.

Rap sucks anyway. :o

;)

Really now, the other guy is in the wrong, no matter how much I hate rap.
And I do think it sucks and I don't consider it music at all, sorry.

I don't understand people like you. I'm not trying to convince you so there is no need to reply. People once said that rock wasn't music either.

rap is definitely music. It doesn't require one of those musical scales, diatonic or whatever it's called, but if that nsync and britney spears is music, the best rap I've ever heard is definitely music. That biggie smalls was a poet. And tupac too. Eminem's stuff is great, except for his edgy hardcore crap. Like all music there's a lot of bad stuff mounding up under some great stuff, isn't there.

That guy's dumb. Everybody needs to drop down and get their eagle on every once in awhile.:o

I honestly don't think people understand the complexities of legimitate hip hop production.

If you've ever listened to Timbaland or Just Blaze or someone like that explain the process that goes into making a single instrumental, you'd be pretty surprised as to how difficult and genuinely elaborate it can be.

This is why I'm hot.

This is why I'm hot.

This is why.

This is why.

This is why I'm hot.

I am hot because I am fly.

You are not because you are not.

Break yourself foo.

lmao i hate that song but its catchy:( at least meatbag listens to some rap. right?

Rap fans dont get bent out of shape, we just think it's insane. Have you ever seen a bumper sticker showing dislike against rock or techno? A majority of the white fans who buy rap have ****ty taste so I dont take their opinion into consideration. Eminem has been a blessing and a curse for rap. He brought it into the mainstream, but he is also responsible for alot of the gimmicks as well. I just dont understand how someone could say rap isnt music, and then go and listen to the same old sappy emo love ballad for the hundreth time. It's just weird:huh:

IMO, the robotic, cookie cutter southern/crunk rap movement is just as repetitive and unappealing as the emo/everyone's-in-a-f***in'-band-nowadays movement.

But at the same time, I love both rap and different types of rock (from Deftones to Red Hot Chili Peppers).

I don't listen to all that pop/rap stuff focusing on the latest dance craze or how that girl at the strip club can pop it, I listen to more of the, I don't wanna say underground for fear of sounding like those backpackers I hate, but more independent, I guess. It's still gritty, but not sexually explicit type stuff.

can't say anything... cause I understand both your positions....

I hate rap music... but, you can't exclude people either in that situation... all or nothing....

I honestly don't think people understand the complexities of legimitate hip hop production.

If you've ever listened to Timbaland or Just Blaze or someone like that explain the process that goes into making a single instrumental, you'd be pretty surprised as to how difficult and genuinely elaborate it can be.

Aside from them, there are groups like The Roots, J5 (Jurassic 5) and Atmosphere that utilize live instruments into creating their music. You know, Drums, Bass Guitar, Saxaphone etc.

As far as I know, people that say Rap isn't real music are contradicting themselves when they say that. That or have they have their head shoved so far up their ass while sitting on their high horse that they can no longer tell their **** stinks as well.

Not to mention that the practice and art of Djing alone is music. As Cmill said, Rap is music and it's production is far more complicated than people give it credit for. People think that Rapping isn't music for whatever god aweful reason. Is usually on based on the fact that they don't like it and have no actual facts to base this opinion on.

Maybe because instead of singing like a whitney houston, marvin gaye or celine dione and just rhyming/rapping is why people think rap is not music. The ability to take words and their prefix's/suffix's as well as being able to control cadence and keeping a rhythmic count of the syllables used is far more difficult than you think or know.

If rapping is so easy give it a try. I doubt you will sound much better than this guy. Of course you won't be as funny either.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JlRmg6s2e8k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"