Two Weeks in a Row of Box Office Surprises!

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Last weekend everyone was shocked to hear that Forbidden Kingdom was #1 at the box office. It was expected that Forgetting Sarah Marshall would be the winner. Now, this weekend Baby Mama is #1 with 18 million. It was thought that Harold & Kumar with their HUGE following would dominate.

Whats going on?

And what should we expect this summer season? I mean...it does start on Thursday at 8pm with Iron Man,

I'm disappointed in the box office results, myself. America chose to watch Prom Night over Street Kings. Come on! Maybe it's because the movies that were #1 are PG-13 and have a wider audience compared to rated R movies. Or maybe America is getting dumber (afterall, Meet the Spartans was #1 a couple months ago).

As for the summer, I think the majority of the blockbuster movies that everyone is dying to see will be #1 (i.e., Iron Man, Indiana Jones, The Dark Knight).

Street Kings looked like another Training Day wannabe. Forbidden Kingdom had Jackie Chan and Jet Li (which is a BIG deal) but there was so much hype for Sarah Marshall. And Baby Mama being #1 this weekend. Now that really surprises me. I guess you can't under-estimate the female audience. Watch Sex and the City be HUGE.

Alot of people are underestimating Sex and the City. That has a HUGE female fanbase who will go out in droves to see the movie.

Oh yeah. Sex and The City will be huge. There will be so many women in the theaters watching that movie at the same time, that they will get on the same cycle (thus, causing plumbing problems all over the world) lol

If Baby Mama beat Harold & Kumar I won't be surprised if Sex and the City ends up as one of the top 10 grossing movies of 2008.

still think sex and the city is coming out the wrong month, but we'll see how is plays.

very pleased with harold and kumar's number.

Oh my, what could this hold for the future, TDK opening at #2?!?!?!?!?!

still think sex and the city is coming out the wrong month, but we'll see how is plays.

There's a lot of guy movies in May. Its a good counter movie. I mean...lets not forget that Prada pretty much stole half the audience from Superman Returns.

Frankly, I'm surprised Harold and Kumar wasn't a bigger hit. Most of the shows I went to were sold out.

There's a lot of guy movies in May. Its a good counter movie. I mean...lets not forget that Prada pretty much stole half the audience from Superman Returns.

Didn't Pirates 2 come out around the same time also? SR sunk because of that as well, I think.

Congratulations to Tina Fey, wonderfully talented and hilarious.

I knew Baby Mama's was gonna win. I told it weeks in advance. Same goes for last week.

Either two things are happening. People would rathr watch PG-13 movies cause they think they look better or The kids are buying the tickets to the PG-13 movies and sneaking into the R rated movies.

I'm disappointed in the box office results, myself. America chose to watch Prom Night over Street Kings. Come on! Maybe it's because the movies that were #1 are PG-13 and have a wider audience compared to rated R movies. Or maybe America is getting dumber (afterall, Meet the Spartans was #1 a couple months ago).

As for the summer, I think the majority of the blockbuster movies that everyone is dying to see will be #1 (i.e., Iron Man, Indiana Jones, The Dark Knight).
I think that's the answer right there. Water down everything and everyone will be fine and dandy.

Oh yeah. Sex and The City will be huge. There will be so many women in the theaters watching that movie at the same time, that they will get on the same cycle (thus, causing plumbing problems all over the world) lol

Oh dear lord I hope not. :wow:

I can tell you I had no interest in Street Kings or Forbidden Kingdom. I am looking forward to Baby's Mama, Harold & Kumar and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I just haven't gone yet. :csad:

I'm not super excited about Sex and the City, but I do want to see it. I still watch the reruns, love the show.

America just keeps choosing the dumb movies. It wouldn't be fair to say that it's because they're PG-13 though because I'm sure there are some decent PG-13 movies out there. But the ones that America goes to see are the stupid PG-13 movies. Can't really say anything about Baby Mama, though. For all I know, it could be a smart comedy. Haven't see it yet.

the show tells people its okay to be a **** and sleep with as many people right? I've never seen the show but that's the impression I got from it.

America just keeps choosing the dumb movies. It wouldn't be fair to say that it's because they're PG-13 though because I'm sure there are some decent PG-13 movies out there. But the ones that America goes to see are the stupid PG-13 movies. Can't really say anything about Baby Mama, though. For all I know, it could be a smart comedy. Haven't see it yet.
I just see it as a knocked up rip off. It's from the same studio universal and they thought its chick it up for the women. guarantee hit. Woooooooooo!

My reaction.:csad:

the show tells people its okay to be a **** and sleep with as many people right? I've never seen the show but that's the impression I got from it.

I think it glamourizes the life of a single woman in new york city. I don't think there are women who are actually like the characters on the show (I could be wrong though). I'm also annoyed at those stupid quizes in magazines that tells you what character you are. "Are you a Samantha or a Carrie?"

I think it glamourizes the life of a single woman in new york city. I don't think there are women who are actually like the characters on the show (I could be wrong though). I'm also annoyed at those stupid quizes in magazines that tells you what character you are. "Are you a Samantha or a Carrie?"
Well they actually have shirts that say "I'm a Samantha" or I'm a Carrie" same with the other two i don't know.

Then on one show the host was like if you buy all fout shirts you get a fifth that says "I'm a Idiot"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"