Ultimate Dr Doom

It was difficult to tell what was leather or cloth and what might have been disintegrating skin. The fact that he has hooves has to mean something. It can't be just some demon thing, because that's too easy. And, like FSM said, why would he replace human legs, metal or not, with damn horse legs? There's absolutely no reason for it.

As for the skin, I'm gonna have to say that some part of his body turned to metal, and there was dead skin starting to dry up and peel off of him with no moisture, or need.

Is UFF different from normal? Reed's power being water-based seems like a bit of a stre- *Suppresses horriffic pun.*

anyone got a pic you can post, it would be greatly appreciated

Here is a picture of Doom (I still want to see the legs, though):
ultimateff12.jpg

I never read FF, but the Air and water etc thing was quite clever.

Also I didnt know Man-Thing was involved in the explosion, or whatever it was. It looked like there was only 5 humans and that it :confused:

After the accident, DOom's skin started peeling off and underneath was metal. His body now resembles a suit of armor.

Couldnt his legs take being metal then, surely he didnt purposely replace them with horse legs?

Originally posted by Gamestar2004
I never read FF, but the Air and water etc thing was quite clever.

Also I didnt know Man-Thing was involved in the explosion, or whatever it was. It looked like there was only 5 humans and that it :confused:

In issue 7, page 4, middle panel to be exact (I had to look it up or I would've gone crazy), there is a picture of Reed and Sue, below them are Johnny and Ben, and then Man-Thing (who looks like Cthulthu) and Victor.

On a side note, before UFF came out, I wrote a rough script for what I wanted to see, and the whole elements thing played heavily into it I'm going to have to find and post it. It borrowed a little from the Mangaverse, meaning that Johnny was a girl, but the first villain/ally was Namor, not Moleman or Doom. I'm glad that they figured out an origin that avoided space, considering mine just barely did.

But still, what the hell was Man-Thing doing there? He's very cool and all that, but... wtf?! Does he come from the Negative Zone? Is he an interdimensional traveller? Was someone else transformed during the accident? Nice cameo, but unless they bring him back later on and explain why he was there and how he shares his origin with the Fantastic Four, it shall forever remain a rare WTF moment.

Well I read issue 1-4 again. The dog was there, so it could be ;)

For the most part I was enjoying the UFF until they began concentrating on Doc Doom. Personally, the character has comepletely lost the essance of what made him unique. Not to mention the most impressive and intimadating villain in any comic universe. Doom's a brilliant, ego driven, self righteous man. His lack of true superpowers (other than sorcerous abilities) added to his entire mystique. His genius level IQ and his indomitable willpower were more than enough to make him the match of any character in comics. And most everything they seem to be doing with him in UFF is a huge reversal of what made the character so great.

Although I do like this Ultimate Doom, before Doom was introduced in UFF, I thought it would sort of play out like this: Ben Grimm gets super-strength and a rock-hard body, Sue receives invisibilty and shielding, Reed receives flexibilty and elasticity, Johnny gets the abilty to turn to flame, and Van Damme receives a mutilated body. It would be more dramatic that way, I think.

Now his transformation to metal makes me think of the Thing's transformation to rock.

Ultimate Doom... what words could I use to describe this...?

How about;
Craptastic! Craptacular! The ruination of the best concieved character in comics!
Of course, looking at my screen name, you can tell I'm a little biased!

Originally posted by VICTORVONDOOMX

How about;
Craptastic! Craptacular! The ruination of the best concieved character in comics!

Totally agreed.:up:

Most people are saying he has horse feet....the comic I saw showed him with "cloven" hooves....like Satan, or a goat (which is also represented as evil in some mythologies) so I see it as the Evil symbolism.

He didnt need evil symbolism though did he? Dooms always been a figure of power and ruthlessness, they didnt need to make him a complete freak to accomplish that

Spinned is right aswell, his skin transforming to metal sounds stupid, the appeal of Doom was always that he was just a man, a bitter genius of a man, but still just a regular human who took on the likes of the Fantastic Four and Avengers with his cunning and strategy

Him walking the streets like a beggar wasnt that good either, i havnt read any of my Ult. FF's yet, but he looked like a homeless mess in that big green cloak

Originally posted by Oniwago 18
Actually, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense for Doom to be made of metal, or at least to the same extent as the others.

In some form, all of the elements, and the two lesser accepted elements are represented.

Reed = Water
Sue = Air
Johnny = Fire
Ben = Rock

Doom = Metal
Man-Thing (Presumably) = Plants

Where the hell did Man-THing come from in that panel?! Who WAS IT?!:confused:

Originally posted by MidKnight
Where the hell did Man-THing come from in that panel?! Who WAS IT?!:confused:

Who cares?

Since it's UFF, he's probably the illegitimate Love-child of Reed and Doom or something that makes EXACTLY that much sense.

You forgot ; lazy,stupid and disrespectful

Originally posted by VICTORVONDOOMX

How about;

Originally posted by sockmonkee
You forgot ; lazy,stupid and disrespectful

Actually that's the definition I now use for the word Ultimate.

Originally posted by turbyfill
where is Man-Thing, I can't find him. Which Issue?
Issue 7, page 4.

Thanks, man that is weird. But it does confirm that Doom was turn into metal rather tahn replacing his skin with it after the fact.

So I take it that he gets all those wonderful powers from the accident as well, not from stuff he makes himself?

I bought the Ultimate Fantasic Four hardcover Vol 1. today! I really like the story! It's totally different then their original origin! Vol 1. only covers issue 1-6! I haven't read anything after issue 6! Are they good? They focus on finding Victor right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"