Ultimate Dr Doom

I wouldn't say they FOCUS on finding him. The first issue of the arc focuses on his history, but the rest includes a great deal of the four. A lot having to do with Ben Grimm still adjusting to his new situation. In fact it isn't even until the very end of the last issue that Victor even becomes an issue.

Originally posted by Xan-El
I bought the Ultimate Fantasic Four hardcover Vol 1. today! I really like the story! It's totally different then their original origin! Vol 1. only covers issue 1-6! I haven't read anything after issue 6! Are they good? They focus on finding Victor right?

Issues 7+ are awesome.

The way they did Ultimate Doom Pissed me off .I am Dropping this Book .

In other things Dooms just worn a metal costume, but maybe now they are taking that theme to its extremes. :doom: Whos knows? And the hooves, maybe their trying to send across a demonic sort of figure. I dunno. lol

While I'm not really fond of the cloven feet myself, they are starting to grow on me. I think they would have looked better on Nightcrawler, but whatever. Ben Grimm lost his pinky digits I guess because when your hands are the size of baseball gloves, coordinated fingers just kind of go out the window. Perhaps it's all some kind of metaphysical mutation process? I suppose Doom's legs are now faster and much more powerful then before. As for the bolts on his face, they're not really bolts at all but rather some sort of threat disPlay. Like those lizards with sPikes over their eyes. They don't really do anything.

I think the whole "Van Damme" thing was pretty well explained. He descended from Vlad Dracula and his ancestors kept changing their names. He will keep up that tradition by changing Van Damme to Von Doom. It's an interesting and symbolic change. As for his little village, "The Keep", my guess is that this will become Latveria. That country doesn't exist in the real world, so maybe they're presenting the birth of a nation? Doom's undergoing a literal rags to riches transition. And sorcery? It's his twisted view of science as he explained in Doom:1.

Don't give up on Ultimate Doom yet, you guys.

I couldn't find my digital camera, so you get a crappy little phone picture from issue 10.

UDoom.jpg

If I find my digital camera before you get a better picture, I'll post one.

That looks a lot better than i thought.

He's not so bad. I don't really understand all the crap people are throwing, but whatever.

At first I liked how he looked but, then I saw another pic in the latest ish, and he looked a bit odd. He's okay but, not as good as the original.

I wish they gave Ultimate Nightcrawler those legs...

Oh well.

FYI the metal body and name 'van damme' was not ellis's idea (t'was bendis and millar).

Who read the newest issue? Interesting developments with Doom.

Doom can apparently from metal spines from his body and fire them out at people. He also can breathe out a poisonous mist. They definitely seem to be making him more demon-like he pretty much handed Ben, Johnny, and Sue their asses on a platter. We'll see what he does against read next issue

as a virtual newbie to the Fantastic Four world i read issue 1 - 11 of Ultimate today. i have to say i didnt reall like doom. the thing i didnt like was his mask i dunno there is one picture its on the bottom right of a page and its a close up but he just looks so kid-ish

Ultimate so far has tried to make things more realistic but to me this throws that out of the window. Doom dosent look right IMO the older incarnation which i have only previusly experienced in Spidey's verse was way better and was essentially one of my fav's

Cant someone post a pic of those hooves?? I really want to see tham...
And I must say, when I heard that Doom had form a Shanty town in denmark I laughed my knees of. I ean, I bet that you made copenhagen look like some 3trd world ciry. Oh God sooo funny!!

I didn't like the way they interpreted Doom. Altho from the sounds of it, they try to fix him up to better suit the classic variation, I haven't read those particular chapters yet. I would've perfered him to be a more global threat. He def. didn't live up to my favourite villain's reputation, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"