Ultimate One Universe - Genesis: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

JB is back!?

Also, I finally have NO plans tonight. As long as I don't get roped into a long Helldivers session on PS4, I should have multiple posts finished up.

Oh... Oops. I misunderstood. The Hello Again thread got a bump and I thought that it was recent. Explains why no one else noticed.. Oops.

Sorry for that utterly terrible post, Eddie.

Xavier will be up tomorrow or Sunday

Character Name: Thomas Elliot; Hush

Alignment: Villain

Character Speech Font and Color: 778899 Courier New

Character Origin/Backstory:
As a child, Thomas Elliot would not be pleased. In fact, the insufferable brat was always wanting the best of everything, despite being amongst New York City's upper crust. He dreamed of having his parents fortune, wanting it more than life itself. So one day, while his family had been in the company of a seventeen year old Norman Osborn and his parents, he'd rigged the oven to explode. In an instant, he'd orphaned himself and Norman, or so he'd hoped. While a string of innocents were caught in a fire that resulted, he found disappointment because his mother was saved by a Dr. Peter Cross. Instantly, Norman inherited his family fortune, along with Tommy's envy, while Tommy would have to wait.

His greed resulted in him leaving New York City, penniless on his eighteenth birthday. On a quest for the best, he looked to mercenary work as the answer, so he hired an Australian hit-man, George Harkness, to show him the ropes, picking up on the killers signature skill set while doing so. He took himself then to Egypt, working for Raoul Bushman and learning to really fight like he meant it. A bit later, he abandoned the group, though leaving on good enough terms, after he encountered a red garbed angel of death, Elektra. She had actually been attempting to kill Elliot when she observed and appraised his survival skill as worthy of the hand, one of the few adepts of the generation. So he was taken to Asia where he was a servant of The Hand, coming to blows against the rival organization, The Chaste, and unknowingly the future Batman. He'd fallen in love with Elektra, but was exiled after he stole from it's leader, and added to their list of personal enemies.

Escaping them, he put his skills to use for the corporate giant, Roxxon. He went undercover, adopting a new facade with every job. To facilitate this, he learned to perform plastic surgery on himself. Numerous successes without being discovered once led to him earning the codename: Hush.

Because he'd actually stolen the face of a number of people to operate on himself, he was later arrested by Shield and kept in Belle Reve before being drafted onto Waller's Suicide Squad. But on his first mission, he took his first opportunity to escape by surgically removing the nanite bomb used to leverage him from his own neck. Ever since his escape, he's used his services to sabotage the life of Norman Osborn, while selling his services to criminal syndicates such as The Kingpin or Gotham City's Penguin, but none of them had purchased loyalty. As days go by, he's been plotting and scheming revenge against Osborn, Waller, Shield, The Hand, Dr. Cross, and anyone who's ever disserviced him.

Powers and Abilities:
Periods of work for the top organizations in the Marvel Universe have required he be in the best of shape, with impressive muscle mass, a daunting pace, reflexes sharper than a katana, dexterity superior to the average man, and overall peak human conditioning. Additionally, he is a mastermind by nature, with a dangerous intelligence when he puts it to work. He's had combat training, sufficient to enable him to spar with the boldest martial artist. He always is exercising his powers of deduction, and may as well have a web of newspaper clippings in his head.

Experiences with The Hand have bestowed a knowledge of the occult upon him, albeit a limited one. Stealth training has rendered him with the ability to make his way through the securest facilities. Having such a colored history, he has also built up a scientific and technological proficiency. But his standout skill is his medical prowess, as he has the ability to operate even on himself. His weapons of choice are a pair of pistols, of which he keeps a backup, and tactical work of explosives, while he is also explicitly trained in use of the sword and boomerangs.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate":
While the ties to The Bat are certainly there, I've set him up to have a lot more grudges and given him a few more enemies to avenge himself against. The personal ties extend to quite a few of the characters being played given his ties to their enemies. A grudge with Cross could launch a scheme against DD, Spidey could get into the crosshairs with Osborn, obviously Wayne, The Flash could get involved with Cap Boomerang, and Moon Knight cuz of Bushman. How he gained his experiences is different, and put him at odds with Shield, Cap by extension. Basically, there's no reason for him to fight Wonder Thor or Superman, yet. But putting him in the suicide squad, the special forces unit of supervillains, could give him ties to a number of characters because I didn't say who was in the squad. Plus, when you look at the history and skill set, he's more of an Anti-Batman than before.

What can you bring to the RPG:
We need PC villains, and I brought a schemer. I'mma try to make some waves on Earth and see what we can get cooking. The only other multi-player storyline going on right now seems to be the Fantastic Fourigin.

Sample Post:

A strong tower stands above all nearby structures, standing out like a trophy. The word 'Oscorp' stamped across its center for all to see. But that name is an atrocity for one man to see. With a pair of binoculars in hand, a lone figure stands in the distance, eyes fixed from a balcony. His trench coat cracking in the wind as a mid nite storm rolled through the NYC.
H U S H
Oscorp, New York City
2245 Hours. . .

By luck Norman Osborn became a teenage millionaire. The fact that he owed his riches to my prepubescent actions makes little difference when you consider what he did with his money, the exact things I would have done. With a wit that matched my own, he invested his inheritance and farmed it until he'd seen a return beyond a thousand fold. With an empire founded in the sciences and technology, he lives the life I'd dreamed of as a child.

Slinking through the shadows, a man shifts his weight like a silent accordion towards the back door. He's fast, wild in his movements, yet holds a certain finesse. You could blink and miss him. His height changes with every passing second. He was fifteen yards from the entrance when he kicked the door in, one of his legs blasting towards it like a bullet. The windows flash silver as steel barriers drop behind them to lock the building down.

He's not working for me, or so he thinks. The Stilt-Man has been allowed to believe that he's executing a heist arranged by Intergang, with the plans for the operation requiring abilities that he coincidentally has. But in reality, I left a briefcase for him to find with instructions disguised to look like they were meant for someone else.

I'm sure all he's been doing inside is disabling a couple guards, scaling the elevator shaft as only he can, and collecting my prize. But he's being a bit slow. Tick, tock.

As he finally emerges through the back door, holding my prize in his arms, sealed in a steel case, he follows the course I've laid out for him, right into the snake pit. His mechanically extending stilts bring him in my direction faster than any man can run, and faster than I could hope to catch him, but no one counts on a tripwire being laid in the middle of a public street, especially with the rush of a victory.
He crossed the wire, setting off a brick of C4 explosive directly beneath him. After the blast, the lower portion of his stilts, the parts with motors, were reduced to pencil shavings and the Stilt-Man was reduced to a stain on the pavement. But the case lay in the middle of the street. "Osborn's prized plans for the Glider prototype are mine."

Last edited:
Carnage, you don't need to apologize about the quality of your post. At least you made one! This week kicked my ass as expected, but I'm gonna get on track ASAP.

Misfit, I appreciate what you're trying to do by making Hush a one-size-fits-all villain, but to me it feels very disparate. By tangentially tying him into so many different realms, he gets spread so thin that he has very little identity of his own. Not to mention that you'd be adding a mountain of continuity for characters across the board to work around. I don't know how others feel, but if you're going to move forward, I'd like to talk about how we can reconcile your plans with my ideas for Osborn's early history.

I agree with EB. Sometimes less is more. You don't need to entangle yourself in a web of continuity in order to get some interaction going. If anything you'll probably end up writing yourself into a corner because of all the continuity you've made for yourself that happens before the game.

Point taken. I'll see if I can find something more suitable as I hadn't realized how complex tho could get. You guys are right. I just want to do a villain, it'd actually be my first time. I expected critiques, but the matching points can't really be repaired while holding to my idea. Plus there'd be Carnage's plans to check into.

Hey, don't let us complete derail it. There must be some way you can make some alterations without scapping the entire idea? I mean, we have two universes to work with here.

For example, I'd planned to use Deadshot and written out a few posts involving him and Carnage wanted to use him, so he substituted Bullseye in instead and it worked perfectly fine. There are always proxies you can use to achieve the same goal in games like this without stepping on someone's toes if you search ComicVine hard enough.

Yeah, I didn't intend to make you scrap your plans entirely. It's just that I had imagined Osborn as a self-made man, not someone who inherited his fortune. Kinda feeds into my ideas for his dark descent. Like I said, if you want to move forward, we can talk about ways to make it work - or, as Morden suggested, you can find a proxy. Totally up to you.

In any case, that was a completely garbage Spider-Man post, but it was important that I finally made one before posting inertia kicked in completely. I'll try to get Star-Lord up either later tonight or sometime tomorrow, Carnage.

Whenever someone uses Shocker I'm always reminded of Feature's run as him years and years ago in the old Ultimate Marvel game.

Man, that was a long time ago.

Working on posts tonight, as well as catching up with reading y'all's work.

Misfit, I'll also take a look at your app.

So I was thinking about what else could be done, and I decided that I'd take a differing route in application, one truer to the original yet further distanced from the Batman. It largely involves The Black Panther, who I may consider picking up. So I'm putting this app on hold for now. Thanks for the varied advice, guys. But, Carnage, I'd still like to read whatever feedback you had in mind.

Took a little while, but now I'm finally getting to the things I had in mind when I picked up Cap. For those of you following along at home, that makes Flash next!

Nice team selection and explanation for the name.

Sorry for the lack of activity; getting a little crazy over here getting everything squared away for my vacation. And then, of course, there's the vacation itself, which means that I'll be away for about a week. So sadly, I probably won't have much of anything up until the end of the month.

Sorry for the lack of activity; getting a little crazy over here getting everything squared away for my vacation. And then, of course, there's the vacation itself, which means that I'll be away for about a week. So sadly, I probably won't have much of anything up until the end of the month.

All good. I'm only sitting down to really finish stuff up right now.

So hopefully we just have a really active April:woot:

Back from vacation, and ready to get back into the swing of things. Expect Wondy and Doom this weekend.

A post will be up tonight. Probably not a crowd pleaser if I'm being honest...

Popping in to say I am working on stuff. Things have been hectic. Posts will come within a week

My apologies for being a ghost, boys. School work is heating up, and I've been catching up with friends over a little online tabletop action, but I'll try and get the wheels moving here.

Getting back into this, maybe I can get Helena back up to speed. Bet I have a lot of writing to do.

I'm also still here. Albeit I've been slightly busy/waiting until you ****ers post so I don't completely take over the IC thread. :o

Life has finally evened out. Seriously sorry for being away so long, everyone. I'm gonna get a post up for everyone over the next few days, starting with Bats and Supes.

Let's get this going!

(Sentarous, expect a reply to your PM ASAP)

I'm also still here. Albeit I've been slightly busy/waiting until you ****ers post so I don't completely take over the IC thread. :o

You could join other RPs! Like the one I'm running on RPG! notadvertizingiswear

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"