Ultimate One Universe RPG: OOC Thread

Bats post will be up tonight, and hopefully a Booster one as well.

Finally caught up to the posts...

Have to be honest, Bats, I squee-ed at the Lockley cameo...

I'm still in for this, I'll start working on a post tomorrow but I can't throw it up anyway until someone else gets their post done (although I think I have an idea what way they'll go with theirs).

While I'm waiting for that though... Here's another app:

Character Name: Alec Holland and Ted Sallis (Swamp Thing and the Man-Thing)

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Walking the line, I guess. Although Swamp Thing has heroic tendencies.

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans):
Swamp Thing – Dark Green, Georgia, Bold
Man-Thing seldom speaks, but will follow Ted Sallis’ - Green, Microsoft Sans Serif, Italics

Powers and Abilities:
Once Swamp Thing and Man-Thing have both been chemically/mystically altered by the swamp they develop numerous fantastic abilities.

Swamp Thing – As a consciousness without a real traditional body, Swamp Thing has the ability to inhabit and animate vegetation of any kind, including the ability to manipulate said vegetation to construct himself a body. This ability means he has remarkable powers of regeneration and can even “teleport” himself through the non-traditional means of allowing his body to fall and transferring his consciousness to vegetable matter located where he wants to go. His powers abilities result in him being virtually boundlessly strong provided he can manipulate enough vegetation to bolster whatever he needs to lift/support.

Man-Thing – As the body without the consciousness, Ted Sallis’ body was hi-jacked by the swamp to become the Guardian of the Nexus of All Realities. The Man-Thing is an empath, which causes him to react oddly to and pick up on various emotions. He is particularly responsive to fear, which enrages the creature and results in the excretion of a corrosive substance. As a result of the Super Soldier Serum that Sallis took just prior to his death, the Man-Thing has strength above that of peak human, but will continue to grow in strength as the power of the Man-Thing will be with him. As the swamp has manipulated his body, Man-Thing is virtually invulnerable to regular conventional harm since his body is not completely solid. Whilst Man-Thing doesn’t possess the full power of a Plant Elemental like his associate Swamp Thing, due to their sharing duties, Man Thing can still regenerate his body... but he requires the equivalent amount of vegetation to be directly available for him to do so.
Due to the spongy nature of his body, he is able to ooze through small spaces or around barriers. In his role as the Guardian of the Nexus of All Realities he can also teleport in a more traditional capacity than the Swamp Thing.

Character Origin/Backstory:
Alec Holland was a scientist, working for Lexcorp at an undisclosed location in the Louisiana bayou on a secret bio-restorative formula that could convert the most sterile and arid conditions, turning them into lush forest greenery. Theodore Sallis is another scientist, also somewhat under Luthor’s control – albeit more limited. Sallis has long been working on uncovering and re-creating Dr Erskine’s Super Soldier Serum.

Sallis, one of the most brilliant scientists in the world in his fields and named by American Scientist as “one of the 5 most brilliant minds in the world today” alongside of other esteemed names Reed Richards and Henry Pym, found himself called to the swamp on request by Alec Holland. Holland, who has long hero-worshipped Sallis as one of the fore-most authorities on bio-chemistry justified his request to Luthor as his help being of immeasurable aid due to the work being in his field of expertise. As such, Sallis was pulled to the bayou to complete his work and to lend assistance and advise Holland.

Their origin is going to be my first arc and I'd like to take the time to flesh it out properly in full.
What Makes This Version "Ultimate":

I’m attaching both characters to the same story, I think it will work well. I’m boosting Ted Sallis intelligence to heighten the tragedy of the events that followed. I’m merging mystical and power elements of the two universes. Supposed to be one power destined to both be the Guardian of the Nexus of All Realities and protective agent of the Green – founder of the building blocks of life. The two roles will be split between the pair.

What can you bring to the RPG:
Freaky swamp beasts! What else is needed in life?

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Climbing from the murky mire, Alec Holland looks back at the laboratory. They stand ablaze and his memory returns to him.

The fire. The flames. His body inflamed.

He drops to the ground, the laboratory and his notes. A decade of work... lost.

He feels sludge drip down his head and over his eye, Holland raises an arm to his face to wipe it away and is stunned to find his arm has become an overgrown mess or reeds, moss and fern.

“... Noooooo...” his voice creaked as if the words were echoing out from a hollowed out oak trunk.

He saw A.I.M. scientists flee from the burning wreck and knew that these men had taken too much. They had come for knowledge and science that was not theirs to take and had robbed Holland of even more.

And Ted. What had become of Ted?

Working on new posts now. Have them up tomorrow.

Sorry for bein MIA, been on vacation. Posts will be coming this week

Roster and the NPC list has been updated. If I'm missing anyone you'd like listed in with the other characters let a cracka know.

AIM_(Earth-615.9)_0001.jpg

Hmmmm.....

I have a couple of ideas. I'm gonna think about this one.

Sounds good to me. Still plenty of good characters available to run with.

Finally got that post out of my system. Can now get working more on Booster's story.

Cleaned up the roster a bit.

Sadly I removed EB's two characters since he bowed out of the RPGs for the foreseeable future. But both those characters will remain established, so anyone picking up Captain America or Flash will start from where Eddie left off.

I removed Blastaar from Villains since Optikal never posted as him.

And, lastly, I removed the Punisher as I am dropping Frank. Since I only wrote two posts for the character I'm considering the version retconned, so that somebody wanting to play Frank can go completely in their own direction.

You all needs some villains in this thing...seriously! I need to take care of a couple of things and I'll look into helping that situation.

With Byrd's blessings, I submit my app for a 3rd character...

Character Name: Piotr Rasputin, Colossus

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Font and Color: Dark Slate Grey, Times New Roman (Bold when in metal form)

Powers and Abilities: Mutant power to transform his flesh into organic steel, making him impervious to most attacks, including high-powered rounds and explosions. In his steel form, Colossus is also immune to extreme temperatures of both degrees, and does not require food or water to survive.
In his human form Piotr possess a degree of super-human strength and stamina, and both are increased immensely when in steel form.

Character Origin/Backstory: Piotr grew up in a small shack outside of Ukrainian city of Belyaevka. They were a poor family, but his mother made sure that Piotr and his siblings were always cared for and loved. She taught Piotr to follow his heart, and to do the right thing. Something that was extremely difficult growing up in the slums, where crime and violence ruled the landscape.

Tragedy struck when Piotr's mother died in a car accident when he was sixteen, leaving him to take care of his younger brother, Mikhail (fifteen), and his little sister, Illyana (twelve), while his father lost himself in a bottle of booze.

Both Piotr and Mikhail went out and sought work to help support their family. Piotr eventually found a job working as a laborer on a farm, while Mikhail found less than honorable employment, joining the organization of Russian mob boss Ishmael Gregor.

Mikhail quickly moved through the ranks of Gregor's circle, bringing in loads of money and getting the family out of the Belyaevka slums. Piotr, though, did not approve of Mikhail's methods. Piotr still held true to the ideology that their mother taught them, but Mikhail just saw him as being jealous.

Eventually the brothers had a falling out when their father died in his sleep, having drank himself to death. Illyana, now seventeen, went into a shell, not talking to anyone. Piotr and Mikhail argued about what's best for the family and came to blows. It was then when Mikhail's mutant power manifested, as he fired a blast of energy from his eyes that knocked Piotr off of him.
The two brothers stopped their brawl, both stunned by what had happened. Mikhail eventually moved towards Illyana, but she ran into the arms of Piotr, scared of Mikhail. Mikhail left that night and Piotr has not seen him sense.

The next day Piotr went to work, but the events of the night before left him distracted. While working in the fields, Piotr found himself in the way of a large harvester. Piotr wasn't able to get out of the way in time, but, somehow, his skin transformed into steel mere seconds before the blades of the machine would have torn into him.
Instead they shattered against his shining skin.

His co-workers looked on in astonishment, some not knowing what to make of it until somebody used the "M" word, "mutant." Piotr grabbed Illyana and they were forced to flee Belyaevka, taking up residence in the Ukrainian city of Odessa. He has taken up work at a local lumber mill, while Illyana has gotten a job bartending at a local hole where she's been getting fond of cocaine, much to Piotr's dismay.

In between taking care of his sister and working, Piotr has gotten to practice with his powers a bit, learning how to will his metal skin "on" and "off", and just the levels of the benefits it grants him.

With both he and his brother being mutants, Piotr figures it's only a matter of time before Illyana's power manifests, something he's dreading. And it's also the reason why Piotr has been secretly saving up money, just in case they're forced to run again.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": This Piotr has had a much harsher upbringing than the regular one, as well as different directions for his brother and sister and how his power manifested.

What can you bring to the RPG: More mutants.

Sample Post (provide a short post of at least 3 paragraphs and 1 line of dialogue for your character):

Piotr pulled the hood tighter around his face to protect himself from the biting cold as the wind blew in from the East. It was late October in Odessa and it was currently 11 degrees outside, with a wind chill of -15.
Warm for this time of year.

The sun was setting behind him as Piotr walked quietly down the sidewalk of the local ghetto, avoiding the hookers on the corner, and the Serbians on the corner dealing in heroin. Piotr knew his destination, and he wasn't going to let anything deter him.

Finally he came to the end of his road, a small dive bar called Cockrum's, which was owned by a displaced Englishman, believe it or not. The Englishman, Peter Wisdom, was one of the few people he actually trusted in this city. He helped Illyana out, getting her a job at the bar, and is helping Piotr get her off of the powder.

"Piotr!"

Piotr Rasputin looked across the busy bar at the beautiful smile on his sister, Illyana, as she waved to him from behind the bar.

"Hello, little sister", Piotr smiled as he sat down on an empty bar stool, relaxing on the bar as he is exhausted from a long day working at the mill.
"Pour me a vodka, please. It's been a hard day."

We can do three characters?! This whole time, I've been agonizing over who should be my second one! This changes everything!!!

We can do three characters?! This whole time, I've been agonizing over who should be my second one! This changes everything!!!

Yessir. Only stipulation is one cannot have 3 Premium characters (i.e. Flash, Spider-Man, and Green Lantern). If you already have 2 major characters, your 3rd can't be an A-lister.
This way, in theory, it allows the major characters to be spread around a bit.

Ultimate One Universe Characters Application

6315207209_456860470e.jpg

Character Name: The Joker

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Villian (Like I would REALLY be anything else)

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Purple System

Powers and Abilities: He is a psychopath with a highly developed sense of narcissism, and a very unpredictable physical combatant. He has created many weapons of death based upon comedy. Some of these include lethal joy buzzers, acid flowers, razor playing cards and his lethal laughing gas called Joker Venom just to name a few. Thanks to Oscorp he is now "gifted" with great physical strength and an enhanced genius IQ especially in chemistry and computers.

Character Origin/Backstory: Jack Napier wasn't always a twisted psychopath. At one time he was a law-abiding citizen who was married to a beautiful young lady and he had a good job at Oscorp as a lab assistant. Jack had real gifts in the field of chemistry and he was also very gifted in computers he built his own from scratch. While he had these gifts he didn't really care for them. Jack used them as a means to a paycheck but he had desires to be the next Jim Carrey and he liked to moonlight as a stand-up comedian at some of the local night clubs.

Unfortunately Jack was not very funny, and when he found out that his wife was pregnant he knew he needed to do something for some quick extra cash, so when he found out about a drug-trial for a new human enhancement drug that Oscorp was developing and could set his family up for at least 5 years Jack signed up for it.

Jack was injected with the drug and over time he began to develop a stronger physique, greater intellect, and sadly a much more dangerous sense of humor. To the point that his wife had no choice but to leave him because of a dark and angry side that was emerging. Norman Osborn saw the flaws in this drug and knew it would have to be refined for future testing, but there would be questions about this first trial. It was time to get rid of Jack and so Norman hired an assassin to deal with Jack.

The killer stalked Jack for weeks and finally one day shot him and dumped his body into a vat of chemcials that were emptied out into the river. The chemicals not only healed the bullet wound but they reacted with the drug in his bloodstream. Jack's skin turned pale white, his hair turned green and lips were now ruby red. Jack's face was also frozen into a permanent smile.

Jack climbed out of the river and saw what he looked like. At first he was horrified but then realized that not only did he look like a clown, but this was his chance to finally be the comedian he always wanted to be. If life could make a joke out of him he was going to make sure that everyone else would laugh with him or die laughing.

Jack decided two things at that moment 1) He would never seek vengance against Osborn because he unlocked his inner-clown 2) Jack Napier was now dead...there was a new guy in town...The Joker.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": The connection to Norman Osborn and the enhanced strength aspect.

What can you bring to the RPG: I've played this character before, I love playing villains, and I am familiar with the work of the other players here.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Inside the Gotham City Opera House renowned Tenor Luciano Formateg has just finished performing Rigoletto. He takes his bow and acknowledges the crowd and then the Orchestra. Luciano then exits the stage to cries of "encore, encore."

Luciano takes a bottle of water from the stage manager and says, "Thank you I think I have enough left for one encore."

The Stage Manager with his head bowed and cap pulled low says, "Well you know what they say give the people what they want, and they want a night they'll remember for years to come."

Luciano nods and smiles as he heads back to the stage. The Stage Manager lifts up his head revealing himself to be The Joker!

The Joker pulls out a razor sharp playing card and flicks it across to the stage and with deadly accuracy embeds it into the back of Luciano’s skull.

Luciano begins to stumble about and finally falls over dead. The crowd is horrified and begins to scream.

The Joker says, "Hmmm some people just don’t know how to have fun and enjoy the Opera. What a bunch of killjoys! I try to give them a night they’ll remember for years to come and this is the thanks I get? Ingrates!"

He says into a radio, "All-right let’s give the people something to smile about."

A voice on the other end says, "Got it."

Just then the doors lock into place and the Opera House fills up with the Joker’s Venom gas. Quickly people begin to fall over laughing and soon dying.

The Joker steps out from the wings and admires his work. He looks out at the dead crowd and says, "And that is just the opening act wait until you see the finale!"

The Joker’s three other henchmen wearing gas masks approach him on stage and one of them has a gym bag full of money.

He says, "I managed to crack the safe and clean out the Box-Office too boss!"

The Joker looks disapprovingly at him and says, "You idiot this is not a robbery! This is about giving the people what they want! A night they’ll never forget! If this was a robbery we would've hit a bank you idiot! Where does money come into this? Why are we robbing them? WHY?"

The Joker flicks his wrist twice and a small pistol pops out. The Joker then pulls the trigger and a bang flag unravels.

The Henchman says nervously, "Good one boss."

The Joker bows slightly and says, "Thank you."

With cat-like reflexes The Joker flips over and pops up grabbing the Henchman's throat and crushing it like a grape. The Joker lets the body hit the floor which sounds a lot like a pumpkin hitting the ground.

The Joker admires the sound for the moment and says, "Nice accustics in here."

He looks at the other two and says, "Do you two MENSA rejects feel like improving?"

The both shake their head furiously and the Joker says, "Good!" He begins laughing almost hysterically and then feigns wiping a tear away.

The Joker looks at his watch and says, "Well time to blow this joint before one of those costumed nutjobs show up! Shall we?"

The Joker and his henchmen leave the opera house. They get about two blocks away and the Opera House explodes in a mass of flames and smoke that can be seen from miles away.

The Joker says to one of his henchmen, "Remind me when we get the paper tomorrow to take the picture from the front page and from online and then frame it. This was a good one! Truly a night to remember for years to come!"

Last edited:
Just a quick FYI, MST, Slade Wilson's still in the military, not a merc yet.

MSTK...I feel bad saying this, but I kinda wanted to hold off on the Joker coming into the game for a while. If it was a different Batman rogue I would work with you, but Joker is kind of a big deal.

MSTK...I feel bad saying this, but I kinda wanted to hold off on the Joker coming into the game for a while. If it was a different Batman rogue I would work with you, but Joker is kind of a big deal.

That's the good thing about this game...there are many other heroes for The Joker to deal with besides Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"