The Amazing Spider-Man 2 "Unresolved things" Story Arcs and GOOD stuff that TASM 2 must bring back

Obviously the parents is the big one, given that it's this series' "untold story" arc and super mysterious/interesting.

And yeah wow the fact he never found Ben's killer never even occurred to me. Then again, the movie is anti-revenge so he doesn't really need to.

This one's more of a pet peeve thing since it was an after credits scene, but if they don't even reference the man in the shadows that'd be lame...

I just want the sequel to have the same hear the first did. If the players involved, the set pieces, and the places the story takes us are different well they should be. But the heart from the first should still be there. :)

Parents.

Ben's killer.

Breaking his promise to George Stacey.

They really didn't even have that much practical web slinging anyways in the first movie. People just saw that one set pic under the bridge and for some reason thought the whole movie was practical. I think that scene was literally the only completely practical scene in the entire movie that involved swinging during an action sequence.

The only complete part yes, but when Spidey is racing towards the Oscorp tower there are a few practical parts there

I don't know how or why, but the swinging in the SM1 and 2 movie looks more real than the swinging in TASM. Sure the dynamics are realistic in TASM, but there's just something I can't quite put my finger on with SM1&2 that makes the swinging look belivable

I disagree, I think TASM's swinging was superb and CG Spidey had weight.

I dont want complete practical swinging

Lets face it,no matter how good the bridge swinging scenes looked it still looked stale in front of the CGI swinging scenes before the final fight

A little bit of practical combined with CGI would be good

And I want plenty of first-person shots,but something tells me,we wont be seeing it anymore

Agreed. Also, I think you're right about the 1st person swinging.

It feels like there was a good amount of skepticism and backlash toward the POV scenes in the beginning that by the the film came out people either ended up liking it and wanted more or they were cut down and so brief that no one really cared.

But I would really like a good mix of practical and CG swinging. I'm curious to see how they'll be shooting the chase scene in Rochester.

I wonder if they could do practical swinging same way they did the gliding in The Dark Knight (big big warehouse with green walls, floor and ceilling. (I don't remember the details of that behind the scenes feature, so I might be wrong about some things)

anyway, could swinging be done in somewhat similar fashion?

Sure, but they won't be able to replicate the more arachnid-like poses as well, imo.

also one thing that came to my mind is that judging from the behind the scenes features and interviews, the TASM costume was much harder to make look real with CGI than the old one, because when the Raimi movie was being made, CGI wasn't as good as it is now, so they actually went great lenghts to make the costume design and the texture the way it was way easier to replicate with CGI. Nowadays they didn't think too much about that because CGI is much better, so it wasn't a big concern when making the costume.

Still, now that we have the old looking texture back, and a simpler design, I think it'll look even better in CGI scenes

also one thing that came to my mind is that judging from the behind the scenes features and interviews, the TASM costume was much harder to make look real with CGI than the old one, because when the Raimi movie was being made, CGI wasn't as good as it is now, so they actually went great lenghts to make the costume design and the texture the way it was way easier to replicate with CGI. Nowadays they didn't think too much about that because CGI is much better, so it wasn't a big concern when making the costume.

Still, now that we have the old looking texture back, and a simpler design, I think it'll look even better in CGI scenes

images

I really wouldn't say the web swinging looked more realistic in SM1 and 2 compared to ASM. If you mean physics-wise, then yeah there are some parts in ASM that looks very unreal (hard to explain which scenes I mean but generally those where he kinda stops in the air and web zips).

Also, the web swinging in SM1 was more fun to watch (the first car chase is one of my favourite SM scenes).

But the CGI in ASM while web swinging is much better I'd say. Sometimes in the Raimi films, it looked like a video game. Yes, time is a major factor but that doesn't really matter here when we're strictly discussing which looks the best.

On Topic:

I definitely want the high school to have some great scenes again. I loved those in ASM. I really hope Webb doesn't drop Flash completely now. Yes, he's a side character that's not very big but still an important aspect of Peter's school life and someone who is pretty special.

I want the heart in ASM to be present still.

ASM was great at showing Peter's intellect and smartness. I want that to continue.

I want the human feel to stay (which I trust in Webb completely, this is like his biggest talent).

etc.

I want Spider-man to be an outlaw again , not like the first movie but his arrest warrant is still there so , maybe and the fact that they acknowledge the lizard event and maybe a cameo from Iffans

I disagree, I think TASM's swinging was superb and CG Spidey had weight.

This.

I have pretty much the same list as most others...continue with finding Ben's killer, more of the parents story arc, possibly show what happened to Ratha, continue with grounded relationships, Flash Thompson arc continued, etc.

One other thing I'd like to add is the quip and attitude of Spider-man. They hit on it pretty well in ASM but it still needs to continue to go in the same direction and push it along further. As Webb stated how Spidey will be a "virtuoso" with his skills, it'd be nice to see him fully encapsulate that 'swashbuckling attitude' when taking down criminals too.

-Good chemistry between characters, mainly Peter and Gwen (This will come back for sure)
-Old suit (even if it's for a TDK-like scene where he changes it for a reason).
-Practical swinging, or at least, the same level of swinging CGI from TASM (with weight on Spidey).
-FPS, First Person Scenes, but longer.
-Night scenes, they truly showed good cinematography there in TASM.
-James Horner's theme!!!!
-And, as someone said above, keep the style and "heart" of TASM, whatever it is.

As for unresolved...
-Peter's parents death or disappearance.
-Man In The Shadows, identity.
-Fate of Connors.
-Does Aunt May knows Peter's secret?

Also, I would leave Uncle Ben's killer out of this one, and resolve it at the end of TASM 3. After Gwen dies, Peter's struggling between his feelings and his responsability as Spidey and, after founding Uncle Ben's killer, arresting him would be a great chance to show that Peter is strong enough to continue his work as Spidey, saving New York from any kind of "evil", even at those expenses.

Last edited:
As an aside, I thought the mid-credits scene was extremely pointless. They shouldn't even have included it. It provided zero information/suspense/excitement. Nothing.

All the Marvel films including the Avengers, did it correctly. Imagine if the Avengers stinger was exactly how it is now, except with Thanos in complete shadows, not allowing us to see what he looks like at all. It would've been completely pointless, leaving audiences scratching their heads, rather than getting them excited.

They need to put a little more thought into these kinds of things.

As an aside, I thought the mid-credits scene was extremely pointless. They shouldn't even have included it. It provided zero information/suspense/excitement. Nothing.

All the Marvel films including the Avengers, did it correctly. Imagine if the Avengers stinger was exactly how it is now, except with Thanos in complete shadows, not allowing us to see what he looks like at all. It would've been completely pointless, leaving audiences scratching their heads, rather than getting them excited.

They need to put a little more thought into these kinds of things.

I agree, but I don't think you're completely on topic now, right? ;)

I agree, but I don't think you're completely on topic now, right? ;)

lol. Yeah, you're right.

Unresolved things they should bring back? I can't think of anything. Leave Uncle Bens killer. It no longer serves any purpose to the story. He learned his lesson about seeking vigilante justice for personal gratification vs for the good of others.

Leave Ratha. He should have been resolved in the first film, but that ship has sailed. It was just sloppy letting his character fall of the map apropo of nothing.

As for good stuff.

-Continue and EXPAND upon the chemistry/interactions between Peter and Gwen, which was great ...it just left you wishing there was MORE of it... Let things breathe instead of rushing them like in TASM.

-Everything else, in TASM was great, the FX, the acting, all good. If they improve on the script so that the scenes that need a little more time don't feel so rushed and the scenes that should have moved more quickly aren't dwelled upon (though the former was more of a problem than the latter).

yeah, he shouldn't have needed to ask connors about lizards slowing down in extremely cold conditions.

the freeze gas (the scientific name escapes me, total mental blank, anyone help me out? haha) barely even phased the lizard, however. imo a missed opportunity for spidey to both show his intelligence and have it pay off against a stronger foe.

just thinking about that scene with the gas makes me realise just how overpowered the lizard was; it's right up there with the water demon being no match for ghost rider's flames in the first ghost rider movie.

Ah never saw Ghost Rider but I see what you're saying with the missed opportunity. They've got to make the opportunity more clear as well for the sequel. I'm guessing with electricity, there's many routes they can go in terms of defeat. Lets hope.

I want more regarding Pete's parents. Like, something more substantial. ASM didn't give much to go on regarding them....they were there, something shady happened, and they disappeared/died in a plane crash, and then we never heard about them again.

ASM2 really needs to create better intrigue and provide more concrete information/hints about the sketchy incident that was going on...what was so secretive about Richard's work that someone would break into his office? What was Connors' involvement with their disappearance (He was clearly not telling the full truth to Peter based on his conversations with Ratha and the man in the shadows), and what is the "truth" about Peter's father that the man in the shadows mentioned?

Uncle Ben's killer.

Something useful about his parents if they're a big deal in Webb's series.

Better quips.

How about a Dr. Ratha return besides making him feel like TAS-M's version of Coleman Reese(an interesting character that just doesn't show up in the sequel).

Peter realizing that he shouldn't have broken his promise to Captain Stacy(and this could come up not just because Peter could be struggling with the choice, but if Max Dillon is Spidey's "eyes and ears", and look what happens to him, he could realize that he puts people in jeopardy).

Good stuff that should be brought back in TASM 2?

Gee how about the suit?

:up:

And so many yes's for this one.

More OsCorp. The costume from TASM 1. Connors.

Out of curiosity, what good is bringing back Ben's killer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"