Unstable Musical Cues- Glass and Beltrami's Score

TheComicbookKid

Swing n Miss
Reaction score
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captur...fantastic-four-and-reed-richards-he-stretches

One of the things I'm most curious about is the score, and I asked him how that's coming along and how it affects the finished film. "The Philip Glass score and the music in general is a huge part of the tone of the film. It's something that Josh had in mind from the beginning of the process. The fact that we got him is insane. We used his music as the temp score. We talked about what we wanted the tone of the music to be, kind of thinking we wouldn't get him and we'd end up playing his music for whoever was scoring it. Marco Beltrami is working with him, so we have this really neat partnership. It's a unique tone for the movie. There's nobody else who has ever composed film music like him. There's a drama behind it that we're definitely going to try to get onscreen."

This is one of the things I'm really excited for!

The use of Glass in Watchmen was one of the highlights.
[YT]NDGhd3mlAbc[/YT]
vzijie.gif

Beltrami's 3:10 to Yuma score was great but I have a bias for westerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am really looking forward to Glass's score. That is fantastic news for this movie.

Yeah looking forward to the score as well. Hopefully FOX and Trank made better use of this pairing than Marvel and Whedon did with Tyler and Elfman on A:AOU.

I liked Marco's The Wolverine score and I can't wait to hear Glass' contribution!

Beltrami began sessions for the movie yesterday. Album tentatively set for release August 3.

I've always been a fan of his work. My favourite was the Scream series :)

Even if this film disappoints, the score's probably gonna be great, since they managed to get Philip Glass on board.

Beltrami will be at comic-con and an interview from the FF sessions will be published near release.

Beltrami's panel is today so hopefully we get some information about the Philip Glass collaboration.

soundtrack details have arrived

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/07/09/fantastic-four-soundtrack-details/

"1. Fantastic Four Prelude
2. Transporting the Car
3. Science Fair
4. Arriving in the City
5. Boardroom, Baxter’s Lab
6. Reed Enters the Lab
7. Meeting Victor
8. Johnny In the Lab
9. Building the Shuttle
10. Elder Arrives
11. Neil Armstrong
12. Quantum Shuttle
13. First Footprints
14. Planet Zero Escape
15. Elder and Storm, Ben’s Drop
16. Real World Applications
17. Elder Pressures Storm
18. Looking For Reed
19. Ben’s Mission, Finding Reed
20. Storm Talks With Johnny
21. Return to Planet Zero
22. Victor’s Wake
23. In Pursuit of Victor
24. Confrontation
25. End Titles"

Last edited:
just read that el-p is doing the credits. that is amazing. the guy is one of the best producers in hip hop right now. the film could be awful but the music is gonna be something special.

I don't know who he is but I hope the end credit is something cool.

He's one of Josh Trank's friends, that's who.

El-P is the man. That's pretty interesting news.
If any of you like hip-hop and haven't heard Run the Jewels, give them a listen. They have two albums out for free and they are some of the most thoughtful, well-crafted rap you'll ever hear.

Not familiar with El-P's work (not that i know of). But a lot of people seem to be vouching for him. So that's another positive in terms of this film's music i guess.

No clue about El-P... and I prefer orchestral music like for the end credits like in the X-Men films (except First Class which featured a song from Take That). But I hope its a decent song. I got used to the Kanye West song that are in the TV spots despite disliking Kanye West.

he's a hip hop producer but his music doesn't sound like "traditional" hip hop. he uses a lot of interesting and unorthodox sounds in his production and the end product ends up being great.

From the Con panel:

http://nerdist.com/junkie-xl-brian-tyler-marco-beltrami-discuss-scoring-for-superheroes-at-sdcc/

Next in line was Beltrami, who spoke to a queue of his Fantastic Four score without an accompanying film clip. The score, eerie and mysterious, landed it in musical territory leaning towards fantasy. Asked to describe the scene that accompanies the queue, Beltrami explained the piece as a prelude created with influential composer Philip Glass, from which the rest of the score was adapted. When asked if the new film would be darker than the previous two incarnations of the Marvel franchise, he stated bluntly, “I don’t know, I’ve never seen them,” receiving chuckles and light applause from the audience.

Also from the panel on Twitter paraphrasing:

Theme is youthful discovery
Described music as demon love-child of Elfman and Glass

el-p ‏@therealelp
my fan 4 piece is definitely not a hip hop beat. more like an homage to one of my biggest influences Philip glass. but twisted, of course.

Glass is the man!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"