• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Upgrading Windows

Spider-Who?

ERMERGERD!
Reaction score
Hi there. I recently bought a new computer. It runs Windows Premium. I recently found out at work that I'll need to upgrade it to Windows Proffessional in order to use some of work's new features. How easy is it to upgrade, and will I have to reinstall all of my programs?

I would think you get an option to keep all of your files when you upgrade, is this for Windows 7?

Yeah, Windows 7.

I need to have remote access to my computer at work, but the VPN provider they use only works with XP, so I need to use a Virtual PC program to run XP; which isn’t available on Windows 7 Premium.

Thanks for the info Alistar, but the last computer I had was Vista, so that won't be much help. I talked with my company's tech guy and i will have to upgrade to win 7 pro, but that i can download it and install without loosing any files/programs. (whew!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"