• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

V for Vendetta Sequel

hmm...what about a prequel?

V
is death
so, how could they make a sequel?

V for Vendetta wasn't really that great, anyway.
It was good and boring.

V for Vendetta is one of the best movies of the last years

yea i very rarely hear anyone saying V was a bad movie...and i agree they should leave it as a single movie...V is dead....but damn how about that adrenaline rush V had in the last fight scene when he got shot lik 200 times.

I think you didn't understand the movie

no, I understood it just fine.... but this movie isn't some great piece of cinema you guys make it out to be

go check out Children of Men, if you want to see a great movie, about a facist country, and terrorism......

everyones entitled to an opinion, i think V was great, alot of fun. with great performances.

since ive seen the movie...is there a book, or just comic books? and which is better the movie or the writing?

everyones entitled to an opinion, i think V was great, alot of fun. with great performances.

since ive seen the movie...is there a book, or just comic books? and which is better the movie or the writing?

Oh yes.
I agree.
Portman, Weaving, and Hurt gave great performances.

Just like Children of Men, I have failed to see the hype of this movie.
I liked it, but let's just say that this film, IMO, would get 3/4 stars tops. This is a film that I will probably watch again in the near future and finally believe the hype.

Portman was absolutely amazing, IMO its her best work thus far..

weaving, was great, its just so hard for me to picture agent smith behind that mask hahah

lol... tell that to the author of the graphic novel... he won't agree... he hated the film...

and yes... it was poor story telling... when so much of the story is based on the enigma that is V.... the only logical ending would be to show who he is, or was...

NEWS ALERT... not every comic is a great story from begining to end... V started out strong... but ended on a whimper....

Yes, Alan Moore did hate the film. As great of a writer as he is, he isn't fully satisfied unless it's a 100% faithful adaptation. V is a book with a lot of material, dialogue, and other aspects that if it were brought to life in a 100% faithful manner the film would've been 4 to 5 hours long.

Even in the book they didn't show who he was. Evey went through different scenarios on who he could be. Instead she refused to learn his identity and went on to carry his legacy.

The film took those panels directly from the book, and much to my surprise, after reading the book again over the weekend I was shocked to see how faithful the film was to the book. In the end the theme and the spirit of it was maintained very well in the movie.

But seriously, it would've been stupid to show his face. It wouldn't have worked and wouldn't have made a difference since we didn't know who he was during his time at Larkhill anyways.

speaking of Lark Hill, he had no eyes in the movie, and was terribly burned, how they hell do you survive that, and the eyes thing is iffy,

The first one got its point off very well, a sequal would be redundant.

i think id like to have a prequel tho...show everything from lark hill, the diseases released, the US civil war...

speaking of Lark Hill, he had no eyes in the movie, and was terribly burned, how they hell do you survive that, and the eyes thing is iffy,

part of the effects of the genetic treaments he suffered at lark hill stopped him fom feeling pain. also, the comment about him not having eyes wasn't literal, she meant she couldn't see his eyes because the fire roaring behind him made him nothing more than a black shadow when she saw him.

Alan never wrote a sequel or prequel to V. I don´t see the point.

is the book better than the movie?

is the book better than the movie?

yes. it goes a lot more in depth into the government characters and explores V's psychosis a bit more. it also has the awesome Rolling Stones quote that i can't figure out for the life me why they didn't use in the movie.

This movie better not have a sequel. It was one of those, "Leave it alone" ones.

V was a hell of a film...the only real stand-out film of 06 for me (let's face it, 06 sucked). A sequel would only diminish that. Thankfully, I doubt this would ever happen.

This is BS.
It makes the point of the first film pointless.
The Government was overthrown. END OF STORY!

no, I understood it just fine.... but this movie isn't some great piece of cinema you guys make it out to be

go check out Children of Men, if you want to see a great movie, about a facist country, and terrorism......

why do you keep suggesting movies that have little to nothing to do with V as alternatives?

This is BS.
It makes the point of the first film pointless.
The Government was overthrown. END OF STORY!

exactly. And one of the strengths of the film is to leave the audience feeling empowered. If you make a continuing story of it, you ruin that message. That's also why V wasn't revealed for those that are making the rediculous suggestion that they should have done so. To me...that would have been a cop out. It's a movie with a message..a bit convoluted message..but a message non-the-less.

^HELL YEAH!
I had guys in the theater screaming "Take off the mask" when he died.
I was so glad they didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"