Sequels Venom Spin-Off ISN'T Dead????

Absolutely. In my proposal, the symbiote's new origin is really just a means for Brock to obtain his powers. It really is no different than Peter sneaking into the spider room and being bitten by one of the spiders; it provides him his powers, but the character of Spider-Man is driven by Peter's complexity as a human being.

Venom is just a suit. How it twists and alters Eddie Brock as an individual is what should drive the film. Whether it should be its own sentient life form is debatable. Perhaps aspects of Brock's character should mirror Parker's, albeit distorted and tainted with evil and desperation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how this movie is gonna work out. Maybe Sony should just save Venom for the Amazing Spider-Man trilogy.

Either way, you need to develop Eddie Brock first, make him a tragic character. I think that a lab-made suit is the way to go for this trilogy, but first you need Eddie.

...also, am I the only one who is wondering who the villain of the movie would be? I mean, I'd say the logical choice is either Spidey or Carnage, but how will this tie into the Oscorp saga?

Eddie should be developed first,no doubt. But I'd like to see the symbiote given some character too. Assuming Venom is first used in an Amazing Spider-man film(here's hoping) then how did it feel being bonded to Peter? Did it feel rejected when Peter abandoned it? And how did it feel when bonding to Brock? Details like that would be cool little things to know,and see and it would help the symbiote be more than "just a pile of goo."

Guys, I'm telling you, if they don't do something different from previous incarnations, re-invent all aspects of the character(Eddie/Symbiote/Venom), and do it maturely, not only is it destine to fail, much money will be wasted, and no one will ever see this character on the big screen again.

It's make or break with this character hollow, foundationless, persona.

Guys, I'm telling you, if they don't do something different from previous incarnations, re-invent all aspects of the character(Eddie/Symbiote/Venom), and do it maturely, not only is it destine to fail, much money will be wasted, and no one will ever see this character on the big screen again.

It's make or break with this character hollow, foundationless, persona.

I don't know if they have to re-invent everything. Some changes may be called for,obviously. All I want is a dark and complex,good film that does justice and gives respect to the character. Unlike what we got in Spider-man 3.

If you don't re-invent all aspects of the character, than you will have some aspect of him still foundationless & hollow....what good does that do for the character as a whole?

huhhh....to predictable, to common of a plot(that will most likely be used time & time again for every villain, :sleepy: :bdh: nothing new, no mystery, no intrigue or sense of discovery, nothing epic about it, making same mistake as the comics/animation has made with this character, no real sense of the character being a threat, nothing really mature about another failed experiment turning into a villain, no motivation, no human aspect of the host, his humanity, and real emotion. I can go on & on....it's just the same ole, same ole....the same ole, tired, same ole.

Sorry man, I just don't like it. As popular as this character is, the character is very hollow....and that's the fault of the comic/animation writers. I sincerely think they know not what to do with this character. The character needs to be totally re-invented, and imho, until they do, this popular character will always be sub-par on the silver screen. This character has to be literally, brought to life. Making it yet another created experiment gone bad, is..........blah.

Agree with what u said on the top part. Making every villain origin tie to OsCorp becomes boring and too convenient. It is stupid. But why does Venom need to be re invented though? I see nothing wrong with it if treated right.

I think a Venom solo movie could work, even if they make one without the symbiote bonding to Spidey first. If the movie utilizes Venom as a dark mirror to Spidey, here are a few thoughts I had: (Note these are just goofy thoughts. You can pick apart, approve, *****, whatever. I don’t care.)
----​
Make Eddie a disturbed 16-year-old who deep down though a good person, just given a horrid life. In a mirror to Spidey’s family life, the best route to go is use the Carl Brock aspect. For those who don’t know, in Venom: Lethal Protector, Spidey finds out Eddie’s mom died giving birth to him and because of that Carl Brock deep down resents his own son. That could easily be used for the movie; poor Eddie trying hard and harder to gain his father’s acceptance but failing again and again. When Eddie becomes Venom, he uses the symbiote to imitate Spidey’s powers (perhaps as an idea; Carl Brock is a Spider-Man supporter) in another desperate attempt to please his dad. However his time as Venom makes him public enemy number one for his violent attacks on criminals.

Eddie’s life at high school is just as bad as his family life. He’s an outcast and is often tortured but bullies, mainly by a dangerously disturbed one named Hugh Taylor (Keep reading to understand). To make matters worse, Hugh bribes teachers to turn the other way to keep his violent streak going (His dad, Orwell Taylor, is a big CEO of a military development company (Or Oscorp).

The only person who’s truly nice to Eddie is Ann Weying, who he has a crush on/obsessed with. Once the symbiote comes into play, Ann becomes frightened of what Eddie’s turning into and tries to be his good conscious, unaware of his new “friend”. This leads to the symbiote developing an immense dislike for her.

On the alien symbiote, I’d keep it well, an alien. It should have a voice only Eddie can hear, leading to awkward moments where people see him talking to himself. The symbiote constantly eggs Eddie into giving into his rage and desire for vengeance against his bullies. When Eddie mimics Spider-Man, the symbiote urges him into killing criminals. Here’s one difference though from the comics, here, Eddie tries to stay away from killing despite the symbiotes urging. There’s the word: tries. When Ann tries to get through to Eddie, the symbiote (as stated before) develops a nasty dislike for her. One idea is that it even tries to kill her, not unlike a jealous lover wanting Eddie all to itself.

Villain-wise? Hugh Taylor the bully at first. He starts out as the bad guy let’s say 1-3rd of the movie. At one point after becoming Venom, Eddie sees him attacking a few students and tries to stop him. Hugh however during fight either gets killed by Venom or dies by his own hand. Either or, Hugh’s father Orwell, out of grief and vengeance, takes six suits of experimental armor and creates the Jury out of his best men in order to hunt down Venom.
---​
It’s a thought.

Venom, Carnage and maybe other symbiotes.. This might be great .

I don't want Eddie Brock to look like Peter Parker rip off this time. I hope he will be an adult, not a teenager.

SensSM_39_800.jpg

I like this Venom. It similar to Alien.

If they go beyond three movies, then Venom would be a good villain to add. They can mention the symbiote in one of the first three films, and describe it, allowing it to become a possible setup for a future film.

I thought of some ideas how this could work:

They mentioned Osborne had a terminal illness so have it so the suit is created to try and cure his illness, have it as a teaser at the end of the second movie. Third movie a piece of it latches onto Gwen while she's working at Oscorp and she inadvertently gives it to Peter. In the third movie we see animosity between Spider-Man and Eddie Brock. IT becomes apparent that Brock hates Spider-Man and the feeling is mutual. Since Spidey now has the black suit he treats Brock like complete crap when he crosses paths with him too. Eddie isn't the villain in the movie though, we find out little about him in fact, whomever they want the villain to be is. Spidey becomes increasingly violent and in the final showdown nearly kills the villain. He realizes he needs to get rid of the suit and does but it latches onto a nearby Eddie, but we don't see Venom revealed. Movie ends with Pete destroying the rest of the suit at Oscorp.

Now we go right into the Venom spin-off. Starts with Eddie on the ground being covered in the suit as his life is flashing before his eyes. This would be a way too show his origins and too recap the things Spider-Man has done too him. Throughout the flashback a monstrous voice is heard in his head saying how "Spider-Man has wronged us, WE need to have our revenge!". The movie would be shown from Venom's perspective and make Spider-Man the main villain of the film ( which I think would be hilariously awesome if done right.) End it with Spider-Man defeating Eddie and getting him thrown in prison. Cliffhanger would be the symbiote making its way into the prison and bonding with Eddie as he escapes. The "offspring" of the symbiote binds with one of the prisoners injured during Venom's escape, Kletus Kassidy.

Then Go right into Spider-Man 4 with Venom and Spider-Man back at each others throats but they Ultimately end up teaming up to take down Carnage. After you get that out of the way you can continue with both a Spider-Man and Venom movie series without having to have them in each others movies all the time.

I don't know. I think it's best not to bring the Symbiote/Venom into this trilogy of movies. I would wait and introduce that into a 4th or 5th movie, then go from there.

It seems to me there trying to build up Norman becoming Green Goblin and the death of Gwen Stacy. I don't think they need this plot trying to overshadow one of Spider-Man's greatest villains and story.

I don't know. I think it's best not to bring the Symbiote/Venom into this trilogy of movies. I would wait and introduce that into a 4th or 5th movie, then go from there.

It seems to me there trying to build up Norman becoming Green Goblin and the death of Gwen Stacy. I don't think they need this plot trying to overshadow one of Spider-Man's greatest villains and story.

I agree with this. Well I was actually thinking if I tweak my idea and go with Pete destroying the rest of the symbiote then that would give Norman a reason to hate Spider-Man. Instead of the Venom/Spidey vs Carnage movie Spider-Man 4 could be Norman becoming the Goblin after using an experimental treatment to cure his sickness. Then do the whole Gwen Stacy storyline. Venom vs Carnage could be Venom 2....I actually really like that idea better because in the actual Spider-Man storyline of films the symbiote would be rarely used (only in the third movie when he has the black suit). I also think Carnage would be a great villain for a solo Venom movie.

This new franchise can last for more than 3 movies if they don't use up all there villains too soon like they did in Raimi's movies.

This new franchise can last for more than 3 movies if they don't use up all there villains too soon like they did in Raimi's movies.

Yup. And a Venom spin-off can work if they do it right. The right way to go about it though is to do the black suit and Eddie Brock in a Spider-Man movie first. It makes no sense if they do a movie without all that happening first.

Venom should not be in any of Webb adapting of Spidey, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"