Video Game Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tekken 5.

Well, I kind of want to get through this first round quickly. Separate the wheat from the chaff. That sort of thing. I'll slow it down a bit next round. Anyway...
No prob man, it makes sense.

I'm voting for MK3, but Bioshock already hit five, so it's moving on.

Mortal Kombat 3 - 3
Tekken 5 - 2
Bioshock - 5

Next:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis vs. Tekken 3 vs. Super Mario Kart

indy2.gif

t3-s26.png

mario2.gif

Mario Kart! My first game ever.

Too bad I couldn't vote for MK3, but it would've lost anyway.

Wow, I have pretty different tastes than this board it seems.

I'll have to go with Super Mario Kart

Indy - 3
Tekken - 1
Mario Kart - 4

Edit: I guess I'll vote for Mario Kart, making it 4.

Last edited:
Quite fun this, would be good if you can do a franchise tournament after.

Yeah, when the nominations started rollng in it became immediately apparent to me that's probably what I should have done to begin with.

Participating in the TV show tournaments in the TV section is what made me want to do this, but what I didn't consider is that typically there's only one version of a show. There's only one Breaking Bad, there's only one Arrested Development, etc. whereas with games there are multiple sequels and other permutations that make it bit tricker. As gamer, I appreciate the differences between Mario 3 and Mario World, but for the purposes of a tournament like this, I don't think they matter so much. Oh well.

Yeah, when the nominations started rollng in it became immediately apparent to me that's probably what I should have done to begin with.

Participating in the TV show tournaments in the TV section is what made me want to do this, but what I didn't consider is that typically there's only one version of a show. There's only one Breaking Bad, there's only one Arrested Development, etc. whereas with games there are multiple sequels and other permutations that make it bit tricker. As gamer, I appreciate the differences between Mario 3 and Mario World, but for the purposes of a tournament like this, I don't think they matter so much. Oh well.
But this tournament is fun itself and it might be interesting to see how it ends up with a different dynamic. Plus we still get the franchise tournament after. Win Win. :cool:

Theres so many avenues that can be done. Franchise, Villian, Protagonist, Heroine, Sidekick, etc....it could be a recurring thing here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"