The Force Awakens Villains in the next Star Wars movie

There can still be evil Jedi. Not to mention Luke is the balanced Jedi inbetween the light and the darkside.

Thats right but could a Dark Jedi or a bunch of Dark jedi make up for Opponents as menacing as the Sith?

Thats right but could a Dark Jedi or a bunch of Dark jedi make up for Opponents as menacing as the Sith?

Yeah of coarse. All you need to do to make a character menacing is show them doing something evil. Darth Vader for example choked the guy out with his bare hands in IV and in Empire he choked like 3 of his own men for making small mistakes and was shot in a way that he always appeared physically dominant to the others on the screen.

At minimum they could be more menacing than Episode III Grevious, Dooku, or Prequel trilogy Palpatine.

Destroy Sith forever? Maybe thats more or less just EU

"bring balance to the force" was all we got

At any rate a fundamental aspect of the sith is to masque their existence.

Considering the whole Clone Wars, Clone this, clone that...

...Darth Vader Clone.

Yup.

I said it.

*Ducks from incoming flames*

In regards to villains, they sort of have a bit of a conundrum on their hands, don't they?

A Star Wars series without the presence of Vader is, as far as I'm concerned, practically inconcievable. If they bring him back, they stupidly undo his perfectly done demise and if they go ahead without him, it probably won't even feel like Star Wars.

How exactly do you fix a problem like that?
Force ghost? Nope, he'd look Anakin.
Time travel? Not bloody likely.
Flashbacks? Star Wars doesn't do those.

It's a pickle.

I could see having a some Dark Jedi, Luke's fallen Jedi come back to kill their former Master. That would be pretty cool, I'm not sure how Ben would fall into it but I like that idea.

I think it's time for a Mandalorian anti-hero.

Could make for a badass supporting character.

What if the Hutts or some other intergalactic crime lords subsumed the remnants of the Imperial loyalists? I'd like to see the primary villains be crime lords waging turf wars that span a single planet, then two etc. The hero could be a Mandalorian mercenary who plays both sides.

@Wesley: Here's what they can do to move the new entries from Darth Vader. Tell a story that has some references to the OT (such as the integration of Imperial loyalists with the Hutts or other shady criminal organizations) but moves the story past the shadows of Vader. The narrative could also be tied into something--some event or character--from the Old Republic. This would set up a trilogy with "two" plots: the current one going foward, and the flashbacks to the Old Republic that integrate with the "current" plot.

I'd actually like to see a live-action take on the Vong, but I doubt they'd do that for this film. I could see the Vong as being a looming prescence which show sup next film, kind of like the retcon they did to Nom Anor where he showed up long before the Vong did in the books.

I'm ok with some Imperial Remenant stuff to start out with. Besides, we need a good excuse to see why the Empire didn't launch an invasion what with al those Destoyers they still had at the end of Jedi.

Considering the whole Clone Wars, Clone this, clone that...

...Darth Vader Clone.

Yup.

I said it.

*Ducks from incoming flames*

Yes, we can call him...Daarth Vaader

Jedi gone ZEALOT! A group that overemphasised on the battle aspects, bastardized the Jedi teachings, and on top of it forcibly want to convert or subdue everyone else. Something a little less black than sith, but still with the Jedi weapons.

Last edited:
Whoever the villain is should have some personal ties to Luke, which is conceivable given his high status.

Honestly the sequel trilogy is not going to be easy given that Return of the Jedi ended differently in the drafts that had these extra films in mind.

Luke was supposed to redeem his father but fail to defeat the Emperor (who is never even fully revealed and this sequence was to take place on Hadd Abadon which later became Courcesaunt in the prequels), Han was to die on Endor or a on a mission, Leia was not Lukes sister, and the movie was to end with Luke donning his hood and walking into the twin sunsets on Tatooine.

The movie was rewritten after the divorce and Lucas wanted to be done with Star Wars for awhile.

Other than little skirmishes, "bar brawls", etc. I'd like the main threats to be:
Episode VII - Imperial Remnant
Episode VIII - Lost Tribe of the Sith
Episode IX - Lost Tribe of the Sith

This has been suggested elsewhere, but it might be interesting to see Darth Plagueis - Sidious' master - make an actual appearance in the SW primary canon instead of just simply being referred to by Sidious.

I know Sidious pretty explicitely says that he (Plagueis) died in his sleep, but since they just recently canonically resurrected Darth Maul, resurrecting Plagueis by saying that he'd deceived his own apprentice into thinking he'd died, only to emerge years and years later might be a nice way to continue the thematic elements of the existing Saga while also moving things forward.

This has been suggested elsewhere, but it might be interesting to see Darth Plagueis - Sidious' master - make an actual appearance in the SW primary canon instead of just simply being referred to by Sidious.

I know Sidious pretty explicitely says that he (Plagueis) died in his sleep, but since they just recently canonically resurrected Darth Maul, resurrecting Plagueis by saying that he'd deceived his own apprentice into thinking he'd died, only to emerge years and years later might be a nice way to continue the thematic elements of the existing Saga while also moving things forward.

And the fact that Plagueis could have beent the Creator of Anakin Skywalker would make it even more interesting.

I'd rather Plagueis stay dead. There's a whole mess of Dark Side adepts who fancy themselves to be Sith that could cause a lot of trouble.

Dark Side Undead, a Sith Lich unleashed from the Valley of the Dark Lords on the Sith tomb world Korriban. He unleashes a biomechanical plague upon the galaxy that infects both flesh and machine, from Ewoks to Starships. The infected are used to create a horrifying biomechanical fleet that consumes entire worlds like locusts, collecting biomass and resources to build a massive megastructure called the Annulus.

The Annulus is a biomechanical megastructure both alive and dead that can open a gate through an ancient hyperspace barrier into the unknown regions, where an unimaginable horror of galactic proportions awaits.

Dark Side Undead, a Sith Lich unleashed from the Valley of the Dark Lords on the Sith tomb world Korriban. He unleashes a biomechanical plague upon the galaxy that infects both flesh and machine, from Ewoks to Starships. The infected are used to create a horrifying biomechanical fleet that consumes entire worlds like locusts, collecting biomass and resources to build a massive megastructure called the Annulus.

The Annulus is a biomechanical megastructure both alive and dead that can open a gate through an ancient hyperspace barrier into the unknown regions, where an unimaginable horror of galactic proportions awaits.

Sounds like the Yuuzhan Vong. :p

Oooo, very Borg meets Lovecraft. Cool, but maybe a bit much. Would make a great Elseworlds story.

Don't flame me, but i've always wanted a Mandalorian Sith type of villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"