The Force Awakens Villains in the next Star Wars movie

I'm not a big fan of the Clone Palpatine Concept from the Expanded Universe.

The only villain I liked in the EU was Xizor from Shadows of the Empire.

My 3 favorite EU villains are Xizor, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Galen Marek / Starkiller.

Thanos.

Oh, you meant Star Wars villains?

Hmmm.

Okay, Darth Thanos.

I don't want to see the Sith in this movie period. Save them for a future film. Use a new kind of villain this time around.

I really hope we don't see any more Hutts. Mr. and Mrs Hutt from Phantom menance.. and Baby Hutt from Clone Wars was ALL I could take. The Hutts should have just stayed in ROTJ. But I would like to see a Hutt equivalent, but a new species that we haven't seen that take over their place in Tatooine.. or somthing.

Maybe some Dark Jedis who believe they're doing the right thing could be the new villains. Each one could have a different and itneresting specialty, expanding upon the usual concept of the force this time, instead of only expanding upon light saber styles.

Death Watch or a mandalore villain is my preference
the Night sisters should follow

I want a Sith army. To hell with that crap about how they're so unstable that there can only be two of them at a time. I want to see a legion of vicious killers slaughtering millions of people across the galaxy.

Maybe a Sith army should be left for Prequels, i mean, Luke just beat the Empire, would be weird for an army of Sith to suddenly appear.

It has to be the Sith/Dark Jedi (so we get lightsaber duels). The Sith, however, will likely be able to offer up a better threat to the Galaxy then just a group of Dark Jedi. So, yeah, likely will be the Sith.

It's Star Wars so I guess there has to be a Sith as the villain in this, but I think it would be cool if he/she DOESN'T fight with a lightsaber.

Depending on if there is both a Skywalker and Solo child, the Dark Jedi should be one of them, struggling to live up to both Anakin and Luke, as well as wondering whether they could fall to the Dark Side like Anakin did. Always emphasise they're a shade of grey though.

The Separatist/Imperial threat should be a threat similar to the Vong. A threat that's separate from the Sith and a threat to the force itself, both light and dark.

Maybe a Sith army should be left for Prequels, i mean, Luke just beat the Empire, would be weird for an army of Sith to suddenly appear.

That's true, but it's been 30 years since then, so perhaps they've been quietly building an army.

And since cloning is a major part of Star Wars, if they just had one Sith, they could theoretically make a million of them.

Maybe Sidious was secretly training an army of Sith. He did seem to go it his own way and be so chaotic that he didn't care for any Sith tradition or whatever.

So I heard a rumor that the villain definitely won't be a Sith. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Kinda doubt there won't be a Force sensitive villain up in the mix, i actually liked the idea in the Thrawn trilogy where the main villain was just a briliant tactician without force powers, while that other Dark Jedi was helping him in order to further his interests.

Been thinking about it, and it's possible that Darth Maul could return eventually, he survived in the canon Clone Wars show, with Palpatine stating he has other plans for him. I also like the idea of Darth Plagueis, even though it would kinda go against the moral of his story.

Either way, i just hope the next threat doesn't feel forced, it will be a difficult task, considering the 6 films did have a complete story centered around Anakin.

I'd like either Darth Bane or Darth Revan

I think it kind of has to be a Sith Lord in some fashion, but it's unlikely to be one we've seen in the EU. I think the film will try to stay as far away from the established EU as possible, so it's most likely going to be somebody completely new.

They already said they won't be using the EU, yet people keep thinking they will.

The villains will be all new, but I agree about not using the Hutts. If there is a secondary, "hidden" bad guy like Jabba was in the OT, I want them to be a new alien race.

I love that they're trying to resurrect the feel and look of the OT, but they need to have new aliens and characters to make this trilogy stand on its own, as well.

Wonder if Boba Fett escapes from the sarlac? Still got 970 years before it's digested him! He'd be good as a villain in the new Star Wars. Surprising how many people rate him as their favorite character.

An interview from May 2002 has another interesting quote from Lucas where he makes reference to a possible future film: "The challenge for me is telling a six-part story: so in Episode I there are things that I have to get in that refer to Episode VII — no, hang on, we're not there yet. I mean Episode IV."

Could this mean that Darth Maul may have a role in the future of the Saga?

Those news are old, and have aparently proven to be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"