Daredevil Vincent D'Onofrio Cast as Kingpin!

Most superhumans? He seems to be on par with Thor although Thor is stronger, which means he's stronger than Iron Man, also Hulk is stronger. In a Luke Cage interview it was also stated that he's on par with Loki.

I think as a peak human he'd be able to hold his own. After all this all just fiction and entertainment, if they wanted him to be a peak human standing with superhumans, they would. Daredevil isn't even peak human but he's going to be a leader of a team with 2 superhumans.

Indeed. But if he does end up being a villain, there'd still be some sweet & interesting fight scenes

Thor and Hulk are routinely at the top of the Marvel pantheon in terms of strength, so yeah, I think it's pretty accurate to say that Loki is stronger than most Superhumans. Characters that can surpass Hulk and Thor in terms of raw power usually end up being cosmic entities or god-like beings.

Now, in terms of Luke Cage, going off the show, I'm not really sure where he stands. He's obviously superhuman, but how superhuman? That remains to be seen. He's only gone against another human in a power suit and Jessica Jones, and we don't have any context for how powerful those two are compared to MCU heroes.

That said, at the end of the day, Fisk is still clearly nowhere near MCU's Cap, or superhuman in any way. So I don't see them having Kingpin pull off a fight with Spider-man, outside him utilizing some kind of suit in the way Diamondback did.

I'd have to agree with that consensus. This Kingpin does seem to be at peak level, but not superhuman. Of course, they could always up the level he's at over time but as it stands I couldn't see him going against a superhuman and coming out of it the winner.

I am comfortable saying Luke Cage is nowhere near Thor strength. Thor grappled with the Hulk, and casually overpowered Iron Man. Luke Cage is *maybe* stronger than Captain America.

I finally finished season 2 of Daredevil, I really hope Fisk pops up in The Punisher, I want round 2 between them.

Thor and Hulk are routinely at the top of the Marvel pantheon in terms of strength, so yeah, I think it's pretty accurate to say that Loki is stronger than most Superhumans. Characters that can surpass Hulk and Thor in terms of raw power usually end up being cosmic entities or god-like beings.

Now, in terms of Luke Cage, going off the show, I'm not really sure where he stands. He's obviously superhuman, but how superhuman? That remains to be seen. He's only gone against another human in a power suit and Jessica Jones, and we don't have any context for how powerful those two are compared to MCU heroes.

That said, at the end of the day, Fisk is still clearly nowhere near MCU's Cap, or superhuman in any way. So I don't see them having Kingpin pull off a fight with Spider-man, outside him utilizing some kind of suit in the way Diamondback did.
this is the ign interview I was talking about. luke cage is supposed to be as strong as loki but if they dumb down his strength for whatever peculiar reason then i'm going to be annoyed.

as for kingpin, i still think he is somewhere near MCU cap's strength, but as we continue the discussion of him being just peak human, as a peak human he's had fights with spiderman in the comics. so why not make it happen in a movie?

I am comfortable saying Luke Cage is nowhere near Thor strength. Thor grappled with the Hulk, and casually overpowered Iron Man. Luke Cage is *maybe* stronger than Captain America.
maybe stronger? Luke Cage was knocking people out with a flick of his finger. he's waaaay stronger than cap, who's at the earliest possible stage of superhuman

I finally finished season 2 of Daredevil, I really hope Fisk pops up in The Punisher, I want round 2 between them.

I was thinking that same thing. And considering how Fisk plans to use Punisher/has used him, I think it's a very good possibility of that happening. *fingers crossed*

I was thinking that same thing. And considering how Fisk plans to use Punisher/has used him, I think it's a very good possibility of that happening. *fingers crossed*

but then only one of them will walk away...

this is the ign interview I was talking about. luke cage is supposed to be as strong as loki but if they dumb down his strength for whatever peculiar reason then i'm going to be annoyed.

as for kingpin, i still think he is somewhere near MCU cap's strength, but as we continue the discussion of him being just peak human, as a peak human he's had fights with spiderman in the comics. so why not make it happen in a movie?

maybe stronger? Luke Cage was knocking people out with a flick of his finger. he's waaaay stronger than cap, who's at the earliest possible stage of superhuman
They are fictional characters so they can really be as strong or weak as whoever wants them to be.

They are fictional characters so they can really be as strong or weak as whoever wants them to be.
not really. depending on who you mean by whoever. because I for one sure did not want cap to be as strong as he is in the MCU, am I not a part of whoever?

They are as strong or as weak as they are actually portrayed in the story. Which, if the story is supposed to be any good, had best be reasonably consistent. If the writer changes this up at random whim, it doesn't mean their strength is variable. It means the writer is crap.

I third that motion. Just wouldn't be right for Fisk to not appear in the Punisher's series. Especially when the actors work so damn well together.

They just need a good setup to explain why Frank doesn't kill him.

What was his reason in the books? Too much pull?

Iffy writing, by and large. They just tried to avoid the issue. There is a no prize/headcanon explanation connected to one time the Kingpin had Punisher brainwashed, but it certainly doesn't have any actual existence in the comics.

I feel like him being almost too connected even for Punisher to be wary of the consequences of laying a finger on him would be plausible. Show how much of a big timer he is.

Agreed. I've been mulling over that same thing & that's the safest way to play it. Obviously, considering how popular they are & how great the actors are, it'd be foolish to have either ever actually kill the other. If that's the reason why it doesn't happen, I'm all for it.

He is the Kingpin, after all.

It’s been so great to watch you play Wilson Fisk in Daredevil!

D’ONOFRIO: Oh, thank you!

People want to see that character return so badly. Do you know when he’ll be back?

D’ONOFRIO: He will, eventually. Honestly, I wish I knew ‘cause I could plan my year better. I know he will come back, I just don’t know when. I can’t wait to find out. I’m totally into the Marvel stuff, big time. I want to do Marvel, all the time. I love it so much ‘cause they’re so creative over there. They let you bring this whole new thing to an iconic thing that they invented. It’s just so much fun. I love it to death. I want to see Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. There’s something about those movies. I dig the s*** out of them. I’ve been tweeting back and forth with James Gunn, about doing something with him because I love Guardians of the Galaxy so much.
http://collider.com/vincent-donofrio-emerald-city-wilson-fisk-interview/#daredevil

I can't wait for him to return in season 3.

If he likes Kingpin so much, why does he not seem open to playing the character in a Spider-Man movie?

Where did you get that from? D'Onofrio has said that he would like to be in a Spider-Man movie.

Yeah. He just doesn't see it happening anytime soon.

Has nothing to do with him being open for it since it all goes back to the beef between Marvel TV and the films. And even if he wanted it, that wouldn't happen. Even Downey Jr. indicated he'd be interested in popping up on Agents of SHIELD- for whatever reason- but there's all that red tape.

If he likes Kingpin so much, why does he not seem open to playing the character in a Spider-Man movie?
He's been open about it before and I'm sure he'd love to do it. The problem is there's very little chance of it ever actually happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"