Visualizing A Superman Reboot: Pictures Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more Donnerverse Superman. Give superman, a fresh start. Similiar like superman for all seasons and ultimate superman concept

yea i as i said many times want to see a new look and feel for everything krypton, smallville, metropolis. Only thing i kinda would be fine with is keeping crystals around for data storage and the look of the fos but only that visual cue.

yea i never had the problem with that, just would need a slight design change so its not 100% like reeve's FOS set but crystal look/crystals-hologram tech is a nice thing to go. But like i said ice world for krypton has to go. its time for something new.

I would still like to see something more inventive with the fortress or else it's just borring. I mean look at the size of the thing, it's huge. But how much have we ever seen? Exactly. We see him standing at the console and that's it. A new design could give us something to explore and under the right art direction would acutually be interesting. You could distinguish one room from another. Look at Superman:Doomsday animated movie. The fortress was pretty cool. Also here are a few other depictions of it. As long as they make it worthwhile to see they i could go for anything. But if he has this huge fortress but only stands in one room with a console. What's the point?

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/comics/pages/fortress-of-solitude.shtml

http://www.comicvine.com/fortress-of-solitude/34-41185/all-images/108-220483/screen01/105-609251/

http://www.comicvine.com/fortress-of-solitude/34-41185/all-images/108-220483/79399-fortress-of-solitude/105-95415/?offset=10

I think the the FOS should be destroyed in the new movie, making Superman forever lose his connection to his father and Krypton (tear). And then have him seriously pummel whoever did it (Hooray!)

I'd like krypton to look something like this but with more color:

kryptonscan.jpg

I don't know if there is a costume thread, but what about something like this without the mask, either as kryptonian battle armor, something he creates to protect himself from kryptonite or the main suit:

365838109381283811super.jpg

ksuit.jpg

like some of us have mentioned before some of the star wars planet/cities like cloud city/naboo/and that one starting with a C i dont recall the correct spelling off hand would be a nice mix of looks that would be great to see.

like some of us have mentioned before some of the star wars planet/cities like cloud city/naboo/and that one starting with a C i dont recall the correct spelling off hand would be a nice mix of looks that would be great to see.

Coruscant, IIRC. Personally, I'd like to see something akin to Rapture from Bioshock.
images

With iron man they brought in Adi Granov, an amazing concept artist who'd worked on the Iron Man comic in the past did a great job in visulizing a more realistic look for the character. A lot of his designs were used for the film.

What concept/comic artist would you like to see brought on to help visualize the new Superman film?

My first thought is Lee Bermejo. He illustrated the Superman strip in "Wednesday's Comics" and has a more realistic take on the character than most other comic artist.

bermejosuperman.jpg

bermejosuperman01.jpg

As i'd like to see more technology involved in the new film i'd also like Doug Chiang, on of the head concept artist from Star Wars Epi 1 and 2, to be brought on. He's amazing at visualizing robots.

doug-chiang-standoff.jpg

Also whoever was the designer for Sonny in I-Robot, i think he'd bring some interesting ideas to Brainiac.

sci0804irobot_A.jpg

Also as for the things i'd like to see onscreen, let's highlight the fantasy/scifi elements of superman. With supes you can do things that simply wouldn't work with other heroes like this:

supsvsmonkey.jpg

not advocating anything goofy, but something that's a little whimsical but really fun to see and would lead to fantastic action on the big screen.

yea i as i said many times want to see a new look and feel for everything krypton, smallville, metropolis. Only thing i kinda would be fine with is keeping crystals around for data storage and the look of the fos but only that visual cue.

Gotta appriciate the irony of a post starting with 'as i said many times' which is then triple posted.

Kudos

:hehe:

sorry didnt noticed it posted multi times board been acting up on me from time to time. Also those art above look great.

I want to see this on the big screen when brainiac or mongul arrives:

800pxnewyork.jpg

nice cast. i'd probably go with olivia wilde or anne hathaway for lois. about superman and jor-el casting: SPOILER ALERT:[BLACKOUT]they played father and son in the count of monte cristo[/BLACKOUT]

its sad that that article says cavill is not being sought out. i don't like the idea of a seasoned superman, especially when they are looking at actors in their very late 30s and 40s? gonna hurt come sequel time, maybe. baffling nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"