Reboot Superman with The Legion?

Superman is a 1000x bigger gamble than Green Lantern or any other property they own. If the next movie doesn't do well, Superman is OVER! Do you think if the next movie fails, there going to reboot the new reboot? There is way too much money riding on this franchise. That's all that matters to them! They don't care what the fans want, or how high the percentage on the Tomatoemeter says. And like you said comic fans and Superman fans in general only make up about 10-15 million dollars in box-office tickets. So, we can all say want we want to happen or what would make a great Superman movie, but if the WB decides to have a new Superman movie with the cast and crew of Twilight we're screwed. Warner Brothers owns the property, so unfortunately they can do whatever the hell they want.
Not really. People love Superman and the movie will have to be really terrible to not be even a bit successful. Even if it fails massively like Batman & Robin, Superman is Superman and after a few years that the storm will have passed they will try again. Because its a proven franchise.

On the other hand only comic book fans know who GL is. And they will have to do a great job promoting it to pull the masses. Not to mention that its based on a less realistic superhero and the general audience cant stomach large doses of unrealism or "its cheesy". Space monks and Jar Jar Binks are just fine it seems. They arent a comic book franchise and they dont have the stigma.
If the GL movie is a success, they will do another one. If not, then they will probably not try again. So its a bigger bet with Green Lantern.
but if the WB decides to have a new Superman movie with the cast and crew of Twilight we're screwed.
Actually, with that cast no male will find the movie good, but it will pull the masses and give Superman a successful movie franchise that might bear fruit at some point. So the question is, do i want a Twilight Superman movie or no Superman movie? Its a hard one...

Last edited:
^Robert Pattinson as Superman? No thanks. I'd rather have no movie than see Superman Twilighted up.

totally we have no clue how things could possible go for any films. All we do need is a good story, as well done cast, a director that understands and gets the characters. Then promote the property right and who knows how it could go. We movie fans are very fickle like tv viewers. There is so many things out there now and all that.

I'm going to try to get this thread back on track. I Know the Legion isn't everyone's ideal Superman movie. I just wanted to know if it would be accepted by most fans, especially since there is always a debate between Superman fans (whether it's love/hate for Superman Returns or PRE/POST Crisis). Think of a legion movie as a plan B,or C.

A better example is the Sgt. Rock movie Warner Brothers is preparing. The WWII Nazi fighting Soldier Sgt. Rock is going to be fighting ....in the future....in space. I understand that period films don't sell well and that's why they're going with the future plot, but if it was up to me, I rather not have any Sgt. Rock movie at all than this one. But just like Watchmen, they're going to make the movie they want to make even if everyone tells them not to. And just like Watchmen it'll probably get pretty good reviews and VERY LITTLE MONEY! But if that's their choice, then we can't do anything about it.

Judging by most of the posts in this thread, I don't think too many people would have a problem with a Legion movie. Most of the comments have been:
-I don't think it'll work
-I rather see a traditional Superman movie
-I'm not a fan of the Legion

Since there are always so many debates with Superman fans, I think it's a pretty good sign that there hasn't been much hatred towards the idea. I haven't heard anyone say they'd boycott it or that a Legion movie would rape their childhood! That's not too bad at all!

But again, I really doubt this movie would ever have the chance of happening. If it wasn't for JJ's Star Trek, Geoff Johns' love of the Legion, and the fact that the Legion is the only part that hasn't been done in ALL of the different live-action Origins, then I never would have brought it up.

Also, The Legion might be a better choice because of the whole lawsuit thing (No krypton,Lex,Daily Planet etc.), but since that crap is confusing as hell I don't know if it would help or not.

Not really. People love Superman and the movie will have to be really terrible to not be even a bit successful. Even if it fails massively like Batman & Robin, Superman is Superman and after a few years that the storm will have passed they will try again. Because its a proven franchise.

On the other hand only comic book fans know who GL is. And they will have to do a great job promoting it to pull the masses. Not to mention that its based on a less realistic superhero and the general audience cant stomach large doses of unrealism or "its cheesy". Space monks and Jar Jar Binks are just fine it seems. They arent a comic book franchise and they dont have the stigma.
If the GL movie is a success, they will do another one. If not, then they will probably not try again. So its a bigger bet with Green Lantern.
Actually, with that cast no male will find the movie good, but it will pull the masses and give Superman a successful movie franchise that might bear fruit at some point. So the question is, do i want a Twilight Superman movie or no Superman movie? Its a hard one...

Yeah only chicks would go see the film....Twilight works like that cause its more of a drama/romance movie, Superman is action/sci-fi mainly....So no Twilight crew....We do not need super models/poor actors.....Movie be just as an epic fail as B&R.

You saying Superman should not be special?....Also bascially he was weaker then everyone in the Legion or they all were on the same level minus a few being stronger then the other?.....Also you think Batman thinks Clark do not know what he be doing at times?

Superman isn't special. Superman has equals in the legion and Mon-El is considered 'mightier' than him. Saturn Girl could stop Superman alone. The point is, yes they are better characters and more powerful characters and thinking about it, I wouldn't want to waste the Legion on Superman. Legion could be one of the best and most relevant superhero movies ever if it went with Mark Waid's generational conflict idea. Think about what its like when students rebel and you have what Legion should be

I'm going to try to get this thread back on track. I Know the Legion isn't everyone's ideal Superman movie. I just wanted to know if it would be accepted by most fans, especially since there is always a debate between Superman fans (whether it's love/hate for Superman Returns or PRE/POST Crisis). Think of a legion movie as a plan B,or C.

A better example is the Sgt. Rock movie Warner Brothers is preparing. The WWII Nazi fighting Soldier Sgt. Rock is going to be fighting ....in the future....in space. I understand that period films don't sell well and that's why they're going with the future plot, but if it was up to me, I rather not have any Sgt. Rock movie at all than this one. But just like Watchmen, they're going to make the movie they want to make even if everyone tells them not to. And just like Watchmen it'll probably get pretty good reviews and VERY LITTLE MONEY! But if that's their choice, then we can't do anything about it.

Judging by most of the posts in this thread, I don't think too many people would have a problem with a Legion movie. Most of the comments have been:
-I don't think it'll work
-I rather see a traditional Superman movie
-I'm not a fan of the Legion

Since there are always so many debates with Superman fans, I think it's a pretty good sign that there hasn't been much hatred towards the idea. I haven't heard anyone say they'd boycott it or that a Legion movie would rape their childhood! That's not too bad at all!

But again, I really doubt this movie would ever have the chance of happening. If it wasn't for JJ's Star Trek, Geoff Johns' love of the Legion, and the fact that the Legion is the only part that hasn't been done in ALL of the different live-action Origins, then I never would have brought it up.

Also, The Legion might be a better choice because of the whole lawsuit thing (No krypton,Lex,Daily Planet etc.), but since that crap is confusing as hell I don't know if it would help or not.
Again, I don't want to turn this into a debate.
:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"