Best cosmic none Avengers MCU movie so far?

You know, I felt Carol spent a lot of that movie trying to prove herself and it just didn't work - I guess the difference between Carol and Wonder Woman, is that despite being openly put down and treated as an inferior by men, Diana doesn't come across as having anything to prove - she doesn't have to show anyone she's awesome, she just is awesome - and she's not arrogant or overbearing.

Her attitude is like " Well I could stay here and listen to your sexist remarks and defeatist attitude, or I could go off and end World War I single handed. I'll be back in 15 minutes. Thanks." without ever having to say it

That makes sense, though, given the very different environments in which each gal was raised. Wondy was The Chosen One from birth, raised in a loving, supportive environment by her Amazon sisters. Carol was raised by her sexist a-hole father and made her bones in environments much more hostile to women. It makes sense that Carol would have a bit of an edge.

Her non traditional origin flick made it difficult to know Carol, but I'm glad Marvel Studios brought some of her comic book saltiness over to her movie. It doesn't shock me that she's not everyone's cup of tea.

Just watched Ragnarok on TV, really noticed the Kirby - esque designs on Sakar and the Grandmaster's palace. Some of the goons looked like mini Celestials.

That's a nice little homage, IMO.

Can't agree with you bro - even when she's doing the right thing, there's very little contrition - rather than " Oh my God I've murdered a bunch of innocents because of what you did to me" its just " Oh my God , look what you did to me."

Well I can't agree back :cwink:. Carol openly apologises to the Skrulls on Mar-vells ship. With tears in her eyes no less.

And then at the end, despite now knowing she is from Earth and has a life there, agrees to find the Skrulls a new home due to her acts against her people. I would say that's some contrition.

Well I can't agree back :cwink:. Carol openly apologises to the Skrulls on Mar-vells ship. With tears in her eyes no less.

And then at the end, despite now knowing she is from Earth and has a life there, agrees to find the Skrulls a new home due to her acts against her people. I would say that's some contrition.

Fair enough, I didn't feel the apology came across all that well- but that's about acting choices.

But you're right, she does go well out of her way to help the Skrulls at the end.

You are right and I agree with you.....................but it just doesn't come off...........right. Batmannerism is right, she does come off angry and aggressive when it's not needed at all. They have to change that if they want to turn her into one of the new big three of Marvel because, I'm calling it now, her sequel won't outdue the original if they keep her the same. I believe the only reason her movie made as much as it did is because it was a cosmic Marvel movie stuck between Infinity War and Endgame.

You are right and I agree with you.....................but it just doesn't come off...........right. Batmannerism is right, she does come off angry and aggressive when it's not needed at all. They have to change that if they want to turn her into one of the new big three of Marvel because, I'm calling it now, her sequel won't outdue the original if they keep her the same. I believe the only reason her movie made as much as it did is because it was a cosmic Marvel movie stuck between Infinity War and Endgame.
:highfive:

images

Fair enough, I didn't feel the apology came across all that well- but that's about acting choices.

But you're right, she does go well out of her way to help the Skrulls at the end.

Well Talos does kind of accept her apology straight away. And personally the apology came across well to me.

As for her acting angry, the Kree stole 6 years of her life, I would be angry too.

I realized no one vote for Captain Marvel...except me,haha..

I know many will prefer Ragnarok than CM (the two Guardians movie is not exactly my type of movie, so the decision is just CM and Thor).
But i chose Carol over Thor, despite Thor is my no.1 favorite Marvel hero.

It is not that I hate the movie, I love it ..
but I just prefer the cosmic visual in Captain Marvel than in Thor. Plus I love Skrull race! (Thanks to Secret Invasion book!).
That, and also I am a few fan who in minority who does not quite like a comedic Thor (I still love the movie, though). I can be said that I am more love Thor character from 616 than MCU.

Although Thor is more like his 616 character before Ragnarok (which I really love)

I know many will prefer Ragnarok than CM (the two Guardians movie is not exactly my type of movie, so the decision is just CM and Thor).

but I just prefer the cosmic visual in Captain Marvel than in Thor. Plus I love Skrull race! (Thanks to Secret Invasion book!).
That, and also I am a few fan who in minority who does not quite like a comedic Thor (I still love the movie, though). I can be said that I am more love Thor character from 616 than MCU.

Although Thor is more like his 616 character before Ragnarok (which I really love)
giphy.gif

And I can't say that I'm a fan of comedy Thor but then I thought about it: the original Superman movies were kind of comedies as well. The one thing I wish Marvel would do is show how strong Thor is. Hulk constantly picks up cars and other heavy objects but Thor never seems to have done it except in Infinity War with Rocket's ship. Even in the comics he doesn't do it to often either.

While I didn't vote for Captain Marvel, I have said in this very thread I find it under rated, so glad to see it get one vote at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"