Wally West debuts in the New 52

Oh God that is so ****ing terrible. No yellow? Red Lightning? Wow that's ****ing hilarious.

As a Halfrican American myself, I was excited to hear that another one of my favorite characters was going to be re-imagined as someone who looked a little more like me. The last time it happened, we got Miles Morales (who's part Latino as opposed to part white, but I wasn't gonna nit pick), and his story has been great!

However, making Wally a troubled youth was a HUGE let down. And already revealing his death really set up a bright future for him. Now, we finally see his costume and it looks hideous...

1) Every comicbook artist needs to go to a modern fashion and costume design bootcamp hosted by Kris Anka. He's the guy that's been kicking butt for Marvel's X-Men redesigns. That dude's stuff is on point, functional, fashionable, and tailored to the character he's drawing. As a result, THEY LOOK GOOD.

2) Someone needs to take away Brett Booth's pencils. And I don't mean remove his artwork from the comic, I mean literally take away his pencils so he can't use them. His work is not attractive, and that's me speaking as an artist myself, and a comic fan. I haven't seen one image of his I enjoyed since the New 52 began.

I love Barry. I've loved New 52 Flash so far. I loved Manapul's work. The news about bringing in Wally as a bi-racial teen was going to be another reason for me to love this book. But this has been a SERIOUS flub on DC's part. Poor form, DC. Poor form.

I just want to know why his mask doesnt cover his entire head, the way it is designed to show his hair just isnt working.

It's supposed to look like his Kid Flash suit mask, I think.

Also, anyone think it's funny when Wally was white, his costume was gold/yellow, now he's black it's silver/white :awesome:

800px-Luke_I_Am_Your_Father.jpg
Works

No one knows, he went out for a pack of Newports 13 years ago and never came back.
Like Adrian Monk's dad?

A second reverse Flash, like his uncle?

It just looks so... 90s. Like, Rob Liefield could have designed that. And called him X-Treme Cyberflash. And given him a gun bigger than his torso.

you'd think of all the artists they employ at DC, that at least one of them would be a good designer. the new 52 costumes have been overwhelmingly vomit inducing.

All I hope to see now is for him to be a great ally of Barry, and turn to be the Wally West everyone loves

Chances are he won't.

It's not that they made Wally black that is the problem its they used all the black teen stereotypes of the last 50 years .
1.broken home his dad walked out on him .
2.he's angry at the world.
3. Has a criminal record .
4. busted tagging a building .
5.has a white guy/cop feel bad and wants to help him .
6.uses bad slang words that nobody's use in 30 years just because some white guy thinks black teens talk like that .
7.and last but not least he's wearing a hoodie. :csad::csad:

at least wally still exist in the beyond universe
tumblr_mqa2doqxO31st3k82o4_1280.jpg

It's not that they made Wally black that is the problem its they used all the black teen stereotypes of the last 50 years .
1.broken home his dad walked out on him .
2.he's angry at the world.
3. Has a criminal record .
4. busted tagging a building .
5.has a white guy/cop feel bad and wants to help him .
6.uses bad slang words that nobody's use in 30 years just because some white guy thinks black teens talk like that .
7.and last but not least he's wearing a hoodie. :csad::csad:
You are right there, it does

I just checked CBR thread appreciating the original Wallace Rudolph West, and they loved your work on the new Wally costume, someone even used him as an avatar
It was you who made the edit, right?

Last edited:
You are right there, it does

I just checked CBR thread appreciating the original Wallace Rudolph West, and they loved your work on the new Wally costume, someone even used him as an avatar
It was you who made the edit, right?

No someone from the dc universe online forum did..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skaboss241
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"