Wally West....

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
...would have made a great regular on the show. I always felt Clark should have a super powered buddy, and Barry Allen could have dropped Wally off in Smallville to hone his skills stopping meteor freaks. Wally's personality would play excellent off this Clark Kent!

they already have bart. I don't think wally is needed.

they already have bart. I don't think wally is needed.

Umm.....Bart sucks!

And this would have happened before the Run episode or instead of the Run episode, and Wally would have been a regular character.

Again.....Bart sucks. That really pissed me off that they used Bart. Did they have a choice? I don't know, but if they did, why the hell did they use stupid little Bart Allen. The Flash should be either Barry Allen or Wally West!

why does it matter though? They're all flashes. It also seems to me that Bart has a little of wally in him too.

Venom, for the purposes of a SV forum, assume viewers only know Bart, which probably isn't too far from the truth considering SV attracts general audiences, not necessarily comic aficionados. Take into account test audiences needed to be *told* what Kryptonite was, that Clark Kent was Superman *before* wearing spandex, and that Clark really *doesn't* end up with Lana, so Bart is "Flash" to us.

With the assumption that SV fans might not have any clue about the other versions of Flash, why not explain the differences? Give us a run down of who is who and why you feel one version is better than another? Because this is Flash to SV fans:

This could make for an interesting thread, but know your audience. SV fans will automatically be supportive of Bart because... well... that's all they know. Just sayin. :)

Incidentally, the SV writers *were* limited to using Bart Allen, so they didn't have any choice in the matter.

I don't think you should be generalizing "SV Fans" like that, Patty. There's a good number of em that are also comic fans.

That being said, I do believe that the thread could be used better. Coming in and saying "WALLY SHUD B ON SMALLEVIL LOLO" is pretty limited. Instead of coming in and saying "Other flashes suck, and that's that" it would have been a good idea to give some background as to why Wally or Barry would be a better option.

I'm partial to Wally West, myself. Especially after recently re watching JLA and JLU. Michael Rosenbaum is perfect in his version of Wally.

On another note, when Bart intro'd, he had the flash motif going on, however, they made it a point to name him impulse, to coincide with the fact that while the older flashes are active, Bart is either Impulse or Kid Flash. I'm fairly certain that Wally and or Barry couldn't be used due to the possibility that one day someone might think about making a solo flash movie. or at least that's the way the suits think.

Yes, but for *some* people here, it might help to explain the difference. Assume people don't know.

*raising hand*

I don't know my Wally from my Bart from my Barry. Sue me. ;)

I'm sure those other guys are great, maybe even awesome - but I was totally charmed by SV's Bart, mostly due to the actor they cast and his chemistry with Tom. I loved their scenes together. I'd truly love to see Bart make a return appearance on SV and maybe drag Clark off for tacos in Mexico again. I still think Bart and Chloe would have made a cute couple. :D

It made more sense to use Bart in my mind cause he can travel through time to come back and travel around the time supes was alive, bart would do that Not Wally who or Barry, Bart is the mischevious. Jay Garrick is just kinda enjoying his time right now i suppose.

yeah I don't know much about any DC character except maybe Batman. I know just as much about Superman as the general audience knows (and all my knowledge comes from the Christopher Reeve movies). I would consider myself a Smallville fan before a Superman fan, I guess.

It made more sense to use Bart in my mind cause he can travel through time to come back and travel around the time supes was alive, bart would do that Not Wally who or Barry, Bart is the mischevious. Jay Garrick is just kinda enjoying his time right now i suppose.

I think it would be kinda cool if Smallville introduced Wally, around Clark's age. Who has speed force powers like Bart. Someone who watches over Bart and thanks Clark for the guidance that he's given him, or something. Keep Bart as impulse, and have Wally as Flash, that's simple enough.

The SV Flash annoyed me in the "Justice" episode for some reason.

I was never a fan of Bart Allen, but oh well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"