War Machine/Rhodey - Don Cheadle

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Iceman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. KevTravels Registered

There was that rumor of him getting a tv series. Might be difficult since his show Black Monday got renewed recently and it'll start filming by August/September.

2. KevTravels Registered

I'm pissed that we didn't see him lay the SMACKDOWN during the battle sequences. He had a new armor and everything. Though, when did he have the time to change into that considering he was nearly drowning?

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

The battle scenes could have done a better job of showing every character getting clearly involved in the action, even in group shots. No need to skip over some of them to an extent.

KevTravels likes this.
  4. KevTravels Registered

Agreed. It was far better in Infinity War. We knew what everyone was doing. This time around, the camera work was a bit sloppy or too fast. I'd get a glimpse of what someone was doing, but not entirely sure what they did.

5. Naglfar Registered

That's actually, a pretty good point.

KevTravels likes this.
  6. henry_9305 Registered

When Nebula said they are not the only one looking for power stone in 2014, I honestly thought they will have to fight Korath and his troops.

That would give Rhodey and Nebula a more memorable action scene.

7. KevTravels Registered

^THIS. I kept waiting for that to happen. they really skimped out on Rhodey's action this film in favor of giving him more dialogue.

8. KevTravels Registered

btw, what did you guys think of his new armor? what's been your fav of his so far?

9. thalidomide The Enemy

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but I noticed that Rhodey's suit changed after the end of the battle. When we saw him with Ant-Man, Hulk and Rocket, he's wearing his usual War Machine suit but at the end, he looks like a Terran Marine from Starcraft.

KevTravels likes this.
  10. MellyGeek Registered

Yea the Mk 7 armor is painted in the Iron Patriot scheme

11. KevTravels Registered

I really hope they go through with the idea of a series. I feel there's a crowd for it. But it needs to have a suitable budget (far more than the others).

Iceman likes this.
  12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Us fans need a (well-budgeted) series!

KevTravels likes this.
  13. TheUnknownX Find x.

War Machine's role went up & down throughout the MCU

Iron Man: Introduction, didn't do much. (Next time, baby!) Sorry Terrence!

Iron Man 2: War Machine debut. Complete badass.

Avengers: Missing in Action

Iron Man 3: We saw Rhodes in action but not War Machine. Wish we had a little scene where Tony actually called a War Machine for Rhodes and kicked ass together.

Age of Ultron: Had one good action scene. ("Show 'em what we got.") plus the War Machine story. Wish they left off the comedic scene with Vision stealing his kills and actually had War Machine eliminate them.

Civil War: This is the point where I think his character improved. Great fighting scenes and that little duo with Iron Man.

Infinity War: His best movie with him blowing up everything. Really liked his role on this one.

Endgame: Could not remember him doing anything besides knocking out Quill. and Cheez Whiz. Then again, i've only had the time to see the movie once.

KevTravels likes this.
  14. KevTravels Registered

You summed it up well. He seemed to have a nice moment with Nebula in Endgame as well.

They dropped the BALL on just letting him kick some ASS. Not sure why exactly. I really liked him in CW and also IW. He had a load of screentime in Endgame and was a bit of comic relief but sadly no action sequences.

15. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I think it's the same answer everyone seems to keep rejecting implicitly by continuing to post about "Why wasn't X done/in AEG?" posts.

It was already a three hour movie. Why didn't they do what each an every individual fan thought should be done?

It was already a three hour movie.

Why didn't they cut out what a fan thinks is unnecessary to make room for said fan's hypothetical "improved scene"? Probably because the directors and the producer looked at what was best for the story they wanted to tell which included having to decide what made the most sense to keep focused on and what was ultimately superfluous...

Because it was already a three hour movie.

It's often frustrating when they don't do what you think is best in a film but... Given what they delivered I think continual harping on why they didn't do everything the fans could conceive of AFTER seeing the film, mind you, is the definition of Monday morning quarterbacking, done for what is undoubtedly easily described as a winning game.

16. KevTravels Registered

Your point stands, but it's kinda aggravating when they've given him so little across the entire existence of the character.

Giving him the injury at least allowed him to stand (no pun intended) apart from the others. A few lines or a quick scene can easily solidify that.

It was a 3 hour film but they drove it home with a fat Thor. Surely we could have had that reduced in favor of something minor given to a few minor characters to utilize them rather than simply being there. Though, if it wasn't done up until this point; then it's ridiculous that they'd try and fix it with this film.

17. KevTravels Registered

18. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

KevTravels and THORin like this.
  19. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Probably because it's still in the planning stages and they might be saving it for a Phase 5 release.

KevTravels and Iceman like this.
  20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Guess so. I’m glad to get confirmation that it’s happening at least. Definitely one of the characters I wanted to get a mini-series.

21. Jake_Snake Registered

I love Don Cheadle as an actor and visually, I'm a huge fan of War Machine but I don't know, for some reason this character holds no emotional attachment to me.

He definitely needs a strong villain/antagonist to make it work. Perhaps they can bring back Justin Hammer. Sam Rockwell was so damn amazing in that role and I could see a chemistry between both.

22. KevTravels Registered

Good writing can make him compelling enough for even his haters.

23. CyclopsSummers Registered

Why he is so useless in final battle ?
    They gave him a new Mark but we didnt see him doing anything. this movie would be titled WASTE OF WAR MACHINE
    Russo brothers dont know to use characters when there are 50

KevTravels likes this.
  24. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

A stand alone War Machine series? ... eh... Now if it cameos other mcu characters and introduces new ones while segues into other series/films I'm all for that which is what I think all the D+ series will be about.

25. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, hopefully the shows will be like that.