Warner plans for the DC Movies revealed?

You know, I think Marvel's got to be pretty much chuckling that WB is basically ripping their model off at this point. Just saying, a company like TW and WB who own the DC Universe couldn't come up with a strong model and basically had to copy Marvel's.

Just saying, more ammo for Marvel and Quesada to use against DC/WB.
pfft, we've been talking about how WB should do solo-movies-first-before-team-movies way before it was called the Marvel format. sounds more to me like Marvel ripped us off :oldrazz:

Yeah WW, GL, and Supes won't be anywhere close to IM numbers let alone TDK numbers. Batman is all they have. The fact that they are modelling everything off that franchise speaks for itself. I don't see how this is suprising anyhow since Batman is probably the most popular, favored superhero long before any of these SH movies were coming out.
no, Superman was the longest favored superhero before any other superhero came out, including Batman. and i'm not even referring to comics or TV shows (from which the precedence is even more apparent), i'm just referring to superhero movies. you're forgetting about Donner's Superman movie starring Christopher Reeve. yes it may be dated now, but if you're looking for that one superhero movie that started the rest of the lot, its that. the Batman franchise just have an amazing way of reinvigorating things when the slate gets dull.

I liked Routh as Superman . I would of prefered a sequel but with more action .

i cant see wb making any other films other than batman and maybe superman. they dont seem to want to take a chance on any other dc comic characters.
they keep going for bad scripts like justice league and this supermax film. why make this film. if they are set on making the film take it to marvel and write it so the punisher can be in it.

pfft, we've been talking about how WB should do solo-movies-first-before-team-movies way before it was called the Marvel format. sounds more to me like Marvel ripped us off :oldrazz:

no, Superman was the longest favored superhero before any other superhero came out, including Batman. and i'm not even referring to comics or TV shows (from which the precedence is even more apparent), i'm just referring to superhero movies. you're forgetting about Donner's Superman movie starring Christopher Reeve. yes it may be dated now, but if you're looking for that one superhero movie that started the rest of the lot, its that. the Batman franchise just have an amazing way of reinvigorating things when the slate gets dull.

Well... for modern day standards... Batman is well ahead of Superman, whom as fallen out of favor to many Marvel characters these days. That won't change for a while. And I doubt WB seriously had plans of tying in all there solo movies into a justice league movie when they relaunched Batman and Superman. They were either going to make a crossover film off the bat or just relaunch the individual franchises. Marvel did the right thing by securing the characters they had to have for Avengers. Now WB is following suit... but I have my doubts on whether it will fall exactly into place. Marvel has a much better shot as of now of linking four or more franchises into a cross over film while maintaining 100% continuity. WB has its work cut out for them.

TDK is at 802 mill w.w., which is more than Spidey 2 and not far behind 1 and 3.

http://www.boxofficeguru.com/intlarch6.htm

Now it is but ever since this movie has come out people have been acting like its the most successful comic book movie by far when thats not the case. Dont get me wrong it was an incredible film and has done well but lets not be mistaken to say marvel are biting their nails in suspense of warner/dc's actions!

Try telling FlawlessVictory that. :whatever:

Actually, I had no problem with Routh. I had a problem with how his character was written along with problems with real estate Lex, Bosworth as Lois, the manner in which Jason was introduced, etc... But make no mistake about it, Routh is very replaceable and he has to be when this reboot begins.

You know, I think Marvel's got to be pretty much chuckling that WB is basically ripping their model off at this point. Just saying, a company like TW and WB who own the DC Universe couldn't come up with a strong model and basically had to copy Marvel's.

Just saying, more ammo for Marvel and Quesada to use against DC/WB.

Marvel Studios had the right plan all along and thank God WB wised up and is taking the same route. I don't mind that WB has to "copy" Marvel's plans, Marvel's way of going about it is the right way to do it, and to not do it just because Marvel is already doing it would just be stubborn on WB's part.

Saying that, I think WB could care less what Marvel and Quesada have to say about them. And what can Marvel and Quesada exactly do with this "ammo"? :huh: The fact that WB/DC is adopting Marvel's plan is actually bad news for Marvel because we all know that going with Justice League: Mortal first would have been a complete catastrophe and probably would have set WB back with their live action DC superheroes not named Batman 10 years. Now, more solo DC movies first means more competition for Marvel and I doubt that's something Marvel is looking forward to.

Saying that, I think WB could care less what Marvel and Quesada have to say about them. And what can Marvel and Quesada exactly do with this "ammo"? :huh: The fact that WB/DC is adopting Marvel's plan is actually bad news for Marvel because we all know that going with Justice League: Mortal first would have been a complete catastrophe and probably would have set WB back with their live action DC superheroes not named Batman 10 years. Now, more solo DC movies first means more competition for Marvel and I doubt that's something Marvel is looking forward to.

Especially if WB keep them at the same critical and financial level that The Dark Knight was, I think WB is going to take more risks than what Marvel is, Marvel can't really afford to do the same as they've got no other films to fall back on, hence WB are in the better position to throw the ball around a bit more and chance their arm at trying different things for each character.

Routh wasn't the problem...but if they reboot he can't be in it people will be confused.

Marvel Studios had the right plan all along and thank God WB wised up and is taking the same route. I don't mind that WB has to "copy" Marvel's plans, Marvel's way of going about it is the right way to do it, and to not do it just because Marvel is already doing it would just be stubborn on WB's part.

Marvel's way hasn't worked yet. It looks good on paper, but there's no script, director, cast, etc. for Thor and we don't know how compatible Thor will ultimately be with the rest of Marvel's superhero properties, for example. Or for Captain America either. Marvel basically has to hit on all cylinders for 4 movies in a row before they can really proclaim it a successful plan.

In theory, it may be sound, but that doesn't mean it will actually work. In theory, a rebooted Hulk with lots more action should have worked, and in actuality it barely made more than Ang Lee's version.

Well it was a better film then the lee one the only problem with marvel there is they didnt promote it enough to get the general fans to pack it. But its probably going to do a killing in dvd sells.

Now it is but ever since this movie has come out people have been acting like its the most successful comic book movie by far when thats not the case. Dont get me wrong it was an incredible film and has done well but lets not be mistaken to say marvel are biting their nails in suspense of warner/dc's actions!
The Dark Knight is going to finish at a little over 1 Billion world wide - to even bring up the world wide argument is silly. You can't compare a film that hasn't finished its run to three films that have.

The thing is, if we are go by the reports, then WB is now copying the model that Marvel has set up.

People keep saying this...

What model has Marvel set up, exactly? Choosing decent directors to make films about good characters? Starting over when one of their movies about a character doesn't perform as well as they'd have liked?

That's not exactly a new business practice in the moviemaking industry. I mean, yes, Marvel is the first studio to have "interconnecting superhero scenes", but...

but it is the most successful superhero movie by far. sure not with inflation but there are a lot of factors that go into inflation like people dont see as many movies because its more expensive w/tickets and gas, plus the newer alternate ways of watching movies. so really if spiderman and other movies came out today they wouldnt be as successful for those reasons

but it is the most successful superhero movie by far. sure not with inflation but there are a lot of factors that go into inflation like people dont see as many movies because its more expensive w/tickets and gas, plus the newer alternate ways of watching movies. so really if spiderman and other movies came out today they wouldnt be as successful for those reasons

TDK will be the top grossing superhero film of all time, unadjusted and adjusted. Right now TDK has $489 mil. Spider-Man is the only superhero film ahead of it (adjusted) at $491 mil. So that won't last much longer.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Hahaha James Cameron would never do any of these comic book flicks. He mostly does original stuff but he is interested on doing a Battle Angel movie. Peter Jackson might do superman vs. batman or JLA or The Avengers since he has no film after the lovely bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"