Was Cap being able to hold his own in battle against Iron Man believable to you?

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by See Cap Run, Jun 21, 2016.

?

Was it believable to you that Cap could hold his own in battle against Iron Man?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. auditor Registered

Yes the fight with Iron Man was believable, but his fight with Spider-Man? I thought was unbelievably far fetched. When Spider-Man had Cap webbed and they both pulled on those webs tug of war style, Cap won. That is impossible. The sheer amount of force tugging on Spider-Man's arms while webslinging through the air is by itself way more force than Cap could pull off. In reality caps arms would have came right off of his body.

If caps was that strong he never would have been phased by that high fall. He'd have landed on his feet like Spider-Man.

2. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Which high fall? Given there have been quite a number of high falls that Cap has utterly shrugged off. And before you say it, Spider-man would be bruised and winded if he took the 10 story jump from Winter Soldier without a web line, too.

3. auditor Registered

I think he would actually land on his feet.

4. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

While true, that's more a matter of Spider-man's superior reflexes, IMO.

5. the5timechamp Registered

Winter Soldier threw a big punch at Spidey with his metal arm and had spidey casually catch his fist... if spidey negated the one physical advantage bucky had over cap so casually then fighting cap should have been manageable.... then again, if youre the headliner...

6. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

:up: Cap had plenty of trouble fighting TWS in the last movie also. He shouldn't have been able to over power Spidey at all.

7. Steamteck Registered

That punch catch was the moment of unbelievably for me but then I prefer classic Spider-Man to modern Uber Spider-Man.

8. Steamteck Registered

Watch again , there is a big dent in the helmet where Thor head butted him.

9. Capsfan Registered

To be fair, Bucky in WS mode is much more ruthless. In the airport he looked like he was holding back, which makes sense since he promised Steve not to kill anyone. So he recognized Spidey as a kid and decided not to use his full strength.

10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Given what we've seen Bucky do, why is "having trouble" with him supposed to be a bad thing? He's pretty much just as superhuman as Steve is.

11. Tacit Ronin Registered

It was far more believable than him taking on Iron Man (even a gimped one).

12. harryoscop Registered

In my opinion, Cap overpowering Spidey didn't make sense:[​IMG]
    :shrug:

nor did him taking on Iron Man.

#112 harryoscop, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  13. Bren Forevernoob

In a 'Captain America' film, it made perfect sense :D

14. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I saw cap outfighting Spidey, I didn't see it as overpowering him in the slightest.

To me, Cap was just strong enough to not get totally mowed over by Spidey...as long as he fought smart and didn't get cocky.

15. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Yeah, that's my take. The IM fight though... I get it, it's Cap's film and all but it's a bit much to think ANYTHING Bucky and Cap had or innate strength, should have had the slightest effect on armor that took a tank shell with little effect. Hell, the fact that IM can attain the speeds he does really means that any blows to him that Cap and Bucky made shouldn't be felt at all.

[YT]djXLI95GJKQ[/YT]

[YT]2yAJSTXkpQY[/YT]

16. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

There was a part in the fight which showed Cap overpowering Spidey, Spidey has Caps arms webbed from behind, and Cap is able pull his arms forward with enough force to also throw Spidey, while Spidey was trying to hold back his arms with webbing.

Agreed, for me they shouldn't have been able to do the damage to the armour they did. Bucky holding IM against the wall with arm was the worst offender when IM is strong enough to carry a tank.

17. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I saw that too but don't take it like that at all.