Arrow Arrow Season 3, Episode 4 "The Magician" General Discussion

If Ra's gave the order to kill Sara, maybe Talia is the executioner, it would explain Sara's reaction, the only thing off is why would Talia sound like a man with the voice changer. :hehe:

If Ra's gave the order to kill Sara, maybe Talia is the executioner, it would explain Sara's reaction, the only thing off is why would Talia sound like a man with the voice changer. :hehe:

I have heard once the voice is un-digitized it's a female's voice.

Since they were able to use Ra's they should be able to use Talia which I wouldnt mind.

It's been 3 episodes, since her death.

In the one after - it was Komodo they thought...in the one after, Oliver went to get Thea, in this last one it's Malcolm/Ras they've accused.

I don't think that warrants being sick of it and saying its rinse and repeat..It's two episodes..TWO

I agree it's not as interesting as it should be, but it's not like they've butchered that idea to the ground or something.

I'm just more disappointed this is the reason that the big bad is Ras because of Merlyn..:/

This, the season will have 22 episodes, we saw 4, why rush so much? A lot has happened in each episode, let's just enjoy all the characters development (and I mean, all of them, maybe not Roy, are getting a lot of development), the action have being so good, I don't really see the reason of all the complaining...

I have heard once the voice is un-digitized it's a female's voice.

I did too, but the episodes Sara used the voice changer, she still sounded female... but maybe Talia prefers a male voice or her voice changer had a bug or something. :oldrazz:

It's a look at what Arrow is like without Felicity.

In my opinion, it's a much better show. This week just felt SO MUCH better than previous weeks. I know some can't stand Laurel, but Felicity is making me feel somewhat like that, which is a shame, because EBR is a good actress and I used to enjoy her character.

IMO this week's episode was a contender for best of the series.

The Good:

- The Oliver/Nyssa/Malcolm confrontation. Easily one of the best and most engaging battles the series has ever done.

- Nyssa and Laurel being given the opportunity to bond over their mutual love for Sara. Their scenes were positively electric. And speaking of Laurel: I love what they're doing with her this season. Her story is becoming more and more engaging by the episode.

- John Barrowman and Katrina Law. 'Nuff said.

- Finally, finally getting a glimpse of Ra's al Ghul.

- The flashbacks are interesting again. Are we going to see the return of China White?

The Bad:

- Malcolm not being recognized or making an effort to disguise himself during his very public confrontation with Oliver.

- Oliver sharing everything with Thea but his most important secret. And how exactly was he going to pay for their lunch when he's supposed to be broke? Drawing attention to and laughing at the issue isn't the same as resolving it.

- Oliver believing Malcolm so easily and protecting him from harm. Why the bad place would he do either of those things?

The Okay:

- That unnecessary ash flip Roy pulled off while trying to defend Thea. :funny:

8/10. Bring on next week.

I love how the flip gets its own category :funny:

In my opinion, it's a much better show. This week just felt SO MUCH better than previous weeks. I know some can't stand Laurel, but Felicity is making me feel somewhat like that, which is a shame, because EBR is a good actress and I used to enjoy her character.

IMO this week's episode was a contender for best of the series.

I have to agree, I think the Felicity character is good in small doses but to often it feel like they shoehorn her into some scenes because they want to please her fanbase. The worst I find is all the Olicity fan servicing(having them make off hand comments at each other(saying stuff like "please be careful", Felicity telling Ollie not to kill), giving eachother blank stares, etc) that isn't needed. It seems like we get 1 or 2 of these moments every episode that it seems like the only purpose it to get fangirls to run to tumblr and post pics of it

Last edited:
flip9nyo3.gif

:lmao:

I feel like this Oliver/Thea situation is a little confusing, because what does Oliver know that Thea doesn't, and vice versa?

Thea doesn't know Oliver is the Arrow (at least so far we are told that she doesn't) and doesn't know about his operations and mostly what happened on the Island. Thea know mostly what Macom did and knows his alive because she went away with him and (apparently) is back to know what kind secrets have been kept from her.

Oliver doesn't know so far that Thea went away with Malcom to train and he thinks she doesn't know his alive and is trying to figure it out why she's different.

I think, so far, that's what've been shown on screen.

Thea doesn't know Oliver is the Arrow (at least so far we are told that she doesn't) and doesn't know about his operations and mostly what happened on the Island. Thea know mostly what Macom did and knows his alive because she went away with him and (apparently) is back to know what kind secrets have been kept from her.

Oliver doesn't know so far that Thea went away with Malcom to train and he thinks she doesn't know his alive and is trying to figure it out why she's different.

I think, so far, that's what've been shown on screen.

Hmm... I thought she did.. guess I am wrong :)

Now I know why Thea went with Nyssa so easily, to get away from Roy. "Hey murderous assassin, I'll go with you. Just get me away from this hoodie-wearing moron, I cannot take it anymore."

What makes it worse (or better) is the fact that he lands facing the car, but when he gets shot with the dart, he's facing the opposite direction. So not only did he do that crazy flip, he turned so Nyssa could see his good side before attempting any actual defense.

What makes it worse (or better) is the fact that he lands facing the car, but when he gets shot with the dart, he's facing the opposite direction. So not only did he do that crazy flip, he turned so Nyssa could see his good side before attempting any actual defense.

Not that he would have stood a chance anyway, but still funny.

I'm just more disappointed this is the reason that the big bad is Ras because of Merlyn..:/

I actually like it. It works. I was afraid he was coming to Starling City with the same agenda as Nolan's Ra's which would've just been...whatever. But this one works for me. It explains the WHY specifically Starling City and not some other DC city. It's better than having Ra's just show up for the sake of making him the new big bad.

I do think it might be a bit early for him. I like how in season 2 Slade wasn't revealed until the middle of the season as the villain.

Merlyn is a beast so glad he's back. Nice Ferris Air reference. The Nyssa Ollie Merlyn fight scene was decent. China White returns in the Hong Kong flashbacks. Holy **** was that Ra's at the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"