Was the action that much better?

DACrowe

Avenger
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong the SFX was awesome. In fact it easily surpasses either film in the SFX and CGI....but is the action or the actual sequences really any bit better.

All the one on ones were disappointing in X3 if non-existant other than a few bad romps with Juggy (knocked out by a wall) and the Callisto/Storm cat fights which the second one was mildly cool.

But look at the fight sequences that looked cool but had little intensity. Now compare that to the fight scene between Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike or Wolverine and Mystique. I mean sure Wolverine killed more people in this but it did not have the coolness factor or the intensity in the woodo or finale as it did in the mansion in X2 where he went ape**** on those men (seeing him say "You picked the wrong house bub," and nail the guy to the fridge is much cooler than him kill that annoying spike guy).

The climaxes in both films was far more intense (though it was less action and more character driven in X2, but X1 with less was much more edge of your seat inducing).

And before you say they didn't show the powers as well all I have to say is the Nightcrawler sequence. And as cool as the CGI was in the golden gate bridge scene the scene was rather boring as compared to say his escape scene in X2.

Just an observation though.

120 million in 4 days, it wasn't for the pathos.

I dont feel like reading all that. But yeah, considering the lack of action in the others it was alot better.

Though I really wanted Phoenix flames shooting out of Jean from every direction possible. :)

Seeing Beast taking out soldiers trumped the Deathstrike-Wolverine fight in X2. For me atleast.

The action was better; had a more comic book feel. Wolverine, though, was taken down a notch. Plus, its hard to picture Phoenix without the flames. (even though the dark eyes and veins were kinda cool)

WorthyStevens4 said:
Seeing Beast taking out soldiers trumped the Deathstrike-Wolverine fight in X2. In my opinion.
thats hard one

I'll agree that there was no secene that made me geek out as much as the first time I saw Wolverine go nuts on those guys in the mansion, but overall yes the action was better.

For one, Singer had a golden opportunity with Sabertooth and Wolverine in X1, and I'm sorry but he dropped the ball. It could have been Amazing, AMAZING, but we got weird wire ***** instead. I want a Wolverine/Sabertooth all out brawl, bloody and brutal, not the crap we got.

Overall, the action in X3 looked better and was more fun to watch. X3 did much better action secenes. I wish Ratner could have directed the Sabes/Wolvie fight, it would have been awesome. Heck look at the Juggernot Wolverine fight, that was sweet....thought I did find it kind of odd that Magneto said "no one gets in" and then Juggernot threw Wolverine into the house, but w/e.

It wasn't really all about the "action", but just the slightly larger use of powers is what I noticed..

-TNC

Yes. Yes it was.

That final battle was EVERYTHING i've ever wanted to see in an X-men Movie!

True, the wolverine/Sabretooth fight was underwhelming. In Singer's defense, though, he may have lacked the budget to go all out on that battle. It would also have helped if there was some connection between the two, like in the comics/cartoons.

You ever see the rehearsal of the Logan/Sabertooth fight? It was pretty intense.

LostSon88 said:
You ever see the rehearsal of the Logan/Sabertooth fight? It was pretty intense.
yeah that was almost better than the actual one:eek: :up:

yes, action was definatly up there in this one, golden gate bridge, the whole forst fight, the final battle, sheesh what else, teh danger room, even though it didnt last long, the concept was in there... it was alot more busy then X1 at the same length.... X2 had quality action though.... but X3 just takes the cake...

LostSon88 said:

Nope, never did. Too bad it didn't bleed over into the film; I wasn't too impressed with thier battle. It seems Wolverine's best fights come when he is getting it handed to him by a girl.

If anything, I would say X3 had more action . . . although I might put it more like TNC--bigger power displays. I think X3 missed out on some obvious foe-on-foe action sequences though. At least Wolverine actually got to face Deathstryke or Sabretooth at some point . . . I would still like to know who the bonehead was that decided against a Colossus v. Juggernaut battle . . . or a Dark Phoenix v. [any] X-Men battle.

I would have liked to have seen the X-Men actually face off against more equally challenging mutants (like Iceman v. Pyro, Storm v. Callisto) rather than a bunch of inexperienced "pawns." I still feel it lacked power on power teamwork as is usually displayed when taking on someone like Juggernaut . . . or Magneto, rather than simply having him toss a couple of burning cars and then getting cured . . . and again, a Dark Phoenix battle (with the exception of Wolverine, Jean was hardly given the opportunity to even make eye contact with any of the other X-Men). Overall, I would say X3 has bigger power displays, but with some major missed opportunities given some of the characters present.

the action was better than the previous two. but i cant believe they didnt pair colossus against juggernaut.:confused:

javi1024 said:
the action was better than the previous two. but i cant believe they didnt pair colossus against juggernaut.:confused:

^Exactly.

As a whole, X3 had better action than any of the previous movies. Juggernaut vs Kitty, anytime Phoenix did anything, Wolverine vs. anyone stupid enough to run at him, Storm vs Callisto (and how badass was it when she spun down and KOd Arclight and that other chick?) :up:
Best fight scene in any of them is still Nightcrawler's White House assault, though.
Am I the only one who thought Wolvie/Deathstrike was a letdown?

LostSon88 said:
Yes. Yes it was.

That final battle was EVERYTHING i've ever wanted to see in an X-men Movie!

Yes, that's true...

Too bad this movie also came fully equipped with everything we NEVER wanted to see in an X-Men movie :(

I thought Wolvies Berseker Rage at the Mansion was better than his Berseker Rage in the woods in X3. I think X3 had more action and better Fight sequences, but they all felt rushed IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"