So there you go: X2 was the peak of the X-Men series

Kevin Roegele said:
After watching the DVD, I have to concede that XIII is a lot of fun to watch, but less dramatic than Singer's efforts. XIII is not a movie which lingers much in the mind after watching. It's successful in what it wants to be, but aims lower than X1 and X2.

Agreed.

very well said Kevin Roegele

Uh... question mark? Question Mark was the number one comicbook movie?

Did you click on It...Click on # 1 and you'll see!!!

Clearly it was the defining moment of the trilogy... the first was a good starter, the second went a step forward to make a great movie, but the third took two steps backwards.

Absolutely X2 was the pinacle. Still, the original Batman film was thought to be the pinacle of the Batman series until last year when the franchise restarted. Maybe one day, someone will make something as good as X2 hopefully with the Phoenix done properly

X2 is no doubt the best movie of the franchise. And IMO, the best comic book movie ever.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to the first time I ever saw X2 in the theater. After watching it 6 billion times it just doesn't feel the same. Still fun, but not the same.

JP said:
Sometimes I wish I could go back to the first time I ever saw X2 in the theater. After watching it 6 billion times it just doesn't feel the same. Still fun, but not the same.
oh man, the first time I watched it... *sheds a tear*. Full theater, everybody screaming...Fox logo made me shudder, the cg intro, I already had my hair all up. I was already happy. And then, Nightcrawler. Could anyone not get excited by that? Loads of screms after it ends. The best action scene of the trilogy. All the movie, a perfect experience...Jean and Storm finding Nightcralwer, all the subtlee moments, Rogue, the tornadoes fight, Jean's first appearence as Phoenix (many people didn't even notice the fiery eyes when she stopped the missile). The first time i screamed to myself "PHOENIX!". That moment, I started to love Jean Grey. The calmness of Storm, the whole dam sequence, and then, then...

Then I see Jean looking at her friends. She has a sad look. We know what she's up to, but I couldn't believe it. She gets out of the plane, Scott's desperation...her death. Nightcralwer's pray. I had a tear in my eye, and the crowd, who was chilling and screaming at most of the movie, at that time, was silent. You could hear some noses sniffing. I knew that was, by that time, the best movie I had seen. Everybody was sad, ready to get out disappointed by Jean's end, when we see the final monologue by her. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. <- That is how I stayed, and most of the cinema. PHOENiX! Peeople screamed in the end, people went out talking about it, people went out with huge smiles. Right there, the mania and a maniacal wait for X3 started. And then, to put the crown, I listen to Clocks on the way out. And that song, till nowadays, to me, screams X-men 2 and the experience I felt that day. It was a perfect happy day for me. Perfect. A perfect movie, despite any flaws.

JP said:

Word.

flavio_lebeau said:
oh man, the first time I watched it... *sheds a tear*. Full theater, everybody screaming...Fox logo made me shudder, the cg intro, I already had my hair all up. I was already happy. And then, Nightcrawler. Could anyone not get excited by that? Loads of screms after it ends. The best action scene of the trilogy. All the movie, a perfect experience...Jean and Storm finding Nightcralwer, all the subtlee moments, Rogue, the tornadoes fight, Jean's first appearence as Phoenix (many people didn't even notice the fiery eyes when she stopped the missile). The first time i screamed to myself "PHOENIX!". That moment, I started to love Jean Grey. The calmness of Storm, the whole dam sequence, and then, then...

Then I see Jean looking at her friends. She has a sad look. We know what she's up to, but I couldn't believe it. She gets out of the plane, Scott's desperation...her death. Nightcralwer's pray. I had a tear in my eye, and the crowd, who was chilling and screaming at most of the movie, at that time, was silent. You could hear some noses sniffing. I knew that was, by that time, the best movie I had seen. Everybody was sad, ready to get out disappointed by Jean's end, when we see the final monologue by her. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. <- That is how I stayed, and most of the cinema. PHOENiX! Peeople screamed in the end, people went out talking about it, people went out with huge smiles. Right there, the mania and a maniacal wait for X3 started. And then, to put the crown, I listen to Clocks on the way out. And that song, till nowadays, to me, screams X-men 2 and the experience I felt that day. It was a perfect happy day for me. Perfect. A perfect movie, despite any flaws.

Oh man. :up:

flavio_lebeau said:

Yeah, the first time I saw it, I was shocked and enthralled from start to finish. I swear I went through the 5 stages of grief when Jean died, starting with denial
"No way did they kill Jean. Sure that happens in the comics but in the movies? They never kill heroes in the movies. She'll erupt from the water any second".

The second time I saw time, I was sniffling and sobbing like the wuss I am, lol.
The worst part is when Cyclops starts screaming NO at Wolverine and then just collapses on him, in front of all his students, who watch their seemingly invincible teacher give into grief

flavio_lebeau said:

Then I see Jean looking at her friends. She has a sad look. We know what she's up to, but I couldn't believe it. She gets out of the plane, Scott's desperation...her death. Nightcralwer's pray. I had a tear in my eye, and the crowd, who was chilling and screaming at most of the movie, at that time, was silent. You could hear some noses sniffing. I knew that was, by that time, the best movie I had seen. Everybody was sad, ready to get out disappointed by Jean's end, when we see the final monologue by her. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. <- That is how I stayed, and most of the cinema. PHOENiX! Peeople screamed in the end, people went out talking about it, people went out with huge smiles. Right there, the mania and a maniacal wait for X3 started.

:up: In the words of Team America "**** YEAH." I dont think any movie and i mean ANY movie gave me the feelings i felt after seeing X2, its just an amazing movie and i hope to death its not the last time i have that feeling. Unfortunately X3 ruined that feeling a lot but X2 is still a great movie!

flavio_lebeau said:

Then I see Jean looking at her friends. She has a sad look. We know what she's up to, but I couldn't believe it. She gets out of the plane, Scott's desperation...her death. Nightcralwer's pray. I had a tear in my eye, and the crowd, who was chilling and screaming at most of the movie, at that time, was silent. You could hear some noses sniffing. I knew that was, by that time, the best movie I had seen. Everybody was sad, ready to get out disappointed by Jean's end, when we see the final monologue by her. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. <- That is how I stayed, and most of the cinema. PHOENiX! Peeople screamed in the end, people went out talking about it, people went out with huge smiles. Right there, the mania and a maniacal wait for X3 started.

:up: In the words of Team America "**** YEAH." I dont think any movie and i mean ANY movie gave me the feelings i felt after seeing X2, its just an amazing movie and i hope to death its not the last time i have that feeling. Unfortunately X3 ruined that feeling a lot but X2 is still a great movie!

well to me x-1 was boring(sorry it just was),x-2 was amazing(jaw dropping)and x-3 was,well it switches with me sometimes its cool(when i first saw it i was in complete sock never in my life had a movie been talked about for so long in my house my family and i loved it)..yet sometimes when i think of what Singer(who i dont like) could do and how the movie would've just focused on Dark Pheonix(which would've been amazing)it kind of ticks me off that he didn't direct it.

I concur! The 2nd movie is still one of my favorite movies ever, and the best of the X-films.

I'm agreed that X2 was the best mix, as the main post says.

But after X3, I think the X1 moments of dialogue, are like the best gift. I mean, all the Logan/Rogue scenes, specially the first scenes, that was excelent. I think moments like those in X1 make it the best of the trilogy, for me. X2 was a great sequel, with more action, longer running time and all, but Logan was the center again, and that was a mistake, I see it now. Like someone said recently, X2 should have focused on other x-men. But anyway, was a great movie, much better than X3. Any of the X3 dialogue scenes had the quality of X1 ones. So having all that action don't make it the best sequel.

X1 is my fave. I think if X1 had a few more scenes from Cyclops, Jean and Storm, and the final battle would have been longer and with more power display from all the characters, X1 would have been almost perfect.

X2 is the best marvel movie by a reasonable way. Followed up by Blade. Obviously they aren't going to dedicate the movie to each character equally, we are sided with wolverine because he is a new edition to the school etc, so we see it from his perspective because then as things are explained to him, we as the audience get into it. Each character gets just enough scren time, and Brian Cox is unmistakably amazing as always.

I totally agree with that. X2 lived up to the hype, and left us hoping for much more to come. X3 wasn't a disaster, but it was rushed to completion. It didn't leave a lasting impression. I saw it on opening weekend, and since then, I've had no desire whatsoever to watch it again. X1 didn't impress me much, but I gave them credit for the simple fact that they pulled it off, and sold the X-Men to the average moviegoer.

I love Blade. Blade was a solid action movie, with great casting, good acting, and a good script. They chose a very unpopular character and made him into a bad-ass. For once we got a Black hero, the main character no less, portrayed with dignity instead of being stereotyped or used for laughs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"