Watchmen

I feel bad that I only bought the graphic novel because I saw the trailer in a movie theater. But so far it is very entertaining.

chapter 4 :(

Chapter 4 (Manhattan on Mars/Manhattan's origins) is a great chapter. From what the people who have seen the presentaton of the Watchmen footage say, it sounds like its going to be an amazing sequence in the film.

That is one of the sequences I am really forward to:)Especially with the parts that go back,and forth.

I am really looking forward to all the Rorschach scenes and all the comedian scenes.

It was a temporary solution. Manhatton and Rorschach both knew this, but Rorschach would rather let the world die instead of delaying it with a lie.

I think it is more that Kovacs gotten beaten up as 'the bad-ass' Rorschach and completely shamed by Veidt... so his big moral high-ground stance is more because his ego got hurt real bad AND the 'bad guy' actually saved the world (even though it might be temporary).

I think it is more that Kovacs gotten beaten up as 'the bad-ass' Rorschach and completely shamed by Veidt... so his big moral high-ground stance is more because his ego got hurt real bad AND the 'bad guy' actually saved the world (even though it might be temporary).

A very interesting interpretation but one I certainly didn't draw from it. Rorschach was completely unwavering in his search for the truth and I like to think nothing could deter him for unveiling it not even world peace.

A very interesting interpretation but one I certainly didn't draw from it.

Well, he's acting like a little kid at the end. He can't beat up/kill Veidt because Veidt is better than him at fighting... no one else in there agrees with him... so he runs off to 'tell on' Veidt. That doesn't really seem like the 'kick-ass' Rorschach that has been since the beginning, kicking ass with reckless abandon and killing the bad guys because they 'deserve' it. So it seems like here's Rorschach who just not only got beat up by Veidt... but he was wrong about the 'plot' of taking out masks... AND on top of all that, Veidt saves humanity from nuclear destruction (for now)... and he runs off for 'mommy'.

Rorschach was completely unwavering in his search for the truth and I like to think nothing could deter him for unveiling it not even world peace.

But in this case, when it could kill so many people... why is he so unwavering?

I think it's cause he is a childish man who thinks that he can actually save the world by putting on a mask and beating up/killing thugs/pimps/drug dealers on the street... and Veidt is a bad guy that beats Rorschach, physically and in completing the goal of saving the world. So of course, he needs to ruin it, because Veidt can't get away with beating him.

does anyone know of a page online that visually displays and details the symmetrical artwork throughout chapter V of the book, fearful symmetry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"