Comics Ways Spidey is cooler than Batman

Okay I totally agree. Spidey all the way.

And I am a big Spidey fan, and I don't really like Batman....

But Batman makes more money. He's had cartoons out for who knows how long? I always see his damn toys on shelves, like almost gone (Spidey is too) and he's had more movies (whether they were good or not)

Both of em rule to high heavens, but that tired "Batman can beat anyone in a fight" thing annoys me to no end. Spider-Man would run circles around him.

Not true. I'm sure Batman would have his Bat-Anti-Spider-Man Spray in his belt.

Damn that masked avenger! Always one step ahead he is!

Spider-Man could make a special batch of anti-bat-webbing before going out to face him! .... Ya know, if he still has his chemistry set. Did he throw it away after emerging as a copy of himself from a cacoon thingie? Ya know, the 1st time that year I mean.

And besides the fact that Spidey has eaten more eyeballs....we move onto...

Reason #7: Batman needs to rely on his utility belt while Spidey no longer needs to rely on his utility bracelets (webshooters.)

Spidey is so cool, he no longer has to wear those web shooter bracelets or remember to fill them or even mix up a new batch of "web-um". Now he can just squirt what he needs endlessly out of his wrists on demand!! Batman still has to wear his belt and remember to pack the batarangs or else he is up poops-creek when he fights his next rogue. So, until Batman can squirt Batarangs out of his abdomen...Make Mine Spidey!!

(and just wait...when JMS or Joey Q. move onto DC, they'll prolly implement this!!)
this comment is so silly because webshooters made parker cool...

and impact webbing and stingers made ben reilly cooler...

there is nothing cooler than an invention, especially with limited funds. This was like the one thing spidey had over bats but they have even taken that away from him, shame....

Yeh, i preferred the webshooters too.....ah, the good ol' days.

Add more interest to the story, the science aspect, the time it took for him to make the web fluid, the times he ran out...and it also added a cool story dynamic, say for instance, one got ruined in a battle or a bad guy took them out of commision or what have you.

By giving him wrists that just squirt webbing endlessly....they've dumbed down the webbing thing so that now it is a non issue. It is just "there" now and his wrists shoot his webs. Kinda blah-boring.

They need to dumb things down i guess and make things easier for the writers these days. No web shooters...no wife...etc....they want to keep it simple and generic i suppose in a sense.

Maybe when Loki retcons the entire Spidey universe of mistakes, Pete will forget his wrists now shoot web fluid and he'll go back to webshooters!!? I'm kinda a purist I guess.

While I realize the original poster is (at least partially) being sarcastic in his lists, I'm a bit surprised how some other people can so definitively call Batman or Spidey this or that. Personally, I really don't have the pomposity to say my preferred characters is better than any other (at least, any other than doesn't suck:up: ).

Both Batman and Spider-Man are extremely popular characters, and deservedly so. Both are different types of characters, though. And I'm sure, they appeal to different people for different reasons. Personally, Spider-Man has never been an absolute favorite of mine, but still, I wouldn't call Batman better than him.

I prefer Spider-Man because when it comes down to it he is more healthy mentally and morally.

Batman has suffered great tragedies in his past and it has turned him into a jerk.

Spider-Man has also suffered great tragedies in his past yet he remains sweet and kind to just about everyone.

And I like nice guys.:heart:

Reason #8: Spidey has "Amazing Friends", Batman Doesn't.

For example, Spidey had his own cartoon with his amazing friends...Iceman and FireSTAR. They hung out together, had a neato hideout-appartment, and frolicked (great word!) and saved lives together! They were a swell bunch of true pals. They had a cute dog too. (darn it! can't remember her name!! Petunia??!) Batman doesn't have any amazing friends to star in a cartoon with. Batman tries to find ways to kill or defeat his friends, which doesn't exactly make him a very keen friend to have at times. Batmas is a part of a team, (JLA) but clearly, he has no "amazing friendships". You never saw him hang with Marvin and Wendy either. Face it...Batman in no Leave it to Beaver. Spidey is.

batman doesn't have amazing friends?

he shared a show with superman :confused: not to mention encounters with nightwing, two robins and batgirl and a batwoman and he's also had the gray ghost helping him out...

how much more amazing can his friends get?

The joke is/was...he doesn't have amazing friendships, like in the old cartoon "Spidey and his Amazing Friends" that had a bit of cornball 50's feel to it......but yes...he, BAtman has amazing friends,.. as in superheroes with great powers.

#5 Spider-Man gets his controversys dealt with/revamped while Batman is stuck with his.

For example, Marvel allows people like Aunt May or MJ to bite the dust, thus ending things such as marriage controversys, thus making Spider-man a better character overall. Batman has plenty of controversys that need to be ended yet they continue to plod onward with them...such as the highly famed Batman/Butler Controversy of 2006 and the ongoing Batman/Batmobile Controversy. Statistics plainly show that trucks are much more popular than cars and that the batmobile makes Batman appear more like a girly city guy. When will he finally get the bat-truck he deserves? Surely a man who c punched Superman or Darkseid in the face deserves a 4x4. Even more so, Marvel resolved the Spidey "car controversy" YEARS ago (admittantly tho, and shockingly, Joey Q. has yet to institute the spidey-man 4x4)...so CLEARLY Spider-man comics are light years ahead of Batman, since Bruce still is driving that same ol' silly car. Spidey at least has moved ON from that phase in his life.

Post of the year? I'm still not sure yet...:woot:

I prefer Spider-Man because when it comes down to it he is more healthy mentally and morally.

Batman has suffered great tragedies in his past and it has turned him into a jerk.

Spider-Man has also suffered great tragedies in his past yet he remains sweet and kind to just about everyone.

And I like nice guys.:heart:
Batman's not a jerk anymore, actually. He doesn't go around cracking jokes like Spidey, but he can actually be understanding at times once again.

Oh my goodness. Ok...I'm trying to restrain myself.

First of all. Spider-Man and Batman are two of my favorite ALL TIME characters in fiction. Batman was really the first superhero to sort of "suck me into" comics. Though it was Spider-Man that really turned me into a hardcore comics fan.

Now, after reading this thread I see the thread author was being "sarcastic" or "tongue in cheek". That's cool, some of them were funny. But...if you're even going to be funny or sarcastic at LEAST know the character you're trying to talk about.

Batman and Spider-Man, while both superheroes, are two completely different characters who are motivated by two completely different situations. While on the surface they may seem along the same thing but their tragedies are completely different. Bruce Wayne WATCHED, yes, WATCHED his parents be shot and murdered right in front of him. Big difference between letting a crook run past you who, later on, kills your Uncle Ben.

Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne have very different personalities. And, believe me, Peter Parker is NOT cool. In fact, that's why I really like Peter Parker because he ISN'T cool. He's a nerd. He's a geek. He's like pretty much everybody who comes here to these boards. Bruce Wayne is a good looking, silver spoon in his mouth, butler having bad ass. Not too many of those people running around the world.

Bruce Wayne doesn't have problems with the ladies. His Bruce Wayne persona is a giant put on. Now you don't have to be a fan of the comics, just have watched Batman Begins to figure this out. Hell, even the first Batman movie from 1989 with Michael Keaton.

So, in closing, even if you're going to poke fun at something...KNOW what you're talking about. Because obviously the author of this thread knows NOTHING of the Batman character, nor do some of the replies to this thread as well. And as I said in the Batman/Spider-Man comparison thread in the Batman forums it's like comparing apples and oranges. They are two completely different characters. Yes, both superheroes. Both became heroes through a tragedy. But that's just on the surface. As you get deeper they get VERY different VERY quickly.

I totally agree-- Justice League Unlimited is AMAZING! I would love to see Bruce Timm and co. tackle the Marvel Universe and Spidey in particular.

bruce timm did spider-man. before john semper was brought in because timm just sucked. he had the "brilliant" idea to make norman osborn the hobgoblin thats why semepr had to bring him so early in the show. and if you would have seen his sketches of the show, you would agree when i say timm on spider-man woudl suck...

but on batman he rocks...

I'm glad this thread was revealed to be in jest. Regardless of who someone thinks is 'better', some of the reasoning here was just maddening. A couple of funny ones and a couple of :huh:

farmernudie said:
For example, Spidey had his own cartoon with his amazing friends...Iceman and Firestar.
Fixed that for you. :up:

I walk into another geekfest. My favorite hero is better than your favorite hero, my favorite comic book film is better than your favorite film, this never seem to get old for you fools, eh?

So, in closing, even if you're going to poke fun at something...KNOW what you're talking about. Because obviously the author of this thread knows NOTHING of the Batman character, nor do some of the replies to this thread as well. And as I said in the Batman/Spider-Man comparison thread in the Batman forums it's like comparing apples and oranges. They are two completely different characters.

Uh....hmn...is THIS (your whole post) a JOKE...or are you SERIOUS!!???

I am not sure.

If so, i am glad you are posting about being a "bigger fan and knowing more about these characters" (all tho you didn't use those exact words..thats what your words said basically...) when YOU Are the one who is seemingly against people doing that in OTHER threads....lol

OH my word you are funny.

THIS ENTIRE THREAD WAS A JOKE.

Others on here have taken it serious.

But...if you're even going to be funny or sarcastic at LEAST know the character you're trying to talk about.

Um........again...i am not gonna go thru my credentials to show you how much i know about batman or spider-man. You out-right befuddle me, man.

It is too bad you can't lighten up. What's your problem???
Sorry you don't get some of the humor here and that it DIDN"T demonstrate enough hardcore facts on batman and spidey to APPEASE YOU and your amazing knowledge base of these two charcters. Totally not the point here in this thread...

Bruce Wayne doesn't have problems with the ladies. His Bruce Wayne persona is a giant put on. Now you don't have to be a fan of the comics, just have watched Batman Begins to figure this out. Hell, even the first Batman movie from 1989 with Michael Keaton.

Really???? Wow!! Thanks for the info. I'll have to go back and watch all those movies again that i've never seen. Then i can come back and tell a better joke.

What on earth!!????

I'm REALLY hoping your entire post was a JOKE too SIAT. Otherwise it was very condescending and other things......and i feel sorry for people like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmernudie
For example, Spidey had his own cartoon with his amazing friends...Iceman and Firestar.
Fixed that for you. :up:

Oh.,.yeh...!...i just went back and found my original post, to see what i had said...and i DID say firgirl....lol...thanks!
Firestar is correct...and i always liked that uniform of hers compared to the other newer revamps...wish she'd go back!
Thanks for pointing my error out.:yay:

(...and now we return to more funny reasons from a writer who is oblivious to these two characters. Warning: Please don't chuckle until you've correlated key joke references with Batman/Spider-man Historian SIAT first....)

Reason #9 Spidey's outfits have more coolness and personality than Batmans.

For example, Spidey once wore a costume that was alive. None of Batman's outfits have ever even come close to coming alive, although many have become quite ripe.

(disclaimer: Again, please cross reference this funny claim with SIAT, since I know nothing of these characters I am joking about. I know...i know, these jokes would be even funnier if i had ever picked up a comic book over the years when i first started collecting these two titles when they first came out. I'll try and go back and actually READ my entire collection someday soon so we can all benefit from better humor, but heck, who actually READS any of their comics in their collections these days??. )

Even more, (rumor has it) that Spider-Mans alien black outfit once got pregnant and even gave BIRTH to another costume!! :wow: Specifically, The Black Venom costume gave birth to a kid costume that later became a reddish-brown outfit named "Car-Hart"...worn by Cletus Kassidy.

Now, pul-ease ....tell me, ...has Batman's outfit EVER done anything as cool as this!??? Not a single DC writer has managed to work in a single story about costume pregnancy nor giving birth.

Now if Marvel would only take the next step and promote something more positive like "costume abstinance" I'd be even more impressed. JOEY Q??????

I mean, sure...Batman has a cool looking outfit, a spiffy yellow utility belt, and of course........his cape, but Spider-man has a cape too! What superhero doesn't!??! (sorry...i've not read any spidey comics nor have i seen any of the movies or the cartoons....so its an honest mistake!!)

Even more, Spidey has worn a paper-bag costume over his head instead of his mask. Tell me,...Is Batman really cool enough to pull THAT off???

How about the fake, non-pregnant, (boring old cloth) version of the black outfit?? Has Batman ever dared to wear a fake outfit based on one of his original ones??

Lastly, ...what about the more recent red and gold Iron Octopus Armor outfit Iron-man made him?? (or so I've heard...) Could Batman pull off moveable appendages on his outfit if Steele made one for him like that??

So, Spidey's History of cool outfits makes Batman's boring outfit(s) PALE in comparison. Until Batman's bat emblem gives birth to a new costume, Spidey wins this catagory too, hands down! (unless, of course, SIAT disagrees....):cwink:

Uh-oh. It's gettin' personal! :eek:

:spidey: :batman:

edit: The Batman smiley is infinitely cooler than the Spidey one. :o :huh: :up:

I always liked Spider-Man more. To me Spider-Man is a truly human character people can identify with and whose imperfections bring out the truest outlook on human nature. His appeal is that he's no Superman or Hulk. There's nothing really enigmatic to his look or powers. He's the Everyman who just tries to do the right thing. Though Batman is one of my favorite DC heroes I find he suffers from the same issue they all do. There's this sense that he's disconnected from reality based on reputation. He's just so great that there's hardly a conflict one can cause without bringing in someone he conveys emotions towards into the picture. To me that hinders character development. DC heroes have this almost timeless disposition, up to the point that only a handful of things can touch them. Batman is an example of this.

I'm not trying to put down Batman at all; I think the idea of a character who uses his wits and who has valid reasoning to fight crime is cool. But when it comes down to it I don't measure coolness by the dark look a hero has or by the random gadgets. I base it on appeal and interest. To me Spider-Man is a hero who cares about those he protects. Batman is the sort of character who is much more introvert and relies on darkness for mystique. Of the two, I always pick Spider-Man.

MISTER J: UH OH, IT"S GETTING PERSONAL.

Oy. I know.

The thing is...how is it that a total joke of a thread can be made into a heavy-feeling negative arguement by some people?

This is all supposed to be totally light-hearted. And it was, until....yeh...

Sadly, when i first "joined" this site....i was immediately attacked and jumped on, (per-say) by, SIAT. It made joining this forum at the time kinda stink..with people doing that. And i totally don't get him. But, i felt better at the begining when others immediately jumped to my defense and told me to just ignore him, and were befuddled why he was so rude...and explained that he gets like that sometimes.

The thing is, I am a person who thinks the best of people, so i am HONESTLY taken by surprise each time SIAT has something new to be negative about. (with me or ANYONE!!) Sadly, I just don't get him sometimes...or often.

He has stated in other threads he doesn't like it when posters jump on here and start claiming to know more than other fans....yet that's what he got on THIS thread and did, out of the BLUE. And this thread is ALL a "light" hearted joke, as per what i've written. It makes no sense at all for him to do get on here and be so negative and "heavy" and that. He is contradicting himself and other worse things. Maybe he just had a bad day before getting on here. I just dunno. :huh:

At any rate, I am going to continue to try and write some LIGHT HEARTED funny/cornball reverse psychology stuff about spidey and batman.

This isn't a "prove how much you know about batman and spidey thread."

It was just FUN.........

You dont know much at Batman do you? First, Batman had a tank, watch Batman Begins or read The Dark Knight Returns (I believe Spiderman comics are ripping off TDKR in a new title of some sorts), and he doesnt try to kill his friends because 1. He is a loner and thats the way he wants it to be, 2. He doesnt kill. Also Spiderman doesnt have better morals really. Batman Doesnt Kill and he sacrificed his life for others. Also Spiderman/Peter isnt ment to be cool, thats pretty much a foundation on which the character was bulit on. By the way, Spiderman is my second fav hero so im not just saying all this cos i like one and hate the other, i think both are brillent characters.

Oh my goodness. Ok...I'm trying to restrain myself.

First of all. Spider-Man and Batman are two of my favorite ALL TIME characters in fiction. Batman was really the first superhero to sort of "suck me into" comics. Though it was Spider-Man that really turned me into a hardcore comics fan.

Now, after reading this thread I see the thread author was being "sarcastic" or "tongue in cheek". That's cool, some of them were funny. But...if you're even going to be funny or sarcastic at LEAST know the character you're trying to talk about.

Batman and Spider-Man, while both superheroes, are two completely different characters who are motivated by two completely different situations. While on the surface they may seem along the same thing but their tragedies are completely different. Bruce Wayne WATCHED, yes, WATCHED his parents be shot and murdered right in front of him. Big difference between letting a crook run past you who, later on, kills your Uncle Ben.

Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne have very different personalities. And, believe me, Peter Parker is NOT cool. In fact, that's why I really like Peter Parker because he ISN'T cool. He's a nerd. He's a geek. He's like pretty much everybody who comes here to these boards. Bruce Wayne is a good looking, silver spoon in his mouth, butler having bad ass. Not too many of those people running around the world.

So, in closing, even if you're going to poke fun at something...KNOW what you're talking about. Because obviously the author of this thread knows NOTHING of the Batman character, nor do some of the replies to this thread as well. And as I said in the Batman/Spider-Man comparison thread in the Batman forums it's like comparing apples and oranges. They are two completely different characters. Yes, both superheroes. Both became heroes through a tragedy. But that's just on the surface. As you get deeper they get VERY different VERY quickly.
You...You can't possibly be serious.

You dont know much at Batman do you? First, Batman had a tank, watch Batman Begins or read The Dark Knight Returns (I believe Spiderman comics are ripping off TDKR in a new title of some sorts), and he doesnt try to kill his friends because 1. He is a loner and thats the way he wants it to be, 2. He doesnt kill. Also Spiderman doesnt have better morals really. Batman Doesnt Kill and he sacrificed his life for others. Also Spiderman/Peter isnt ment to be cool, thats pretty much a foundation on which the character was bulit on. By the way, Spiderman is my second fav hero so im not just saying all this cos i like one and hate the other, i think both are brillent characters.

uh....you guys really are taking all this to heart....wow.

BTW, Bats has killed before. In one of his FIRST appearances he broke a man's neck just because he was a "thug looking out the window".

He even tossed a man into a vat of acid! Batman is a scumbag! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"