The Dark Knight Rises WB Email: The Legend Dies?

Phoenix2088

Civilian
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed already. Just received an email from WB saying that the trailer is available. What stood out was the alternate text that appears in the email if images are not loaded (Gmail app on Android). It says that "The Legend Dies".

Surely others have received this email as well. I will try and get a screenshot as soon as I get home.

Isn't it already confirmed that Batman dies in this one?

Last edited:
I gots a screencap. :yay:

screenshot20111219at113.png

Freudian slip? :cwink:

Either that's one very bad typo or someone just lost their job.

I gots a screencap. :yay:

screenshot20111219at113.png

Freudian slip? :cwink:

Associated text. Not the poster itself. Just next to it.

Still it's debatable what it means. Could just be the legend itself and not the man.

edit: I think I misunderstood what you meant by 'Freudian slip'. Though you were referring to 'The Legend Ends' and the original poster saying 'The Legend Dies'.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Batman dies anyway. Just a personal theory of mine.

Wow... Ummmm.... That's kinda big.

Somewhere Nolan just axed somebody.... With an axe... Seriously.

aaaaaaaaah i dunno now. i think it could just be a mistake from free association, the whole point of that poster is to give the impression batman dies, therefore i think someone could easily get the idea in their head that the tagline is the legend dies. same number of letters, same intentionally suggestive idea (except moreso) etc.
to me this doesnt suggest a spoiler, just a lack of concentration on the job at hand, or a momentary lapse. someone will still get roasted for it, but its not a spoiler IMO.

Still it's debatable what it means. Could just be the legend itself and not the man.
Well, it's funny, because they requoted Ra's "legend" speech in the teaser, as if to indicate that Batman is that legend.

Well, it's funny, because they requoted Ra's "legend" speech in the teaser, as if to indicate that Batman is that legend.

Yes, but referring to him as a legend doesn't simply mean the man. It includes the concept, what he's accomplished, his reputation etc not just the physical being.

Yes, but referring to him as a legend doesn't simply mean the man. It includes the concept, what he's accomplished, his reputation etc not just the physical being.

Well, whichever it is.....

......it dies.

:cwink:

I get you, but in that case... isn't that even worse? If they meant the reputation of his legend, that means that this film would have Batman losing, and his accomplishments being rendered naught to say "it dies".

Well we all know it's Dark Knight RISES which makes me think of a phoenix. Here's the definition from wiki of the Phoenix.

"A phoenix is a mythical bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends[weasel words]). It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again."

John Blake, anyone?

Oh and riddle me this...whats another type of bird in the mold of a young Batman?

Lets just hope it was a mistake...
Nolan is a good storyteller. i think Bruce dying could work . :yay:

dont forget that a big rumor is that everyone knows that Bruce is batman and that he fake's his death.

I get you, but in that case... isn't that even worse? If they meant the reputation of his legend, that means that this film would have Batman losing, and his accomplishments being rendered naught to say "it dies".

Which sort of begs the question, does it/he stay dead? It sort of brings about that 'have your cake and eat it too' scenario you see in some fiction. I think the best example (and more recent one) I can think of is Harry Potter where it's a question of whether he dies (literally) or not. In that case he does kinda die, but then he doesn't stay dead.

The problem with that sort of scenario is that it can sort of feel cheap if it isn't handled properly and in the worst cases it can essentially undo any progress a character has during the course of a film or simply undermine that progress by having them back at square one in a sense.

As for Batman, it could just mean him becoming Batman again and defeating Bane/LoS.

Anita,

Thanks for posting the screen cap! Interesting nonetheless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"