The Dark Knight Rises WB Email: The Legend Dies?

Well, even if he's not revealed to be Bruce Wayne it still sends a clear message. Batman is no longer a boogey man or silent guardian in the shadows of the Gotham night... but out in the light of day for everyone to see on the steps of City Hall. He's no longer a legend, he's a fact. He is truth.

So it could go either way.

Exactly, Batman fighting in daylight is no clearer indication that people know his secret than hearing Joker telling Batman to reveal his identity or people will die.

Not saying it won't happen but that scene is not an indication of that. I don't know how I feel about people learning Bruce's secret.

the Legend ending could simply mean Batman gets beaten, Bane brags and then Gotham is left to Bane for months so for all intents and purposes to the people of Gotham Bane was telling the truth and the legend had ended.

the Legend ends could also refer to this being the last film. I mean Harry Potter's campaign had "It Ends" with Daniel Radcliffe's face but he didn't really die in the film.

Still anything is possible, this is not a post to tell people if Batman will die or not or his identity will be revealed or not. I simply don't know but the factors some are pointing our don't necessarily lead to those conclusions.

Also Bane does destroy a large part of Gotham, a VERY large part of Gotham, probably with the head count of tens of thousands. Its a devastating thought and the following is really probably one of the greatest things I've heard done in a superhero film before.

Smith may the last person to take anything useful from when discussing movies...aside from snacks, perhaps. :D

Well that's what I'm saying. His initial way of ending the first "Clerks" was just killing Dante because he didn't know how to end the movie.

So when the Weinstein's bought it, they made him change it. Smith openly admits that killing off the main character is just a cop out (pun intended).

- Jow

I think everyone finds out early in the film that Bruce is batman and he goes to prison for his crimes and batman becomes a villain to Gotham (during peace time that is). Once bane arrives and starts destroying everything- the citizens of Gotham realize they need Bruce/batman OR batman decides on his own to screw the opinions of the Gotham citizens and dons the cape one last time to defeat Bane.... And of course everyone is thrilled. Hence the Dark Knight RISES.
I like the sound of this. Harvey Dent in TDK: "One day Batman will have to answer for the laws he's broken. But to us, not to this madman"

I do think Bruce's secret will come out, and inspire Gotham and ruin Bane's message.

Is there any idicagion, other than bosef saying so, that Batman's identity is revealed?

I was completely against the idea of Batman dying, but with everything that I've heard and seen... it doesn't seem unlikely, tbh. If he IS indeed going to die, I hope he sacrifices himself to save everyone else... or something like that.

In the matrix they let also the main hero die by sacrifice.

So it easely could happen with Batman also.

I like the sound of this. Harvey Dent in TDK: "One day Batman will have to answer for the laws he's broken. But to us, not to this madman"

I do think Bruce's secret will come out, and inspire Gotham and ruin Bane's message.

This also goes along with the whole Dent line - "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".... or something like that. Well, i am betting that in TDKR, Bruce/Batman is seriously the villain and is exiled.

This also goes along with the whole Dent line - "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".... or something like that. Well, i am betting that in TDKR, Bruce/Batman is seriously the villain and is exiled.

Maybe this line foreshadows Batman/Bruce's fate in TDKR? Nolan had everything planned from the beginning, right?

It could be both... he lives long enough to become the villain AND dies the hero....

who knows. i got nothing. :hehe:

Hmm what i've gotten from all of this is:

Beggining: Introduction to Bane, Meeting a low spirited/damaged and old Bruce Wayne/Batman. Catwomen story development. Beggining ends with Bruce being unmasked after being defeated by Bane.

Middle: Bruce is out of Gotham and is left to Bane. GPD in chaos and cannot handle the craziness. They realise they need Batman back. Catwomen probably intervenes but by herself she cannot do much justice. Catwomen breaks Bruce free

End: They prepare for battle, and thus to battle royale within gotham city.

Rough outlines i think, but me personally they will concentrate on Catwomens story alot. I think Freeman dies (sorry if this has been confirmed already). It's just that the enemies has all of batmans gadgets and when i mean gadgets i mean the tumblers. Wayne enterprises must be severely penetrated. It's all about destroying Bruce in this film and seeing him pick himself up, as a protector of Gotham. Not as Batman, but as Bruce Wayne

Guaranteed sad ending that all of us will not completely like, but will suffice

Hmm what i've gotten from all of this is:

Beggining: Introduction to Bane, Meeting a low spirited/damaged and old Bruce Wayne/Batman. Catwomen story development. Beggining ends with Bruce being unmasked after being defeated by Bane.

throw in some things about Gotham and Miranda Tate getting through to Bruce about his parents and I think this is a good guess.

Also I think Wayne is a recluse at the start of the film. He lives in a castle and never comes out. No one has seen him for a long time.

Tate gets him to reintroduce himself to Gotham. Only for him to encounter Selina and her bad attitude.

Middle: Bruce is out of Gotham and is left to Bane. GPD in chaos and cannot handle the craziness. They realise they need Batman back. Catwomen probably intervenes but by herself she cannot do much justice. Catwomen breaks Bruce free

Eh. I think it's going to be more of Bane's lofty and cleverness. Not only does he make a statement to Gotham during the football scene but he frees the inmates from BlackGate but he also locks up the GPD underground. So the second act to me, is more of a rise of Bane, sort of thing but we also see the seeds of rebellion grow. Gordon starts his own little rebellion to usurp Bane and whilst working with Miranda Tate gets Blake to protect Wayne from the angry poor mob that has been kidnapping and attacking the wealthy citizens of Gotham.

Gordon is ultimately unsuccessful and almost dies and his attack against Bane and twisted as an attack on the people and Bane has all the power he needs to take over Gotham entirely. Meanwhile Bruce is just sitting there unsure of what's happening, that's when Catwoman appears to see Bruce, she's heard the wealthy are locked up and she already has a bad taste in her mouth about him but she has to see it to believe it (perhaps even Bane announces Wayne is Batman, further evidence he can use to say the wealthy are corrupt) she sees him there and has a moment of conflict and maybe tells him how to escape but won't go as far as actually helping to escape. Bruce gets free and sees Gotham and basically has a "oh ****" moment and realizes...
They need me.

End: They prepare for battle, and thus to battle royale within gotham city.

Pretty much but I don't think Batman totally wins, the true winning moment is when Bruce Wayne is shown as the people's people. That he cares about Gotham and always has and Bane's army shrinks.

throw in some things about Gotham and Miranda Tate getting through to Bruce about his parents and I think this is a good guess.

Also I think Wayne is a recluse at the start of the film. He lives in a castle and never comes out. No one has seen him for a long time.

Tate gets him to reintroduce himself to Gotham. Only for him to encounter Selina and her bad attitude.

Eh. I think it's going to be more of Bane's lofty and cleverness. Not only does he make a statement to Gotham during the football scene but he frees the inmates from BlackGate but he also locks up the GPD underground. So the second act to me, is more of a rise of Bane, sort of thing but we also see the seeds of rebellion grow. Gordon starts his own little rebellion to usurp Bane and whilst working with Miranda Tate gets Blake to protect Wayne from the angry poor mob that has been kidnapping and attacking the wealthy citizens of Gotham.

Gordon is ultimately unsuccessful and almost dies and his attack against Bane and twisted as an attack on the people and Bane has all the power he needs to take over Gotham entirely. Meanwhile Bruce is just sitting there unsure of what's happening, that's when Catwoman appears to see Bruce, she's heard the wealthy are locked up and she already has a bad taste in her mouth about him but she has to see it to believe it (perhaps even Bane announces Wayne is Batman, further evidence he can use to say the wealthy are corrupt) she sees him there and has a moment of conflict and maybe tells him how to escape but won't go as far as actually helping to escape. Bruce gets free and sees Gotham and basically has a "oh ****" moment and realizes...
They need me.

Pretty much but I don't think Batman totally wins, the true winning moment is when Bruce Wayne is shown as the people's people. That he cares about Gotham and always has and Bane's army shrinks.

This. :up:

my thoughts exactly.

i hope this happens.

if he has the cane in the beginning than it would explain why the press is asking him where he was :yay:

he may have the cane from the a$$-beating that Bane gives him as he reveals that batman is in fact Bruce Wayne. The citizens will not only want Batman to pay for his crimes, but also "pay" because he is rich. Like Nolan said - Bruce is going to be in a real bad place.

i hope this happens.

if he has the cane in the beginning than it would explain why the press is asking him where he was :yay:

right and it eliminates the problem of Bruce being in Prison because of Bane, coming back and being able to go to a party. If Bane is in control of Gotham how could Wayne return to go to a party.

Seems more fitting that he's a recluse at the start and comes back into the public eye thanks to Tate and has a philanthropic epiphany because of Tate and Selina.

he may have the cane from the a$$-beating that Bane gives him as he reveals that batman is in fact Bruce Wayne. The citizens will not only want Batman to pay for his crimes, but also "pay" because he is rich. Like Nolan said - Bruce is going to be in a real bad place.

As my post says above, if he has the cane because of Bane this supposes he's going to parties and balls after being messed up by Bane. I can't imagine it's "Gotham as usual" when Bane arrives so by that logic he has the cane before.

right and it eliminates the problem of Bruce being in Prison because of Bane, coming back and being able to go to a party. If Bane is in control of Gotham how could Wayne return to go to a party.

Seems more fitting that he's a recluse at the start and comes back into the public eye thanks to Tate and has a philanthropic epiphany because of Tate and Selina.
i agree.

i think the scene with Selina saving the kid and eating the apple is after Bane takes over. and from what we saw its no man's land. cracks in a tunnel with cars used as baricade. there is no way that Gotham would have a party.

Good point. It doesnt seem that there will be any socialite parties going on under Bane's regime. man, i am all screwed up with this timeline. lol

As my post says above, if he has the cane because of Bane this supposes he's going to parties and balls after being messed up by Bane. I can't imagine it's "Gotham as usual" when Bane arrives so by that logic he has the cane before.

yep - i read that and i agree. the party has to happen before Bane takes over.

I kinda think, by watching the trailer, that it will be revealed Bruce Wayne is Batman. Why else would he be fighting Bane on the steps of city hall? He no longer is the creature of the night because Bane has exposed He is Bruce. Theres no mystery left about him. Theres nothing to hide. I could be wrong though...:)

Hey thanks Ragnarok, you've cleared some stuff i kinda missed. Just watched the trailer last night, and saw the prologue and bits, and wanted to kinda get a jist of what will happen.

Sounds good to me, but of course we are missing huge chunks. But it seems to be going along them lines

So just from the trailers This is the timeline I have

Dent Party -> Masked Ball -> Bane fight -> Gordon's injured -> permission to die -> Blackgate breakout -> Stadium destruction -> What's that mean? -> Catwoman shows up -> Push ups -> Climbing out -> Riot -> Bane fight prt 2 -> Tumbler Chae

I kinda think, by watching the trailer, that it will be revealed Bruce Wayne is Batman. Why else would he be fighting Bane on the steps of city hall? He no longer is the creature of the night because Bane has exposed He is Bruce. Theres no mystery left about him. Theres nothing to hide. I could be wrong though...:)

Cause Bane's destruction and rule is so horrid he can't wait til night to put an end to it anymore.

So just from the trailers This is the timeline I have

Dent Party -> Masked Ball -> Bane fight -> Gordon's injured -> permission to die -> Blackgate breakout -> Stadium destruction -> What's that mean? -> Catwoman shows up -> Push ups -> Climbing out -> Riot -> Bane fight prt 2 -> Tumbler Chae

i think that pretty much wraps its up. excuse me while i avoid the spoilers section for the next 6 months... :doh:

ok... not really. :woot:

can we all agree that after this game there is not party in Gotham ? :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"