World Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@spidey2365: Proof, please.
@Clyde: Is it Windows LIVE Movie Maker? I have discovered that the projects that are made with Live Movie Maker can't be read by simply Movie Maker. Also, cool costume.

Thanks. I have "movie maker" not "live". And okay so i'm thinking the best way to do this without much trouble is to convert the file formats with the program "Super". It might reduce the quality but i'm not 100% sure if its a significant amount, I think it depends on what format it's being converted to. Anyway I'd say its worth a shot.

And btw your shooter looks cool its coming along well. Making it out of home materials is probably the best idea. Especially if others want to replicate it.

Hey guys I am new ere but i have been reading all your forums since way back when it started... uhm i need some help from you guys.... on a dc motor..how can i extend the little rod that spins? like is there anyway i can make it longer or in any way...by adding something idk...any ideas? please help thanks dudes

The Co2 tank is behind the fluid's, the fluid's tank being closest to my palm. I see what you mean by how it wouldn't work, but more than anything I was wondering how I could get it to work with an airsoft gun. Do you have info for that, or do I have to wing it with my Dad?

You could do it with an airsoft gun but I think the switch is mechanical meaning the button is designed to push open a shrader valve. But there may be electronic ones, i haven't done the research.

If you're using an airsoft gun, the switch would open the fluid cartridge leaving the gas cartridge closed (according to what you described). UNLESS you have the gas cartridge open when its connected to the fluid cartridge. OR you could have an electronic switch that opens both at the same time.

If your dad has knowledge on this stuff that would be in my opinion a cool project to with your dad.

You could do it with an airsoft gun but I think the switch is mechanical meaning the button is designed to push open a shrader valve. But there may be electronic ones, i haven't done the research.

If you're using an airsoft gun, the switch would open the fluid cartridge leaving the gas cartridge closed (according to what you described). UNLESS you have the gas cartridge open when its connected to the fluid cartridge. OR you could have an electronic switch that opens both at the same time.

If your dad has knowledge on this stuff that would be in my opinion a cool project to with your dad.

Yea, I discussed it with him, maybe we'll get started when it gets colder. And yes, I have an electronic machine airsoft gun. One more question, if you don't mind: would I just take the mechanics out and have at it, or do I have to modify it?

thanks Clyde big help. hoping that this will help my web shooter.

Hello people! I joined the forum here just so I can join this awesome project.
Note: I haven't read the previous pages.

So, has anyone considered using isobutane as a pressurizer for their web cartridges? It's used in paint...

I looked into it, but all I found were fuel refills. Although it could be a good pressurizer being that aerosol cans run out a lot slower than say a CO2 cartridge or pressurized air. I'm going to be cutting my pieces and getting the last bits of tubing for my shooter, I put it at 2 weeks to completion. I wont worry about the formula until I know I have something to shoot it with. And wadaltmon I saw your prototype, very cool how you were able to incorporate the LED with it, looks promising. And I was reading about the amazing spiderman sequel and it said that the costume was getting changes that included "gnarly webshooters", so maybe set photos in february will maybe give us more inspiration, should we still need it.

@WallCrawler3344 is your airsoft gun gas powered? or spring powered? I'm assuming it's gas powered because I don't know how a spring powered one could be incorporated to a webshooter (the switch). For gas powered, although I don't know exactly what yours looks like, what you wanna do is take apart the gun so you can obtain the circuit and the mechanism that opens the valve whether it being a mechanical push mechanism or a solenoid valve I'm not sure you would have to check. Then you could place the fluid cartridge where the valve fitting is where the mechanism pushes the switch or solenoid valve to open the cartridge valve. I imagine there is one part you would have to modify. When adding the CO2 cartridge to the back of the fluid cartridge, it would have to be separated by a solenoid valve so it only gets into contact with the fluid when you push the switch. Every time you push the button on the electric airsoft gun, a current will pass through to activate the switch. You could connect the wiring of the solenoid valve in parallel with the circuit so that everytime you push the button, the solenoid valve of the co2 cartridge will open as well as the mechanism opening the fluid cartridge. I hope that made sense.

@w3b-h3ad your welcome :)

@WallCrawler3344 is your airsoft gun gas powered? or spring powered? I'm assuming it's gas powered because I don't know how a spring powered one could be incorporated to a webshooter (the switch). For gas powered, although I don't know exactly what yours looks like, what you wanna do is take apart the gun so you can obtain the circuit and the mechanism that opens the valve whether it being a mechanical push mechanism or a solenoid valve I'm not sure you would have to check. Then you could place the fluid cartridge where the valve fitting is where the mechanism pushes the switch or solenoid valve to open the cartridge valve. I imagine there is one part you would have to modify. When adding the CO2 cartridge to the back of the fluid cartridge, it would have to be separated by a solenoid valve so it only gets into contact with the fluid when you push the switch. Every time you push the button on the electric airsoft gun, a current will pass through to activate the switch. You could connect the wiring of the solenoid valve in parallel with the circuit so that everytime you push the button, the solenoid valve of the co2 cartridge will open as well as the mechanism opening the fluid cartridge. I hope that made sense.

@w3b-h3ad your welcome :)

It's gas powered. I'll bring this up with my dad and we can tear into it sometime soon.

Sounds like a plan. Can't wait to see what you guys make of it.

With all the modifications having to be added to the original design, I have updated my drawings for WDM2, thus making my current design WDM2.1 . I will upload the drawings when I can today or tomorrow.
Goku9600: Your drawings say "solenoid valve" on them. The solenoid valve shown is a discrete solenoid valve, which is usually used in prosthetics and inflation.
nggshow.php

However, because of this, they are usually only used in gas applications, the transportation of air and such. I have no idea how they would ever react under usage with a semi-viscous gel like we are working with. Feel free to try it though. My recommendation, though, is that you use a solenoid more like this one:
14002532_1_image_47827.jpg

It looks pretty big, but it's only about 1 and 1/4 inches tall, with a quarter inch opening. It's pretty large for what you're looking at, but you're pretty much guaranteed functionality with what we're looking at. I'm probably going to buy some similar to the above one myself, or make some myself.
But, that's just me. You can do whatever you want to do with your shooter design.

Anyway, a few announcements about my shooter:
•finished PCB
•finished wiring button
•new battery mechanism
•new GPM (sketches soon), GPM2

I am testing the shooter tonight. See, what I have is a shooting indicating LED on the side of the shooter, so when I am shooting, the red LED will come on like in the movie. The thing is, this also allows me to test the shooter without a solenoid or formula. Then, I just hook up the solenoid in parallel with the LED so it will open at the same time as the LED is on.

So, here are the steps to completion:
•test MCU (tonight) and troubleshoot if needed
•hook up solenoid and mount, troubleshoot connections if needed
•modify coupler on solenoid, troubleshoot if needed
•add coupler to canister
•drill hole into bottom of canister and mount needle
•get CO2 adapter and cartridges
•fill canister with formula
•get and attach tube for output
•screw everything together
•final test, troubleshoot if needed
•finished.

I don't have any dates projected for this yet, but I will definitely have the MCU test done tonight. I will probably take a video once I get it working. Since the video will probably not really need any editing, uploading will probably go fine this time.

And whoever said the thing about isobutane: I am actually going to look into that. Thanks!
If anyone wants to see some pictures of the attached button with the PCB, then tell me.

Last edited:
Great job guys! Mine took a while to get started but my friends and I have started the arm brace and hopefully we could get all the machining doe this week. Wadaltmon I'm excited to see how your shooter turns out, sounds epic xD

A tip for the solenoid valves, know how much psi your cartridge will be because when you purchase a solenoid, what you want, is something as small as possible with a rated psi that is safe. Otherwise it will leak or burst your valve. The discrete solenoid valve Wadaltmon posted may require some security with the tubes and the valve itself. For example if you're using a 12 gram CO2 cartridge, make sure whatever solenoud valve you make or buy can handle a good 900psi. I would go for 1000psi just for safety purposes. When the gas reaches goes through the tubes and/or fluid cartridge it may go down as low as 200 psi depending on your design or it may be something like 400 to 600 psi (based on rough estimates). But like I said, it's just for safety purposes to have a valve rated higher than what you're using.

Also, when you purchase pressure tubing, you may notice that there are very thick tubes and only rated up to like 400 psi. You can use thin tubes rated for about 200 and that is fine AS LONG AS you don't have a setup where the tubes are with holding static pressure.
Example of dangerous setup would be - co2 cartridge ------ tube ------- solenoid valve.

that is dangerous because your tube may burst out. What's safer is:

- co2 cartridge --------> solenoid valve -------tube----->

Anyway, good luck. Were nearing an era of epicness 8^D

Example of dangerous setup would be - co2 cartridge ------ tube ------- solenoid valve.

that is dangerous because your tube may burst out. What's safer is:

- co2 cartridge --------> solenoid valve -------tube----->

Anyway, good luck. Were nearing an era of epicness 8^D
1. I agree with the unsafe bit there. Exactly what I planned.
2. Yes, I agree with the second statement about the era of epicness. It shall be awesome :woot:

i just thought up a formula i want someone to test (with a web shooter)1/4elmers glue,,1/4 jb weild,2 or 1/4 of rhino glue,and 1 1/4 water

The measurements don't add of to one, are these cup or quarts. Also is rhino glue cyanoacrylate because it's description sounds like it. Are you talking about both parts of the jb weld because they will solidify in the cartridge.

Hey Wadaltmon i have live movie maker if u still want someone to help with ur vid

I'm basing this off of what I've learned from White Widow. First, the pressure vessel is what will be holding the web fluid. It is a container that is sealed at both ends. It will be pressurized using a schrader valve or check valve. The pressure will be from co2, a bike pump, or air compressor. It must have a way to connect to the tubing and couplers: http://TechnolgyTheorist.deviantart...y:technolgytheorist:28321974&order=0&offset=0 .The pressure vessel can be a 2 liter coke bottle, a modified aerosol can, a fiberglass project, a PVC pipe project, ect. But it must hold at the LEAST, 125 psi by itself and without being reinforced. Then it must be reinforced with polymorph, duct tape, or fiberglass. The size of pressure vessel varies the amount of fluid. Cartridges are the least popular on this forum, as they hold the least amount of fluid, unless you formula is expansive like elephant toothpaste. Canisters are the next best thing. They will hold the most fluid without resorting to a tank on the back. They will be the size of a aerosol deodorant can. I'm going to do this and have it rest on the forearm like the milk and crackers web shooter. A tank, camelback, backpack, whatever you want to call it, will hold the largest amount of fluid. Blood spider, spiderman mangaverse, all characters that use tanks/backpacks/camelback to store their webbing.
can you help me to do please

@wadalmton
dude you have been working alot and I have to say that your work is awsome!!!

Hey Wadaltmon i have live movie maker if u still want someone to help with ur vid

Yeah dude! Just shoot me your e-mail in a PM and I'll send you on over the project file. It just freezes when I try to export.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"