Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Discussion in 'Products' started by Thread Manager, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clyde

clyde Well-Known Member

The CO2 cartridge shouldn't be a problem. If you go into a paintball store/airsoft gun store the employees there will help you find what you are describing Wadaltmon. All you gotta do is install the valve fitting/needle and also a small hollow cylinder that will hold the co2 cartridge in place. But it should all be available at the store, so I don't believe it will be necessary to build it from scratch.

2. WallCrawler3344

WallCrawler3344 Well-Known Member

Good idea, the paintball I think. Although, for someone with little money(me), could I just take apart my airsoft m16 and go from there? Just so you know, I'm not building mine until a firm design, and the actual build, has been established.

3. clyde

clyde Well-Known Member

I'm sure it can be done, it all depends on the design. Mine is gonna take a little longer than expected, because I wanted to involve students at my university but everyone wanted to start this after midterm exams which just ended so hopefully it gets done by Nov 20th.

4. WallCrawler3344

Oke doke! My designs a wee bit oddball from your guys'. It involves a band, with the lever deriving from two tanks, one with fluid, the other co2. It has a pressure gauge, so I can tell when to refill before it goes on empty. Then, the double tap, then the extra cartridges. Etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, you get the point. But say we could: how would I go about it?

5. TheGearMan

TheGearMan Hero

Hello people! I joined the forum here just so I can join this awesome project.
    Note: I haven't read the previous pages.

So, has anyone considered using isobutane as a pressurizer for their web cartridges? It's used in paint...

6. WallCrawler3344

Yo, buddy! Welcome to the forum!
    I suggest reading the subject from the start, way before this forum. Could someone get a link?

7. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

Oh......I think he's read it before.......

8. Wadaltmon

Wadaltmon S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Meaning what? Haha

So, guys, I tried uploading the video to YouTube, but it still decided to not accept it, so I don't know what I'm going to do. Now it won't even export to a different file format.
    But, I have been making other progress... I finished the PCB for my shooter and put it in, and also got the trigger done. All I need now is the solenoid and some basic hardware and my shooter will be done.

9. goku9600

goku9600 Well-Known Member

10. clyde

clyde Well-Known Member

11. Wadaltmon

Clyde, the individual videos (there is more than one clip that I was going to mesh together) are all in .MOV form. However, after I put them together in Windows LIVE Movie Maker, it decided to just not export :huh:
    But, anyway, does anyone have Windows LIVE Movie Maker? I could send you the project and then you could export it and send me back the video to upload it.

12. clyde

clyde Well-Known Member

Ya I have movie maker on my desktop. Did you try clicking "save to my computer" or something like that because it renders the movie. ORR maybe .mov is not a valid file format for rendering in movie maker. You could try changing the file format and then import it into movie maker then when you're done editing, render it form there. If that doesn't work then send it to my email i'll give it a shot
    email: [email protected]

13. clyde

clyde Well-Known Member

14. clyde

clyde Well-Known Member

hmm, you mention the lever is deriving from two tanks. Are those to tanks connected in parallel or in series with each other. For example parallel would mean you have the two tanks next to each other and a tube come form each, meeting together at an exit tube that goes towards the nozzle and out.

Series means you have one tank (co2) connected to the back end of the other tank (web fluid) and the front of the web fluid tank has an exit valve where the fluid is ejected out from.

If it's in parallel as I described it won't work because you will just have the co2 coming out. If it is the Series set up as I described the that will work but there are some details you would have to consider for that case.

15. spidey2365

spidey2365 Active Member

guys i need a formula because mine is ready for action

16. Wadaltmon

@spidey2365: Proof, please.
    @Clyde: Is it Windows LIVE Movie Maker? I have discovered that the projects that are made with Live Movie Maker can't be read by simply Movie Maker. Also, cool costume.

17. spideyfan1995

spideyfan1995 SPIDER and machines

18. Wadaltmon

19. MarvelFan1

MarvelFan1 Well-Known Member

Wassap my fellow webheads!! I'm back! sorry for the disapearance. I was hoping for someone to fill me in on what's been happening while I've been gone. If not, that's fine!

20. Wadaltmon

JMA610 kind of returned, I've been looking into CO2 adapters, lots of people have been working on their prototypes, and several people have gotten the notion that they can swing on webs, though it is too dangerous and currently utterly implausible.

21. iPeterParker

iPeterParker New Member

What's up guys? Any updates?

22. Wadaltmon

Welcome! Look here: http://realwebtech.webs.com/
    If you want to look at some ideas others have posted, or post your own, do so in the "New Ideas" section. To look at photos (I recently added 4 under "wadaltmon's shooters"), go to the "Photos" section.

23. WallCrawler3344

The Co2 tank is behind the fluid's, the fluid's tank being closest to my palm. I see what you mean by how it wouldn't work, but more than anything I was wondering how I could get it to work with an airsoft gun. Do you have info for that, or do I have to wing it with my Dad?

24. Aris

Aris Member

Ok guys stop saying ''mine is ready for action'' or '' I swung from sky scrapers'' UNLESS you have proof. This is getting ridiculous... If you have proof POST them here. That's why these threads exist...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  25. goku9600

goku9600 Well-Known Member

no one has said that in a while

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.