World Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I tested out the WDM2.1 assembly, but it did not work. Going to start from scratch again tomorrow and rebuild.

Oh so SymbiotesHost is back.... thought he was gonna leave this project.

He kind of did, but he came back again. Guess he couldn't stay away.

The measurements don't add of to one, are these cup or quarts. Also is rhino glue cyanoacrylate because it's description sounds like it. Are you talking about both parts of the jb weld because they will solidify in the cartridge.
rhino glue just replace that with a very strong adhesive it was just an idea anyway

Guys, I tested out the newly constructed WDM2.1...
and it worked. The shooter WORKS!
Now all I need to do is:
•get a new case (lost the front panel to the old one)
•get some solenoid valves, or make them
•put in solenoids
•open canisters and attach needle
•put formula in and attach CO2
•put canister in solenoid
•finished shooter.
The thing about this shooter is that it runs down the battery fairly quickly. It runs it down with about 6 hours of continuous use.
I think I will make a tutorial on it when I am done. Do you guys think that would be useful?

Last edited:
waldaltmon what did you use for your shooter and what is your formula what i mean is i need to know what your formula is and how you made your shooter

Whoa, slow down there... I still haven't tested GPM, the solenoids, or the microcontroller under split second circumstances yet. It will take a while of testing before I can use the shooter as a real implementation.

mmm what about using little Li-Po batteries just like in the helicopters (little ones) that would made sense using your shooter like 6 hours and then recharge the batterie ?

Depending on what you're using it for, it could work. If you had enough space in the case, and if it maintained the correct voltage for the entire time until you had to recharge. Nice find, pllagunos. Do you know of any smaller ones?

Guys, if you read my posts in the "Web shooter: possible?" thread, you'll see some stuff about GPM and what it entails. I also added that I haven't tested GPM yet. However, I will show how to make a tank that is supported by WDM2.1 and WDM2, and how you can make a tank that is able to conform to your shooter... if you guys want me to.

Guys, if you read my posts in the "Web shooter: possible?" thread, you'll see some stuff about GPM and what it entails. I also added that I haven't tested GPM yet. However, I will show how to make a tank that is supported by WDM2.1 and WDM2, and how you can make a tank that is able to conform to your shooter... if you guys want me to.
we do

Okay. I'll draw up a tutorial for it and then put it up on here after scanning in some stuff.

In the meantime, I will begin some tests on the GPM2 system. As I said in my lecture on the WSP (Web shooter possible) thread, GPM has never been tested by me. It is completely theoretical. I will run a few tests tonight, and tomorrow, I'll put up some more stuff on valves.

And guys, I have decided on some solenoid valves and I am going to order them (after I get the money for it). I just have to build and test the canister-GPM assembly, attach the solenoid, and I am done with my shooter.

We would be grateful if you could share your tutorial with us :)

Don't worry guys, I'm putting it together...

Anyway, there's a thing called a CO2 adapter which allows one to attach a coupler to a CO2 cartridge? Anyone know where I can find one?

Depending on what you're using it for, it could work. If you had enough space in the case, and if it maintained the correct voltage for the entire time until you had to recharge. Nice find, pllagunos. Do you know of any smaller ones?

Well I don't know so muh of Li-Po batteries but maybe spidey1995 can help you

@pllagunos: Ok, I will talk to him over PM.

Here's an early look at something I will show in the canister/tank making tutorial (I have to build all the stuff before I can show it to you, so...), it's the only thing I have made so far for it. Getting more materials today.
http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=170490757
Shown there is the top to a CO2 adapter, which allows you screw a CO2 canister into your fluid canister.

Congrats wadaltmon and all of you on your progress with your shooters. I hope to start a prototype in a little while, once I have a basic design. And do you all mind if you read a new thread that I have done, it's about the so called "untold story" in the amazing spiderman. Please leave any replies on it, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks!

I drilled a hole in the cylindrical metal canister I was going to use, but it completely deformed it, and actually now I see that there is a protrusion on the inside of the canister which makes it impossible for GPM2 to work with this model. Also, the CO2 adapter is so large that it won't really work inside the case I'm using. I will have to cut a large portion out of the bottom plate against my arm to get the canisters to fit. I will also have to build the fluid canister out of PVC since the metal one has deformed and has been rendered unusable. I will also have to upgrade to GPM3, which I will discuss in my next YouTube video. GPM3 basically should be another thing on its own, more than likely called GPPM1, not GPM3. But, for the sake of not having to rename the mechanism, I keep "Gas-powered Piston Mechanism" as GPM3. Basically, I have a rimmed metal piece inside the canister, that fits in quite snug. The gas pushes up on the piston, thus putting pressure on the fluid, but not by the gas itself. This keeps the gas equilibrium between the gas canister and the plate inside. It pushes up on the fluid, and the piston and the gas extrudes the fluid through. It will be in the PVC canister, and coincidentally, the Binaca cap will fit just right within.
With all these changes that I will be making not only to the extrusion mechanism but to the layout of the shooter in the case itself, I think it is safe to say that i will be moving on up to WDM2.2 . This version will be the last experimental version. If it works, then we have ourselves a shooter. And if it does work, then I will probably restart my tutorial series and slowly work towards the web shooter for you all to see how I did it.
I'm working more on WDM2.2 today. Things I need to do now, with the new design:
•get a PVC cap to cover the CO2 bottom
•put needle-coupling assembly onto PVC canister
•put spring-loader on PVC canister (spring loaded valve)
•replenish CO2 and fluid
•get solenoid
•assemble coupling assembly for solenoid
•get metal straight tube to put in output of solenoid
•get lining cone and lay the solenoid in
•screw it all together, apply any adhesive needed
•test
•troubleshoot (if needed)
•finished shooter.

My projected date for the end of this project is March 31, 2013. I may get it done earlier, but that seems like a valid time for me to finish the WDM2.2 .

Remember, if you have any questions, you can PM me or ask them right here. Also, I will be uploading a new YouTube video soon. This one is going to be public, so pretty much anyone can watch it anyway. It will explain about GPM2 and GPM3, the PVC assemblies, my spinnerette I'm using, and the basic shooter theory.

Yesterday, I was able to obtain a PVC cap to put on the CO2 adapter assembly. Today I will build the fluid canister and put on the cap. I will also, today, drill a hole in the cap to put the needle-coupling assembly onto. I will also look around for my spring-loader, considering I have no idea where it is. If I ultimately can't find it, I will just get a new one.

I also, today, wanted to talk about the cost of my S.P.I.D.E.R. It is actually not all that expensive.

I got the casing for free, it was just good fortune that there was one lying around. I also had the wire, solder and iron just because I had them.

Now on to the things I actually had to buy. I had to buy the PCBs, sockets, and microcontrollers. The PCB was 3.99 at RadioShack, the sockets were 1.48 each, and the Microcontrollers you can get on mouser.com for 3.10 each.
So, I've only spent about 7.60 so far when looking at just that. The next thing is the PVC. The PVC I'm using was either 0.39 per foot, or 0.69 per foot, depending on where I bought it. I spent 2.79 on the thinner PVC and 0.78 on the thicker kind.
Total cost only around 11.20 on the web shooter. Now, onto the spring-loaded valve. Binaca canister cost only about 1.39 at any grocery store. Then, I also had the PVC glue to glue it all together. That's about 12.60

I also had to buy the bushings, couplings, and fitting. The bushings were 0.79 each. I bought 2. That means I have spent about 14.20. The caps were 0.69 at the hardware store, I bought 2. This makes a spending amount of around 15.60.
The spinnerette I actually got out of a broken soap dispenser thing I found. So that was free.
So, total, the only money I have really spent is $15.60. That doesn't include shipping or taxes, though, so I guess we can round up to $20.

The solenoids will cost about 11.00 each, so that brings it up to 42 dollars or so. Then I will just need a few more couplings and fittings, and some sports needles. The sports needles are 2 dollars at the store, but I already had some anyway.
So, right now I have spent about $20 on the device. That is total. The end cost will be somewhere around $48, not including the formula.
For what this is really worth, I say that's a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"