• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Web shooter shop class - Part 4

what happened to this forum, it seems like everyone just left awhile before i got an acount.

Well starlight, It's been on the fringe for a while. I imagine this forum to either be in the awkward teen years when it has a hard time making friends, or it's well past it's prime and going through it's mid-life crisis. Either way, we need a new innovation to catch a few more minds.

Well I created that explosive air release valve and am currently in the process of turning it into a solenoid. Also looking back at symboteshost and lerens made me realize how important a functioning spinirette is so I will definitely be working on that. Also on a side note does anyone still use the group chat thing and if so could you show me where it is.

wow, you are familar with alot of our older stuff! How long have you been following this thread?

I think you are referring to chatzy. None of us use it anymore. I think someone has to create a room and then invite you to said room. It's like an exclusive chatroom thing.

I've been following it since late 2010 but I read all the original posts on the og forum. I was thinking that the chatroom would really help speed up the conversations. Hey Widow, did you ever build the crackers and milk shooter with professional grade materials cause I aleays thought there was a lot of potential behind that design. My design uses a modified air release valve which is slightly difficult to use but is the most simplistic thing I could create to hold pressure. I'm trying to build something that pp could have made.

Also in my design , though I haven't yet finished it will be able to filter through a tank for more fluid. I'll see if I can post some pics of my design soon.

Also on a side note, has anyone seen ant-man yet? I'm watching it tomorrow and I'm so excited!

I am going to watch antman soon and i hear there is a spiderman easter egg

For my web shooter i am going to make a solenoid shooter (similar to the.amazing's web shooter) and i am planning on adding a vaporizer.

And i have a question: where can i buy a solenoid valve?

You can order a solenoid valve off of amazon for pretty cheap. I'm not sure if they sell that them in Home Depot or other similar stores. Also isn't a vaporizer an inhaler? What purpose does it serve in your shooter?

Thanks for posting that bobcat.

So Pie-man: To answer your question, no. I'm great at researching and coming up with theories, but I suck at building and fabrication. I have all of the supplies neccessary to build a shooter, but I don't have the knowhow to finish it. That's another reason that I decided to move on the the fishing line version. For someone like me, I get to learn the basics of building (Start with combustable and pnuematic potato cannons) vs trying to start on a more professional level.

I understand where you're coming from and what I'm saying is not meant to be taken as an insult. Why not just buy parts similar to what the.Amazing did? I mean, I love D.I.Y as much as the next guy but in my experience it doesn't take you anywhere in this project unless you really know what you're doing and have the parts. Back to the topic of the shooter, has anyone considered just having a spinerrette? If it spins fast enough you may not need any pressure at all.

You can order a solenoid valve off of amazon for pretty cheap. I'm not sure if they sell that them in Home Depot or other similar stores. Also isn't a vaporizer an inhaler? What purpose does it serve in your shooter?
the vaporizer is a heating system that heats up the solvent and removes it from the fluid. If you scroll down there is a post about the vaporizer on this page: http://whitewidowsshooter.weebly.com/

to the pie man: I feel you. I also don't take it as an insult. The reason I don't make an imitation shooter of the.amazing is because I need a substantial amount of heat. With the exception of Wadaltmon, no one has tried making a heated spinneret. To make it small enough to be usable as well as long lasting, you need to separate the heat from anything that could be destroyed by it. unfortunately, that's darn near everything. If I screw up a test with the extrusion device, I need to spend a good 30$ just in replacement parts. That doesn't even include the fluid cost. All this, and you get nothing but a stronger version of silly string. That's mostly why I'm switching. It's more cost effective, and you can get more out of it. (i.e. you can turn the launchers into a way to fire spider tracers or projectiles.)

The SPIDE/R project isn't done, it's just on the back burner till I can pick a fluid with a less harsh interaction with the mechanical system.

Oh ok I see. Well it's good to see you're not giving up on the S.P.I.D.E.R system because you were and still are a huge inspiration for me for this project. Also this may sound like a dumb idea to to solve the heating problem but hear me out. What if we created a spinnerette with such small holes and used it with a formula that has a more fibrous or maybe crystalline structure so when it goes through the spinnerette it actually squeezes out all the water (or whatever solvent). This way it'll align the molecules creating a perfect line, get rid of all the solvent and could (maybe just speculating) work as a chemical bath for the fluid to actually gel spin it?

Oh ok I see. Well it's good to see you're not giving up on the S.P.I.D.E.R system because you were and still are a huge inspiration for me for this project. Also this may sound like a dumb idea to to solve the heating problem but hear me out. What if we created a spinnerette with such small holes and used it with a formula that has a more fibrous or maybe crystalline structure so when it goes through the spinnerette it actually squeezes out all the water (or whatever solvent). This way it'll align the molecules creating a perfect line, get rid of all the solvent and could (maybe just speculating) work as a chemical bath for the fluid to actually gel spin it?
sounds like a good idea, though i dont know much about science, so i dont know if it will work. Sounds good.

I have a question for white widow: on your blog(the post that is about the nichrome wire heating system) you said that the heating system needed time to remove the solvent. How much time would it need to remove the solvent?

To the pie-man: To your credit, you've already figured out why electro-spinning works. When the fluid is electrified to the point that it creates a taylor's cone, the fiber becomes so thin that it molecularly hits the sweet spot. It hits the theoretical perfect. The issues with that is that it takes too much electricity, it doesn't fire far enough, and the fibers are too small. What you are talking about is absolutely true though.

To starlight: It depends on how much heat you have and how the heat interacts with the fiber.

To white_widow: Oh I see. I remeber electro spinning being mentioned on the forum before but it needed a transformer to power it right? It almost seemed as if the fluid was arc-ing tothe wall since they were both being charged. In that case fluid would not be pressurized. Abouy your shooter, are you planing on having a retracting wire or just a wire that incapacitates people like in the video. In that case you should research those strings that have a ball on each end. When they are thrown the balls spin around the object so it cant move.

Oooh 3 people viewing the thread at once, thats more than its been in a looooong time.

oh, you are referring to bolas? Yeah, that is where I started. There is an issue with keeping them flying straight at the target, but I'm coming up with ideas. Would you at all be interested in schematics for my ideas on S.P.I.D.E.R. or A.R.A.C.H.N.I.D. ?

I'll make my SPIDER ideas free source.

Ooh bolas, yeah thats what they're called. I would love to see some of your schematics particularly the arachnid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"