World Web shooter shop class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye White_widow, was really nice to meet ya.

And for those who still stick around: I have the "Spider-Man Handbook" and "Spider-Man The Ultimate Guide" books for a while and I recently remembered that they both have scratches of the web shooter and the formula. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll upload it.

"The Spider-Man Handbook" actually holds a great information in theory about the fluid and the web shooters. Anyhow, it ain't going on to details so far, but just giving you the bases that you should build your web shooters and your formula (but you shouldn't try for the formula, it's just way beyond our knowledge), it's still great though.

The best thing to do is have a button, so it could not be seen under the clothing.

For hot glue, thickness matters. I'll start around a quarter inch, and work my way up.

Other than a electromagnet, which White Widow said wouldn't work, I don't know of an electrical valve anywhere. But that would be best.

As for the cuff, it doesn't matter until the machine works, but rubber or some strong but bendable metal would work.

Hey guys, just checking in. You could attatch a metal rod that has leverage and will push the button on the valve.

Ok, I now have a new-new-new webshooter design. It is much easier to go with a Ben Reilly style shooter, because PVC comes in tubes and it can withstand up to 600 psi, twice that of what Peter pressurizes his cartridges to. The only problem with tubes is that they are harder to conceal and have to be large to contain a suitable amount of fluid. But I want to make an efficiant shooter, not just a shooter. So I will have PVC cartridges pressurized with a bike pump, and a spray paint can trigger will be at the top of each one, releasing the contents under pressure. Then I will carry spares on the shooter itself and on a belt.

Cool! I'd like to keep it concealed for now, but I was thinking, is a bike pump stable enough for 600 psi?

Concerning my trigger, I thought of a new design. It folds up when not used, but when you press it, it extends, turning the valve. I think that will work.

does anyone know what type of valve is used on a co2 bike pump?

Hi. I'm new and everything and my teachers call me a "visual learner". Does anyone have any pictures to explain what the heck is going on? Have any of you built these yet or are you like just starting?

Not really starting. We have a lot of designs, but we will always be making better ones. If you want pics, most likely they will be improved a lot in a week or two.

Also... I don't know how to post a pic... ;)

oh ok. So the wristband thing for it is usually made out of metal right? What about using a cookie sheet? Those are super strong but with a hammer and a torch anythin is possible. For tubes you should use lead pipes or pcv pipes. to puncture the cartridges you could use like a nail with a hole drilled in it and power grinding on the lid. How are yall planning to seal the cartridges? Are you using a lid on a hinge that can only go one way?

I am actually going to have a pressure-activated cap on each of the cartridges, so I just lock and load. The trigger is pretty simple too.
My cuff will be foam and cavlar, so it is thick, snug, hard to break, and very lightweight. They are also easy to replace if they get destroyed.

whats cavlar? What is everything made of? when it comes to the whole trigger thing hows it made? apparently, you are the person who is helping this thing as much as the white widow. That's what im seein anyway.

Ok, I'll be a little busy for the next few months, but I'll still get on and work on the shooter, just a little less.

Has anyone made any progress? I think the best place to start here would be learning how to cap off the cartridges when filling them. That's the only problem right? Once we know the cartridges, we can plan on the individual tidbits of information. Do you unscrew the can, do you puncture it? How big is the cartridge? Do you need a refilling station? All of these questions stem from this elemental question and once we know it, we can plan accordingly.

I can't figure out a way to pressurize it, as well as open it. If I could figure out how the companies pressurize it, I might be able to do it, just adjust it for making it myself. Also, the same metal that is resisting so much pressure, is the same that is being opened with a pin? Maybe you can do something close to when you put a straw into a juice pack, but that might just rip.

Ok, I've been holding this off long enough. I figured out how to make a cartridge a month ago. Its a tube with a spring inside that is attatched to two coins. The top and bottom of the tube have washers welded (Yes, it must be welded unless you can find screw on washers.) onto it. You lock the cartridge into the shooter and when there is a strong "juice box straw" that goes into the washer hole, it will push the coin down and absorb or insert fluid. When you extract the needle, The spring will push the coin to cover the hole in the washer.

Woah! You... Just... Fixed all my problems! Now actually, you might not need the spring if the air pressure is high enough.

Cool! My idea was similar but not as complex because my web fluid will already be solid. The idea was to have a spring at the bottom of the cartridge and as you screw the cap on it compresses the solid web fluid stick onto the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"