weird crowd reactions

Bourne is an adult movie based on books for adults.

Spider-Man is an all-ages movie based on comic books that appeal to all ages.

There is no comparison.
The latest Bourne movie is PG-13, Spider-Man is PG-13, I ain't buying that BS.

Plus, all ages saw "300" and not to metion the "SAW" movies. Try finding a kid who hasn't. Like I said, these comic book films lack balls, it's why we have damn near children writers for them. "Truth, Justice and All That Stuff" it makes me sick.

You are aware that there was no fighting going on while the camera was on JJ and the girl, right? That there is nothing to miss because if it's not filmed then it never "happened".

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but you hear things happening off screen, and the entire audience goes "Oooh"so something is happening off-screen. Now I could be wrong and it could be happening as the same time as the following scene. :ninja:

Plus, all ages saw "300" and not to metion the "SAW" movies. Try finding a kid who hasn't. Like I said, these comic book films lack balls, it's why we have damn near children writers for them. "Truth, Justice and All That Stuff" it makes me sick.

You 'ain't buying that BS'? Okay, I've got more. How about the fact that Bourne doesn't involve Matt Damon decked out in bright primary colors swinging around like a live-action cartoon character. It's Spider-Man for frog's sake! Would you really enjoy it more if the film had 'balls' and had scenes showing gratuitous bloodshed and profanity? Would it have made you happy to see portions of the crowd killed by stray pieces of wreckage during the battle?

Spider-Girl™;13187888 said:
Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but you hear things happening off screen, and the entire audience goes "Oooh"so something is happening off-screen. Now I could be wrong and it could be happening as the same time as the following scene. :ninja:

I was just messing around really. I enjoyed the crowd stuff as much as the battle itself.

I'm not defending the movies in this post...

But seriously 3 movies in and 7 years later you'd think people would realize Sam Raimi's movies are not shot in a real/natural world setting in a realistic way.. ****, to this day Batman Begins and Singer's X-Men movies are the only superhero movies to go for that kind of naturalism.

I would say that SM2 is definetly shot in a world as real as X-men, SM3 was the least realistic of the SM movies. The annoying crowd scenes at the final battle came very close to ruining it, the viewers didnt need light relief in the form of Raimi's kids when we could be watching Spider-man fight Venom!

I love it when a fanboy tries to put one fictional story and characters over another in a realistic world, reminds me of the Bat-Geeks. It makes me giggle, and makes me think you need lots of therapy. :D

Well....in the audience someone yelled "WHERE THE SPIDEY SENSE AT" about half way through the movie.

You 'ain't buying that BS'? Okay, I've got more. How about the fact that Bourne doesn't involve Matt Damon decked out in bright primary colors swinging around like a live-action cartoon character. It's Spider-Man for frog's sake!
I used Bourne as example for crowd reaction, meaning if something dangerous is going down, the crowd should have a serious tone to it, a sense of danger. Not to mention, some being killed in the mayhem. Regardless, both films are PG-13, so anything you do in Bourne, you should able to do in Spidey, so why don't they?
Would you really enjoy it more if the film had 'balls' and had scenes showing gratuitous bloodshed and profanity?
Only if it called for it. It is New York, not Monk town. I mean come on, as big as Sandman was he would have killed a few people just by breaking apart, when hit by Harry.
Would it have made you happy to see portions of the crowd killed by stray pieces of wreckage during the battle?
Yes, that is indeed what the film needed. Maybe you should be writing these films, lol, you're good. It would have made the entire scene more intense, dangerous and a bit more exciting. That's just a few elements villains should bring to the films, it's not asking for too much. :o

You are aware that there was no fighting going on while the camera was on JJ and the girl, right? That there is nothing to miss because if it's not filmed then it never "happened".

Yes,I know but if that shot wasn't in the film then there could been extra fight time,no doubt.

Visionary, i think your comment about fanboys/"bat-geeks" is a little rich coming from you. Unless my eyes decieve me, you have nearly 14,000 posts on a superhero fan site....

You make fun of others discussing the realistic aspects of superhero films but then go on to complain there isnt enough violence and death in the finale of a film primarily aimed at young people.

Are these films meant to be realistic or not.....?

I think you may need a little therapy youself my friend...:woot:

I used Bourne as example for crowd reaction, meaning if something dangerous is going down, the crowd should have a serious tone to it, a sense of danger. Not to mention, some being killed in the mayhem. Regardless, both films are PG-13, so anything you do in Bourne, you should able to do in Spidey, so why don't they?
Only if it called for it. It is New York, not Monk town. I mean come on, as big as Sandman was he would have killed a few people just by breaking apart, when hit by Harry.
Yes, that is indeed what the film needed. Maybe you should be writing these films, lol, you're good. It would have made the entire scene more intense, dangerous and a bit more exciting. That's just a few elements villains should bring to the films, it's not asking for too much. :o

Spider-Man is a SUPERHERO MOVIE! It needs to be positive, and killing random civilians for the sake of 'realism' just makes the hero look helpless and useless. As for the serious tone the crowd "should" have, a battle between superheroes and supervillains is more along the lines of the spectacle that a wrestling match is than a disaster that needs to be avoided at all costs.

It was a fun movie all around, and definitely not meant to be taken seriously. Just because a small 'problem' (which is really what this topic is, small) upsets your ability to suspend your disbelief, doesn't mean that there should be higher death tolls among civilians in Spider-Man (or any other superhero) films.

Well....in the audience someone yelled "WHERE THE SPIDEY SENSE AT" about half way through the movie.

Haha that's great. I wish someone was like that my audience. Although, at my second viewing, I did hear one guy in my row whisper to his buddies, "Why the **** is he dancing?"

I burst out laughing and everyone was looking at me lol. :woot:

I don't really like seeing crowds shots in Spidey 3. Of course, you needed them. You can't tell me that a huge fight between Spidey,Venom,Sandman and New Goblin wouldn't attract a crowd? But,did anyone notice that throughout the film there were alot of strange overacting by some of the extras in the film? Like that goofy lady during the Spidey celebration? She's on Gwen's right and after Gwen introduces Spidey she really acts like an idiot(if you see her then you'll know what I mean). There's also that hot blonde lady standing next to Jameson during the end fight when he ask that little girl for her camera. Jeez. Some of the worst overacting I've ever seen. lol I don't remember any other examples and I wonder if the previous films have horrible acting concerning extras?
OMG we share the exact same concerns:woot: :o It does bother me and it takes away from the film to see a lady yawning, grabbing her head, and acting like she is having a heart attack. The kids in the first scene also look at the camera, and there were a few more. I watch Transformers and not one extra is out of place or overacting. It's a stupid mistake that should never have been made.

I would say that SM2 is definetly shot in a world as real as X-men, SM3 was the least realistic of the SM movies. The annoying crowd scenes at the final battle came very close to ruining it, the viewers didnt need light relief in the form of Raimi's kids when we could be watching Spider-man fight Venom!
Whoever you are...I agree.

OMG we share the exact same concerns:woot: :o It does bother me and it takes away from the film to see a lady yawning, grabbing her head, and acting like she is having a heart attack.

You mean the lady in the background of no importance that the camera is obviously not focusing on? Yeah, I can see where that would be distracting. :whatever:

chaseter said:
I watch Transformers and not one extra is out of place or overacting.

No one in Transformers was acting, period.

You mean the lady in the background of no importance that the camera is obviously not focusing on? Yeah, I can see where that would be distracting. :whatever:

No one in Transformers was acting, period.
Why do you always have to post a disagreement with me:huh: And if you are that thick to not think extras in movies have no weight on the film's quality or the scenes they are in then there is no hope and it further shows the fact that you think this movie is 100% perfect.

And I guess you didn't notice nearly all the people in here thinking the same........................................

Someone please post a clip or gif of the Spider-Man day lady so we can watch it in all its bad acting glory.

And if you are that thick to not think extras in movies have no weight on the film's quality or the scenes they are in then there is no hope and it further shows the fact that you think this movie is 100% perfect.

A woman with about 3 seconds of screentime, IN THE BACKGROUND, is detrimental to the movie's quality?

Jesus, talk about nitpicking.

It's distracting if you know its there or if it happens to catch your. It happened to catch my eye, as well as all my friends, and we were laughing at it. She honestly looks like she's having a panic attack.

Just because the camera is not focusing on something doesn't mean it can't be distracting.

I was watching The Condemned the other day, and their was a close up on John Riley's (Stone Cold) girlfriend's face, with a few people in the background. One poorly placed extra (a girl) was looking directly at the camera and laughing/smiling. It took my attention from the camera's focus to her. It distracted me.

I don't really like seeing crowds shots in Spidey 3. Of course, you needed them. You can't tell me that a huge fight between Spidey,Venom,Sandman and New Goblin wouldn't attract a crowd? But,did anyone notice that throughout the film there were alot of strange overacting by some of the extras in the film? Like that goofy lady during the Spidey celebration? She's on Gwen's right and after Gwen introduces Spidey she really acts like an idiot(if you see her then you'll know what I mean). There's also that hot blonde lady standing next to Jameson during the end fight when he ask that little girl for her camera. Jeez. Some of the worst overacting I've ever seen. lol I don't remember any other examples and I wonder if the previous films have horrible acting concerning extras?

there's a scene early in SM2 where they focus briefly on one woman after Spidey saves a crowd from getting hit by a bus. She yells "Go Spidey Go!" in the corniest way.:down

I don't anyone would've said that in that situation, especially the way she said it.

no offense to anyone but i doubt a black chick would ever say something like that

the whole rus and tumble at the jazz club or whatever cheesy resturant they called it in the movie, really brought an unneeded ooh and awe from the crowd. gwen stacy in it made things worse when she just walked out.

Yeah,it's kinda funny to think that once Peter started dancing and such that no one said a word or went,"What the bad place is he doing?" They all just made a path for him and starting cheering and stuff. lol Just like real life.

Reed Richards had a scene like that in FF2, when he took the dance floor everyone stood back & let him strut his stuff.

They probably just thought that he was this lively all the time. Insecure Peter Parker always wanted to be the star of the party/the hit of the show so the symbiote allowed Peter to release his inhibitions & become the dancing fool that he is.:woot: At least they didn't have Peter do a dance move that everyone in the club started copying. Just imagine how much more cornier it would have been if he had started doing Spidey moves as a dance & everyone started copying him.

Oh man...these reaction shots at the final battle...HORRIBLE!!!
And why in bad place is the police letting the crowd SO CLOSE to the battle!
These reaction shots is something that took me totally out of the movie.

wicked, cool had to be the worse lines in the movie

This particular scene is the only one I noticed and it completely ruined the overall final battle scene. I couldn't help but think that nothing was going on, except the extras facing a loud speaker, where random sounds of explosions were being made...and yes, the acting was so lame.:csad:

Spider-Girl™;13186420 said:
I have to agree with 7000 on this one. I think a normal reaction especially when your adrenaline is pumping that hard would be something along those lines, "yeah!" or "go spidey!"

The cop the camera passes after Pete and Harry save MJ, he like rolls his eyes and TOTALLY overacts the part. The weird crowd reactions in the previous two didn't bother me. The girl who screams in '2' when Ock is climbing the wall, and when he kidnaps MJ, who screams obnoxiously used to annoy me, but I've gotten used to it.

I found Jameson funny as always,but that moment was kinda out of nowhere. You've got this huge battle going on and we all wanna see that. It kinda feels like Raimi just threw that scene in there to get his daughter some screen time.It didn't need to be in there. Although,I didn't mind her as much compared to his sons and their "wicked cool!" comment.

What's missing during crowd reaction is a lot of cursing and people dying as a result of Venom, Sandman, Spidey, GG2's chaos. It's like seeing the two planes hit the World Trade building and someone yelling out "garsh darnit" and nobody dies amongst the carnage. Seriously, how can you have such a battle and no one on the streets even walk away with a scratch?

Those people acted and said what was written for them the way the director/producers/studios wanted them to. This comes from writing knowing you also have toys to sell to kids. In short, comic book movies lack balls, especially the icon characters (which is why I'll never name an icon movie, the best comic book movie ever). It's why you can have a being as powerful as the Silver Surfer, yet not one person dies from his destruction. Or the streets of Gotham City not seem gritty and dangerous, with real drugs and prostitutes.

Everything has been wuss-fied for the sake of children. It's the reason one feels differently when you're watching such a crowd reaction scene in The Bourne movies, nothing is wuss-fied, it's raw, so you feel the danger.

Haha that's great. I wish someone was like that my audience. Although, at my second viewing, I did hear one guy in my row whisper to his buddies, "Why the **** is he dancing?"

I burst out laughing and everyone was looking at me lol. :woot:

OMG we share the exact same concerns:woot: :o It does bother me and it takes away from the film to see a lady yawning, grabbing her head, and acting like she is having a heart attack. The kids in the first scene also look at the camera, and there were a few more. I watch Transformers and not one extra is out of place or overacting. It's a stupid mistake that should never have been made.
According to Blader we all need to quit nitpicking:o

I was watching The Condemned the other day, and their was a close up on John Riley's (Stone Cold) girlfriend's face, with a few people in the background. One poorly placed extra (a girl) was looking directly at the camera and laughing/smiling. It took my attention from the camera's focus to her. It distracted me.

The Condemned is a terrible movie in spite of its extras. :oldrazz:

Seriously, you should all go back and watch the scene involving Jameson and Raimi's daughter. Just look at the people around those 2 and you'll see just how bad it is. Ugh! Who ever edits these movies needs to be fired because they can't edit for ****e.

A woman with about 3 seconds of screentime, IN THE BACKGROUND, is detrimental to the movie's quality?

Jesus, talk about nitpicking.

Well, the fact is, we are not talking about a woman with 3 seconds of screentime in the backround. She is right beside Jameson and... well... annoying.

But that is not the worst, the crowd cheering and applauding Spider-Man every minutes give so much a cheezy feel to this battle...this is over-reaction-shot. This is too much like: see how these people are HAPPY!? See how Spider-Man is HEROIC and LIKED!? Well, react this way, audience! THIS is the good reaction.

Sorry Sam for not wanting to say and think "Woow, Wicked cool!".

Dude, PG-13 doesn´t mean the movie appeals necessarily to the same audience. Batman Begins and Transformers are both PG-13, and I can´t think of two movies with more different purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"